2/6

meet me halfway.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Their security around the border has been tightened, so Yifan and other wolves are up until dawn. Then, the elders will take over. Yifan wonders what his crush is currently doing. He must be sleeping, probably.

 

Who would be awake at these bizarre hours anyway?

 

He misses Junmyeon. It has been a month since he last saw the omega. He still remembers the fright in those beautiful eyes… Yifan wants to snatch the omega’s fears away, so he makes sure to sniff every crook and crannies in the woods of their territory for any hint of outsiders.

 

The thing is, he misses Junmyeon so much until his scent comes out distracting for the other patrolling wolves on duty. None dare to comment on it. It is Yifan’s father who calls him out when the sun is about to rise.

 

“Go see him,” The elder alpha pats Yifan’s back with a knowing smile, “You’ll feel better, son.” Yifan only nods without a single word, his mind working on autopilot after he turns. The only thing in his head is Junmyeon, Junmyeon, and Junmyeon.

 

///

 

Mating season is heading nearer. The ceremony which is supposed to be held a week before is postponed for everyone’s safety. Junmyeon is restless. He has not met Yifan for a month ever since the omegas were declared to stay in their homes until the elders deem it is safe to be out like usual.

 

Junmyeon sleeps with the alpha’s shirt every day, praying to the moon he is safe. His parents are outside for food supplies, so when he hears knocks on the door, it has Junmyeon tensing up. His parents do not need a reason to knock on the door of their own hut, right?

 

Junmyeon rises while bringing the shirt along with him. With careful steps, he heads closer towards the door. The knocks are softer this time. Then, Junmyeon catches a familiar scent outside. Opening the door, it is Yifan at the doorstep. “Hello,” Yifan greets with the same smile he always keeps for Junmyeon.

 

The omega bows and shies away from his gaze like always. “Um,” Yifan attempts to say something about his wish to have him as his mate, but he cannot even find his voice at the moment. Not when Junmyeon looks adorable fiddling with the shirt he gave the omega almost a month ago, “Your parents?”

 

It is early in the morning, and everything is muted in the forest, so Junmyeon gets to hear the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter