3/6

meet me halfway.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Tonight is the night the joined leaders will free the borders for wolves from different regions as well as a variety of packs come over and find their future mates. The ceremony is usually done in their human forms.

 

They will walk in circles on the usual empty field with spectators watching the omegas being chosen, alphas’ eyes seeking mutual interest with the other party. Some betas are involved too. Once they return interest, they can leave the circle to spend their time together or even mate.

 

Yifan is nowhere to be found.

 

Junmyeon keeps waiting and searching without giving up hope while neglecting other alphas’ advances by moving away and averting his eyes from them instantly. He still cannot sense Yifan’s scent. An hour flies, only ten to fifteen omegas mixed with alphas are left in the circle.

 

If anyone chooses him now, Junmyeon will have a hard time refusing. That is how he finds himself being stopped with a pull of his wrist by an alpha who is quite slim but looking sturdy. Junmyeon stares down at his bare feet, trying to grasp away from the hold. 

 

“Come with me,” The foreign alpha speaks. Junmyeon senses no warmth and gentleness in it. He must be an outsider, an alpha not from their pack. “I’ve chosen my alpha,” Eyes still on the ground, Junmyeon bravely stands up for himself, earning gasps around him.

 

No omegas should reject an alpha. It is considered ungrateful, and they will be counted as an outcast. But Junmyeon is the son of an alpha leader so, he will probably be exempted from being thrown out.

 

“He’s not here, isn’t he? Do you want to wait until you’re all alone?”

 

Junmyeon is still firm with his decision. An omega being left alone means the remaining of the alphas will fight for the omega. The one who wins will obviously have the omega as their mate whether the omega likes them or not. It is against their will, but for Junmyeon, he wants to break it.

 

“Let me go,” Junmyeon shoots a sharp look at the foreign alpha, attempting to free from his harsh grip. The alpha rolls his eyes before tugging Junmyeon away from the circle, causing Junmyeon’s parents, especially his mother, to worry.

 

They cannot stop it from happening no matter how bad they want to protect their son. It is their culture. Once chosen and out of the circle, no one can stop them from bonding. Unless another wolf disrupts them.

 

A hand settles on Junmyeon’s arm, stopping them from walking out of the circle. The alpha who has a firm grip on Junmyeon almost throws a snarl before he witnesses another alpha, a stronger one who radiates dominant pheromones way higher than his.

 

“I’ve marked my scent on him before the ceremony,” Yifan calmly begins but, his eyes totally state otherwise, “Are your senses that weak to notice it?” Junmyeon cannot focus on his crush because his wrist is still under the other’s hold, and it is starting to hurt.

 

Yifan releases a threatening growl in his throat to the other, and that is when Junmyeon is set free. The other alpha grunts before eventually returning to the circle, fetching another omega without thinking much. The mere sight has Junmyeon petrified. It could have been him.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

Yifan’s soft voice filling with worry brings Junmyeon back into reality, “I’m so sorry I was late.” Yifan pulls and rubs the omega’s arm until Junmyeon is situated in front of him, nosing into Junmyeon’s temple to calm the omega’s troubled scent, “I’m sorry.”

 

Junmyeon cannot say anything but smile wide until his cheeks hurt, bringing his nose to nuzzle onto Yifan’s revealing collarbones to rub his scent. Yifan has an equal expression as the omega, glad to know he is okay before he locks his eyes with Junmyeon’s parents.

 

They give him a nod of approval before gesturing them to leave the circle. Yifan bows his head in respect before exiting with Junmyeon. Junmyeon nervously plays with the hem of Yifan’s shirt, which was given to him months ago once they are in front of Yifan’s hut.

 

Yifan understands the omega’s state. He slowly brings the small figure into his embrace, carding his fingers through Junmyeon’s soft hair to soothe his senses. Yifan has been wanting to hold him close for years.

 

Junmyeon does not know what to do but have his face snuggling into the alpha’s chest, his arms awkwardly resting by his side. He has not been in this type of situation. “Junmyeon.” Said omega shudders by the voice, which is so close.

 

Moreover, he has never heard Yifan called his name before. It is making his heart flutter. Junmyeon raises his head to the call, not knowing Yifan is mentally melting at the sight of his round sparkling eyes.

 

“I want to spend the rest of my life with you,” Yifan speaks from the bottom of his heart, gazing into those beautiful orbs. His hand comes up to cup the warm cheek, which earns him a softest gasp from the omega.

 

Junmyeon keeps staring into those mesmerizing eyes that he never got to see so close before until he forgets to answer. He has never witnessed this kind of look from Yifan before. “Do you feel the same?” Junmyeon blinks softly at the question.

 

Yifan’s heart is thumping fast for the answer, even more once Junmyeon’s parts his mouth. The omega suddenly glances down at Yifan’s lips. Yifan can feel how nervous Junmyeon is, so he plants his mouth on the shorter’s forehead to calm him down, “You can touch me, Junmyeon.”

 

Junmyeon gulps on how sweet the way the alpha calls his name. His small hands shake with anxiety. Yifan notices this, so he h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter