Part VIII

Lemon Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's note! WHOOH!!! 3K WORDS WTF. So i decided not to be cruel and just post this instead of dividing it into two chapters lol. I said to myself that I won't be posting until I've finished my story but welp--better than this collecting dusts in my document folder lol.

Plot twist, this was originally supposed to be Part XI but I decided to put this forward instead of the other for like,,,a breathing chapter? cause Part VIII was supposed to be heavier (yes, heavier in feels than this *evil chuckles*).

Thank you for all the lovely comments. ^_^ keep em' coming! <3

Also, don't worry everyone, this WILL have a HAPPY ending. I'm not a big fan of tragedies lol, nyongtory will still be endgame <3

Part VIII

The island was akin to Jeju, a small group of islands located at an outskirt of the ocean. There was a small town on the edge of the island. It was not as popular a vacation location as the others, so there were little tourists on the island and the populace was mostly locals.

Fortunately for Jiyong, his other band mates didn't think twice coming with him. As soon as Jiyong left the office of their company's CEO proclaiming how he'll drag Seungri's back no matter what the cost, Youngbae, Daesung, and TOP jumped after him, barely able to politely excuse themselves.

Another fortunate thing for Jiyong, was that Youngbae has enough wit in him to actually research the island, book a two-way trip boat and a reservation in one of the small apartments that they could rest or stay the night (or several nights, he has the liberty of using GD's black card anyway).

Jiyong was barely himself throughout the journey, always fidgeting in his seat, his eyes looking lost, as if he was seeking a face in the sea. Daesung, ever the optimistic man, had tried to gently nudge him out of his stupor through his seemingly random questions and inquiries about music he already knew the answer to. Yet, he was unsuccessful, as Jiyong remained mute, like a carbon cut-off, barely existing, only breathing.

"Just let him be for now," Youngbae said, shaking his head. His frown was deep, feeling exhausted just by looking at his best friend's form. Knowing the man as long as he did, he knew that there wasn't anything they could do to pull the leader out of the limbo he created in his head.

"He needs time," to what exactly? To accept the fact that BigBang may now only debut as four? Youngbae could barely wrap his head around the idea. It seemed ridiculous, like a joke that got out of hand. And now they're scrambling around in their tiny boat, sailing the sea, looking for their faraway member who all but abandoned them.

How could Seungri even do that to them? How could he leave without saying goodbye? Without considering the consequences of his actions?

Does Seungri not trust them anymore? Has the two years of separation made their maknae forget the brotherhood that they shared?

And worse of all, how could Seungri think that Youngbae would abandon him? Youngbae, the one who bid him goodbye even when they were merely six hopeful trainees stuck in a cruel competition against each other.

It hurts Youngbae more than he would like to admit. He averted Daesung's careful gaze, afraid that he'll have to admit to his bandmate how affected he was of the maknae's action.

He hadn't even called us. No message, no letter. Nothing.

How could Seungri think so little of what they had gone through? Are they merely co-workers for him? Has the two years that passed widened the gap between them?

What had happened?

It was the question that was repeatedly echoing in Jiyong's mind. He was constantly bombarded with the question. He had proclaimed his hesitation of leaving the maknae behind when Yang had all but ordered them into signing up for their military services, he had foreseen what might had happened in their absence—and he hated the fact that he had been right.

He should’ve fought harder. He should’ve question Seungri’s stance more. He should’ve done more as a leader to protect s, especially the youngest of them all.

Seungri was left to deal with the fallout. By himself. Alone. Against all the critics that gang up on him.

They were fortunate enough not to deal with that. At least in each of his other bandmates’ case, they were able to be with each other and protect one another from the onslaught of accusations, yet that hadn’t been the case with the maknae.

He grunted; he clenched his fist in order to hold on to the anger burning in his gut. He wanted to hit someone—preferably the journalists who used Seungri’s name to sell their tabloids, those who pointed and tarnished Seungri’s name before the police could even build a case.

There were all at fault for the -up that’s happening right now.

And what’s the is wrong with Seungri?! Jiyong looked back down at his phone. There were still no calls nor messages returned. He had been ringing periodically Seungri’s phone ever since they boarded the small boat going to the island. He had also spammed the youngest with questions—going from casual greetings to outright (though admittedly, baseless) threats. He was wishing for the maknae to just answer his call or reply to his message, with anything! A simple hello or a don’t bother me would’ve suffice, Jiyong isn’t going to be picky.

But he hates this the most. The way that Seungri was outright ignoring him, ignoring all of them. Because he knew, going by the side glance he threw in his bandmates’ way, he knew that TOP, Daesung, and Youngbae were also trying to contact the maknae—they all have been even as before the whole scandal had blown up.

They had promised the maknae that they will always be able for a quick chat, and all their calls have been reserved for Seungri and their respective family. They always have time for him, they always make do.

Though Jiyong would admit that before they took Seungri’s time for granted. Before they would ignore the maknae’s texts or sometimes even casual call just to make fun of him, a simple teasing. Seungri would brush it off though, the same way he does with all of their other forms of soft bullying. Jiyong was kind of half-regretted doing that in those times. He was half-blaming their actions for pushing Seungri away.

Maybe that’s the reason Seungri was ignoring them now?

No. Seungri may not be as kind as a saint, but he wasn’t petty. He wouldn’t do that to them, not when they had promised each other to stick together.

Or perhaps it was really Seungri’s choice to quit? And that the scandal was too much for him that it pushed him not to be part of the show business anymore? Maybe he had realized that the price for the glittering fame was too much. Maybe he doesn’t want to be with them anymore. Maybe he was merely suppressing his hatred for his bandmates in those years out of respect, but now that he had been free of their care for two years, maybe now he realized how much better his life would’ve been without the other four holding him back? Maybe Seungri did hate them and does not want to associate with them anymore?

Jiyong could feel tears prickling the corner of his eyes, threatening to expose the self-pity he’s bombarded himself with. He closed his eyes to prevent the tears from flowing and instead focused in stabilizing the growing panic in his chest.

No. Seungri wouldn’t do that. Not now, not to them.

It was the thought, the fl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter