Remains Of Forgotten Memories

La Danse Macabre || Halloween Short Stories | WayV
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
2 REMAINS OF FORGOTTEN MEMORIES  

 

Sera had always had the weirdest hobby and every single month, it changed. She first had this obsession of collecting feathers of birds and kept it in a book then it changed to collecting seashells which may seem normal but she would later then turn it into dust by crushing them and keeping them in some small glass bottles. 

 

Yes, Kim Sera has a lot of obsession.

But now her new obsession may get her killed.

What is it you may ask?

 

Well it's exploring haunted houses and making documentaries out of it which she will then upload on her YouTube channel. She didn't care much about the views, she just wanted to create those contents for herself and whoever may enjoy it by coming across it. 

 

Right now she was searching for some haunted house that might be near to her and she decided to explore one on the night of Halloween itself. To her surprise, she had found one which was literally next to hers. That house was always fully furnished and looked really pretty, no one would have guessed it would be a haunted one. In addition, she used to play with a little boy who lived there in her childhood, now all that she remembers was that he had moved away with his parents.

 

That night, she had packed a bag. She took two light torches and her camera in her hand as well as some batteries for the torches and camera. As well as a bottle of water, it's important to stay hydrated. 

 

She made her way out of her house and she saw that the streets were filled with children in costumes laughing and eating the sweets that they had received while others had their parents in costumes and were accompanying them. Halloween was never really her favourite holiday but it always brought some kind of warmth to her.

 

 

She made her way to the house and found it strange that the gate was opened, there was no lock on it. She frowned a bit because last time she had checked, she remembered that it was locked. She didn't question anything more as she just opened the door and closed it after her. 

 

The garden was nowhere sinister or anything, it looked so pretty and the roses were in full bloom. She came closer and caressed the petals gently but then she froze and touched the petals once again. That was weird, it couldn't be. She leaned closer and smelled the roses and she was shocked.

 

It was fake roses. 

 

That’s why no one suspected that house to be haunted because the roses always looked like someone was taking care of them but instead they were all fake. She then made her way inside the house and now everything was clear, from the outside it was a very beautiful house but from the inside it was broken, as if a hurricane had just passed by. 

 

She looked nostalgically at the old abandoned house that was standing there gloomily, she used to always go inside to play with that childhood

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter