Ten

A Series of (Un)fortunately WenRene Events
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


Part 10

 

 

Seungwan has been staring at Joohyun for ten minutes from across the dining table over the rim of her cup, sipping her lukewarm tea slowly as she observed her. Her beautiful girlfriend on the floor of their living floor, with her laptop propped opened on their coffee table; defined eyebrows furrowed, lips pursed and her eyes oh-so-serious in a way that reminded her of Joohyun with her mussed up hair and night gown strap slipping off one shoulder, hovering above her.

 

 


Seungwan took a big gulp from her lukewarm tea, feeling dry at the memory.

 

 


Joohyun must have sensed the not-so-innocent thoughts in her head, for her beautiful girlfriend suddenly straightened up on her seat, back rigid and consciously fixed the oversized sweater she's wearing – when there's nothing to fix –

 

 


(because she looks so immaculate whether she's overdressed, underdressed, or not-dressed.)

 

 

So this telepathy-sort of connection that they have still works huh, Seungwan thought, somewhat amused.

 

 


(Or maybe ... any victim of erse thoughts is bound to feel eyes raking over their person like how ... erts make them feel.)

 

 

 

Seungwan shrugged the after-thought, and continued observing (read: ogling) at Joohyun.

 

 

 

Joohyun has been giving her the cold shoulder the whole morning. She had asked the older woman about it, but Joohyun would just looked at her exasperated like 'You seriously don't know?' and huffed away like 'Go figure it out yourself, Son Seungwan'.

 

 

 

Yeah, Seungwan sighed, Joohyun didn't say the words but she got all that from just a look and a huff.

 

 

And if she even showed the least bit signs of displeasure from getting no answer from her bae, she gets the stink eye ... and the breath she was about to let out gets choked in for the love of baechu!

 

 

 

She's tried the 'I'll annoy you until you tell me' approach like sneaking up to her or randomly popping out and asking her 'What did I do wrong, Hyun?', 'Come on, please tell me' with puppy eyes and all and aegyo that she's very, very aware Joohyun likes (and she doesn't – cringes), but the older woman would just glare at her like 'One more word from you and I'll—‘ , she didn't even have to finish that line of thought to get the meaning that she HAS! GOT! to back off or else the murderous intent behind the glare will not remain as just an 'intent' soon.

 

 

 

Seungwan shivered at the memory. 

 

 


The glare was heightened with a glint annoyance, a flash of madness, and red hues of anger with a mild 'Son Seungwan, You!’ (her name sounds like a curse word when Joohyun’s mad, it’s so scary) that it’s kind of imprinted in the forefront of her mind. Sometimes she'd close her eyes and there's the still beautiful pair of bunny eyes morphed into a glare with underlining murderous intent (she kind of looks like Snowball Coelho but more real and definitely human and capable of putting that intent into action) Seungwan shivered at the image of Joohyun holding a knife, a sinister smile on her face.

 

 

 

(and if you dig a little deeper in the recesses of your mind, it’s really Irene of Red Velvet’s ASeul doing exactly that on the music video – as if Seungwan needed that daily reminder.)

 

 

 

AND SHE STILL DOESN'T KNOW WHAT SHE DID WRONG!

 

 

 

She laid on the couch while Joohyun went into their room, an arm over head trying to recall moments from yesterday leading up to this morning. She recounted the various chores and errands she did because Joohyun told her to. Seungwan slapped her forehead, for all her brains and smarts her memory sure knows when to stop functioning just when she needed it most.

 

 

 


Out of ideas, Seungwan went into the bedroom to directly ask Joohyun. She caught her girlfriend standing still in front of their walk-in closet, loose hair strands hanging in front of eyes that seem to be glimmering with ... sadness (?). Seungwan doesn't understand it but something pricked inside her chest at the sight.

 

 

 

"Hyun..." Her girlfriend’s head turned at her voice, surprised to see her standing by the doorway, Joohyun pulled the closet door roughly, banging it loud

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter