JUMP

PRiSN\

It was a leap of faith or rather one of trust as we held hands tightly and jumped off the gigantic table. The floor beneath was pure marble. We should have died. We would have but we didn't. We landed albeit a little messily as we rolled for a bit but we weren't hurt and that was the main relief. I looked up to find the furry beast staring down at us as I pulled a wobbly Baekho to his feet and we started to run away.

Turning back a few moments ago before this predicament, we had just woke up to the same 'morning' and headed to the main hall. It was starting to be a habit, I guess. The alarm, the taking turns of getting ready and of course, Prism's weird antics the moment he appears.

"Cats! Welcome to the world of cats!" he said as we were teleported to a different place first instead of having to go through some form of lucky draw instead. The world was wack since I didn't quite now how to describe it. It looked just like a living room but it was huge. Everything was almost a hundred times larger than us or maybe even thousands. We were mostly struck in awe but the moment a scuttling sound echoed behind us, some started to shriek at the enormous cat that had hopped up the table. By comparison, we probably looked like mice to them. "Let the game of catch begin!"

"What the-"

"Run!"

Everyone started scattering across the table, running from the cat. We weren't able to coordinate our movements with the others as everyone was just running for their lives now. Baekho pulled me away from the crowd as much as he could until we reached the edge of the table. We turned around to find a ginger colored cat walking towards us and back to the present, we jumped.

Cats could jump from the simple height of the table, of course so we ran behind what seemed to the a huge basket to get away from it. Just from that alone, we were already panting heavily and slid down onto the ground.

"What the hell. He can't just do that..."

I sneezed and rubbed my nose. "Ah, crap."

"What's wrong?" Baekho asked me despite his own wheezing.

"I'm allergic to... Fur," I replied him and tried to hold back another sneeze.

"What?! How... Aren't we in a game? Your allergies shouldn't be affecting you."

I felt uncomfortable all over and tried not to breathe in too much but it was hard considering how much we ran. "Who said it wouldn't just because we are in a game?"

"Well... For starters, I would my pants if you made me jump from that height in reality."

"Except your fear for heights... Achoo- ugh... Doesn't seem to be affecting you while my nose is already runny," I whined. "Not to mention, if we did jump from such a height in real life, we would definitely die... So that can only mean... We shrunk and also we would still die achoo- hah! If we hadn't jump."

Baekho looked at me dumbfounded. The sound of footsteps made us both jump as more people ran to hide with us.

"We can't clump up with them, Baekho. The cats will sniff us out."

"Let's go then," he said and helped me up. I sneezed again before we started to run away. We yelped as a cat landed right beside us. We dodged it's paw right as it tried to grab us, running under it while it pounced on the other people. I glanced back and caught a glance of the people disappearing and only parts of their bodies fell down.

"Oh god," I gulped and picked up my speed despite feeling the stuffiness in my nose annoying me. Now isn't the time to let my allergies disturb me. "It's hard to breathe... Hah..."

"Come on, Minhyun. We can get away, just a little more," he encouraged me as we rushed towards another potential hiding spot. "Minhyun!"

"Wha-" He tackled me to the side just as a black cat pounced on the ground where we stood. I coughed and sneezed again, gasping for air.

"This is bad," he said worriedly as he pulled me up again. My legs started to feel wobbly and I was getting dizzy from the running and resting. It was a crazy constant change of emotion that my heart wasn't prepared for despite the first few games being just as life threatening. "Minhyun, now isn't the time to rest."

"It's not like I want to!" I snapped back as we continued running hand in hand away from the cat. I wasn't sure how far we ran but we ultimately reached a couch. Thankfully there was a little space underneath it and Baekho hurriedly ushered me under. The two of us crawled and laid low before I sneezed again.

"Oh god," I muttered as my nose started to itch badly. "The dust..."

"What?"

I wheezed and tried to breathe but the moment I saw a shadow covering the light, I held my breath and so did Baekho. A low growl sounded before it walked away again. Once it was away, we both let out a soft relieved breath albeit shaky.

"What now?"

"I'm allergic... To dust too," I said and coughed.

"Really? What else are you allergic to?"

"Um... Salt..."

He blinked and looked at me as if I just said something stupid. I rolled my eyes, knowing that a salt allergy wasn't the most common thing around but it was true.

"Come on. Just...let us go find a better hiding spot," I said and he crawled out with me.

"I'm not too sure if there's any better ones. Plus we aren't sure what's the goal here... Just survive or find a way to..." His voice trailed off and I knew why. We broke the statues to win but these were cats. They may just be part of this game we were stuck in but it would leave a much more bitter aftertaste if we were to... Kill them.

My sneeze distracted him but also attracted attention again so we started sprinting across the room, unsure where we were headed. There were about 5 cats in total probably, all different in color. Each chasing a pair or several.

"We can't just keep running," he panted as his stamina was starting to catch up with him too. My stomach felt twisted as well as we tried to hide by the leg of a cabinet.

"We have to find Jonghyun," the words slipped out before I could stop them. Baekho looked at me and frowned.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Well, he seemed to know what to do in the previous game and also... He said he played the game before so he might know how to win," I replied him. Baekho chewed on his lower lip before grunting in some form of dissatisfaction that I didn't know he had. I crossed my arms and faced him. "What is it?"

"What?"

"Whatever that grunt was."

"It was nothing," he replied and pouted. I quirked a brow at him and pulled the cuff to stop him from walking off.

"Hey. We can't work together if we both have some kind of problem..."

"It's just... You really trust Jonghyun but you don't even know him or at least, you don't remember him..."

"Yeah...? Baekho, we want to win this game, don't we? He's our best shot at winning."

Baekho pouted more and I felt as though he was potentially hiding something more from me. I sighed and rubbed my temple.

"What's the real problem here?" I asked and he seemed uncomfortable. "Come on. Spit it out. If you let it fester, it'll just eat you up and bother both of us later on if something were to make it explode."

"I-I," he stuttered and made weird motions with his hands. I nodded, urging him to continue and he let out an exasperated sigh. "I just wish you would trust me just as much too... I'm your current partner and... I wish... Maybe I just... Want you to rely on me a bit more..."

I blinked and tilted my head. "What are you even saying? I do rely on you like... A lot more than you know it. You sa-"

"Watch out!" he yelped and pulled the cuff. I stumbled forward and a paw swiped right behind me, catching my shirt and ripping it. "There's just no end to them!"

We started running again and by now, I couldn't even count the amount of running we have done or where we were or anything at all. My mind spun from the side effects of my allergies and also my want to puke. I felt dizzy. I didn't want to run but I didn't want to die. Yet I felt so tired.

"Minhyun!" Baekho called out to me as he tugged on the cuff to prevent me from falling behind and I gasped, snapping out of my trance. "I see Jonghyun over there."

"Help!" a yell came from the other direction. I glanced over and noticed the two guys who had raided our room before trying to shoot at a cat that was playfully stomping around them. Their bullets bounced off mercilessly and one of it even rolled towards us. I bumped into Baekho who slowed down and picked up the bullet.

"A BB pellet? They don't even have real guns," he said in shock. I blinked in surprise too.

"Wait, you're not thinking of helping them, are you?" I squeaked and held his arm as I glanced back to make sure the cat wasn't chasing us since we were out in the open.

"We should, shouldn't we?"

"They threatened us, Baekho. We should just leave them alone."

"With fake guns."

I sneezed and frowned at him. "And? They would have definitely killed us if they had real guns."

"But they didn't and they need help now. If we don't go-"

"Baekho, Minhyun, over here!" Jonghyun called out to us while waving his hands. He gripped my arms and looked at me straight in the eyes as I had earlier.

"Decide now. Do you want to help me help them or do you want to run over to Jonghyun?"

I looked at him and frowned. Why was he making me choose? Right after he wanted me to rely on him, now he wanted me to choose. I breathed in shakily, unsure about this. There was too much risk in helping them. Not to mention, there were people earlier that we didn't help either so why now?

"I-"

A cat landed right behind us and we both gasped.

"Choose now. We don't have time."

~~~

Meow~

> Help them

> Run to Jonghyun