PLANE

PRiSN\

I pointed to the plane and Minhyun nodded as we both took aim at the plane. 

 

Please work. 

 

I let go of the arrow and both arrows flew towards the plane, barely grazing it as our aim weren't the best. It seemed to take notice of us and started flying in our direction. Shocked and with nowhere to run, I got up and tried to back up against the screen as it zipped past us. 

 

"Baekho!" Minhyun yelped as he was a moment too late. The plane's wing caught his sleeve, pushing him back slightly off the machine. I felt the pull of the chain almost instantly as he started hovering dangerously, adjusting my stance so he wouldn't fall. I pulled him up but before we could get to safety the plane was back for round 2. 

 

"Minhyun, jump!" I yelled and he jumped, grabbing onto the plane's wing as it flew by. I caught ahold of it just before it was out of range and it started to wobble. "Climb!" 

 

We started to make our way to the cockpit since we were small now but the plane started to spin. We almost slipped but managed to hold on until it entered another arcade machine's screen. 

 

"Pwah!" Sand started to bat against our eyes and clothes as we somehow ended up at some desert. 

 

"Holy ," I squeaked and held on tightly as it was just plain sand everywhere. It flew out from another screen, somehow reemerging from another side of the room. I noticed we were slightly bigger and continued to climb as slowly and best as I could as the plane continued going haywire, flying here and there. Minhyun managed to get inside the open cockpit and helped me in. "Let's see if we can turn this around!" 

 

I grabbed the wheel and tried to turn it but it wouldn't budge. 

 

"Of course not. It's a toy after all!" I groaned. 

 

"Wait. Maybe we can do something to it to make it real," Minhyun said. 

 

"Huh? What do you mean?" 

 

"If the screens can shrink us, there has to be something that can make us big again." 

 

"Woah, woah! You want to turn this plane into a real sized plane?! That'll crush Wonho and the others!" 

 

"Do you have any other plans?" 

 

I groaned since it wasn't like I knew what else I could do right now. Think, Baekho. There has to be a different way to go about this. 

 

"Ah! We just have to drive this into the screen we came out from. The one with Hoshi and the others. Surely it'll be enough to knock the cages over." 

 

"We can try that but if it doesn't work..." 

 

I chuckled and tilted my weight along with Minhyun to force the plane to go in the direction we wanted it to. It started turning and was about to spin when we leaned to the other side to make it stop. It started heading towards the screen and popped right in as we anticipated. Some yelped and backed away as we tried to maneuver it to crash into the cages. 

 

"Duck!" 

 

It knocked off the top of a few and kept going wild despite bits and pieces of it getting chipped off. The sound of its engine started to rattle and I turned back. Minhyun nodded and started getting up from his seat. We both jumped off and tumbled to a stop just as the plane crashed. It was odd to see it just crumple like a plastic toy and fall to the ground without any smoke. There was also no visible wall that we could see but I guessed we agree that this world didn't make sense anyways so why question it. 

 

"That was weird! But you set us free! Thanks, man!" Hoshi chirped.

 

"No problem. Let's set the rest free." We started running around and opening the cages before realising that some of them didn't have handcuffs as well. "The same as Wonho..."

 

"Wonho? Did you say Wonho?!" one of them squeaked and rushed to us. He was a tall guy, similar to Minhyun's but he looked even more twig like.

 

"Um... Yes, I did. You know him?" I asked and he nodded.

 

"Thank goodness he's still alive."

 

"Well, he might not if we don't go and help him."

 

"Though there is a slight hitch when we exit the screen... We end up coming out small," Minhyun said and some gasped.

 

"But there are so many of us! Surely we can find a way to stop this."

 

"We can try but I won't hold any hopes too high," I said and they nodded. We stepped out of the screen one by one and noticed that Wonho still hadn't budged from the location we left him at since any moves he made would have been precarious.

 

"Wonho!" The tall guy yelled and waved his hands while hopping to get his attention.

 

"Hey, careful," I said while pulling him back from the edge. "If the toys notice us, they'll attack."

 

"We should do that then," Hoshi said and I quirked my brow at him. "I mean, if we all attack the toys and the bear... Your friend should be able to do something about it, right?"

 

"We don't know how sure we are on that," Minhyun said.

 

"Can't hurt to try," Woozi replied and Minhyun and I exchanged glances, knowing exactly why I was being so hesitant about this. He grabbed my hand and shook his head as if knowing what crossed my mind.

 

"Let's try it," he said and I took a deep breath, squeezing his hand in my palm.

 

"Alright. Let's jump!" Hoshi said and hopped without a care in the world. Woozi gasped but followed along since he didn't have much of a choice. They managed to board the train after a simply harsh looking landing but they looked fine. The train didn't seem to make any funny moves like the plane did so more people started leaping off as well. Some made it onto the train while others grabbed onto other floating toys or arcade machines. Their sense of danger seemed to have gotten thrown out of the window as they started wrecking havoc in the store. The tall guy made his way towards Wonho instead while Minhyun and I still contemplated on what to do. Help mess things up? Help Wonho? It was hard to know what to do when there was simply not knowing what we could do to get the portal working again or how to defeat the bear that had started moving too. It tried to grab the toys and people. 

 

"Let's go to Wonho," Minhyun said and I could only nod, knowing that nothing I could think of now would be any good either. We jumped with a little bit more confidence now since it seems even gravity works differently when you're smaller. Our bodies felt light and floaty somehow but we were definitely still falling. We maneuvered our way through the mess and landed on him. 

 

"Huh? Baekho, Minhyun. You're both safe," Wonho said in a soft voice, probably to make sure it wasn't booming for us.

 

"Yep. Think we can get to the wires now?" I asked as we climbed onto his shoulder.

 

"I've been waiting for a chance to do it but hold on tight. Its probably not going to be a fun ride," he said and we nodded, grabbing onto his shirt tightly. He shot up from his position and sprinted towards the portal, sliding sideways to avoid the paw swipe. Minhyun and I both screamed as if we were on a roller coaster ride since it felt just like that but maybe worse if that was even possible. There was another voice screaming close to us too but I couldn't quite tell who it was since everything was a mess. People yelling and cursing, toys flying and crashing, clapping and singing. It was as if the whole place was alive and mad. Wonho connected the plugs but there was only a slight spark.

 

"Maybe there's more," Minhyun said and I was just holding in my gag reflexes from pushing air out from my otherwise empty stomach. Wonho got up to a low stance and started looking around since the bear was thankfully distracted.

 

"Or maybe the arcade is taking up too much power," a voice said from his other shoulder. We leaned back to find the tall guy from earlier on Wonho as well. "Hey."

 

"Hi?" I blurted out and he gave me an awkward smile.

 

"Anyway... There has to be a reason why its not working and the only one I can think of is that everything else is using too much."

 

Wonho nodded and ran behind the teddy bear. We weren't sure why until we noticed the huge amounts of wires connected to the bear. Electric was flowing into it uncontrollably and dangerously as we could see sparks coming off from them.

 

"We have to disconnect them somehow," he said while turning his head to gaze at the store.

 

"Ah. Baekho, the arrows," Minhyun said and tried to find a steady position to sit on his shoulders.

 

"Huh?"

 

"Wonho, we are going to freeze the wires. That way, you can grab them."

 

"It'll take us forever to freeze them!" I squeaked.

 

"But there aren't any better way to go about this now unless..."

 

"Unless?"

 

"Wonho uses his shirt to grab the wires," Minhyun said and cleared his throat.

 

"Well..." I wasn't sure what to respond to that but Wonho seemed determined. He nodded and helped all three of us down to the ground safely.

 

"Sit tight." He pulled off his shirt and the other guy put his hands over our eyes.

 

"Eh? What are you doing?" I asked in confusion.

 

"Stopping you from seeing his bare chest, of course!"

 

"Um... Okay."

 

Arguing or disagreeing wouldn't bring us anywhere at this point so we could only trust Wonho for now as we heard electric crackling. One minute. Two. Three. I lost count until I heard noises starting to die down. Looking up slightly, we heard people's screams and shouts died down too.

 

"I did it! We did it!" Wonho said and our sights were returned again.

 

"You did it!" the male cheered and Wonho scooped him up.

 

"Yay~ I'm so glad you're alive, Hyungwon ah... You have no idea how much I missed you."

 

"Mmm~ I missed you too."

 

Minhyun exchanged glances with me before we looked around the store. All the toys seemed deactivated including the bear and the arcade machines as well. The portal was also glowing. There was a short silence before everyone started cheering and as we cheered, our bodies started to grow again. It was weird to see it but it didn't really feel gruesome or anything.

 

"We are back to normal!" The cheers got louder and we finally realised how many more people there actually were in the store. After our small celebration of mostly just cheering, we settled around the portal. 

 

"So who is going in first?" someone asked and we all looked at each other. 

 

"You should go," the tall guy said and nudged Wonho. 

 

"Huh? But what if all of you get stuck here instead? I don't want that either...," Wonho said and the other chuckled. 

 

"Stop worrying so much for others and worry about yourself more." 

 

I looked at Minhyun who stared at them before meeting my eyes. "Hmm? Something wrong?" 

 

"No. Just wondering if it'll be better for them to leave or..." 

 

"For us to leave?" he continued my sentence and I chewed my lip. I didn't want to selfish and stop them from leaving but if what Wonho said was true about only one person being able to leave, then I would want Minhyun to leave. Yet somehow I knew Minhyun wouldn't want that to happen. Wonho headed to us and beamed. 

 

"Let's all go," he said and we blinked, confused. 

 

"But I thought you said only one person can leave," I gasped and Wonho nodded. 

 

"I know but there's no harm in trying to jump in the portal all at once," he said hopefully. "I wouldn't want to leave you guys behind either..." 

 

We exchanged glances and back at him. 

 

~~~

 

Leave? Stay? 

 

> Try Wonho's plan

 

> Go to the church

 

> Go to the business buildings