WELCOME

PRiSN\

"You have got to try it out!" my game crazed friend cried out at me as we headed out from the office.

"Alright. What's so great about the game anyways?"

"Classic horror rpg but with an incredible adventure like sense. The story telling is superb and oh god, the jumpscares are perfect. Not at all like those nonsensical B rated movies."

I fixed my bag strap and chuckled before just nodding to go along with my friend. Always the game buzz. We reached the game store that he had somehow managed to direct me to in the midst of our conversation and entered it as well.

"Oh and get this. This particular store even has AV games in it."

"Seriously? Can you be serious here for a moment? You know I'm no game geek. I just want something to relax with on the weekends and..."

"And that's why AV games are perfect!"

I sighed and shook my head, taking my own path in the store while leaving my geek of a friend to his own fascination with the games. I looked through the games but none of them really caught my attention. I noticed a curtain and guessed that it was probably where they kept their more private games (AV). I avoided it since I didn't have that much interest in those types of games and continued browsing the selection at the front until my friend was done.

"Where do you even get all the money to buy games and figurines?" I asked with a light chuckle and head shake at the amount of items in his basket.

"Shhh. Sometimes things must be sacrificed for the greater good."

"Whatever you say man."

"What about you? Picked out anything?"

"Nah. Nothing really looks eye catching to me."

"Really? Not even this new upcoming game PRiSM?! Everyone's out to get it, dude. You're totally missing out."

I just laughed and shook my head, having no interest in such a game. He sighed and sulked.

"What a disappointment. Time to head home then."

"Alright. See you tomorrow."

We left the store and went our separate ways. I walked down the bustling streets and decided to pack some food for dinner before heading home. Munching on a skewer steak, I made sure not to drop any food by accident. As I was walking by a quiet park, I took notice of a hooded ragged looking man standing by the side with a large bag slung around his shoulder. He held something glowing in his hand and my initial thought was to speed up my steps but as soon as I was by him, he grabbed my arm and I jumped.

"Excuse me, young boy," he spoke in a chilling scratchy voice that almost made my skin crawl. I couldn't see his face due to the hood and the dark but if I had to make a guess, it was a rather old man.

"Y-yes?" I responded, unsure if that was the right response or not but I couldn't just pull my arm away rudely. "Are you lost, sir?"

"No, not quite. How would you like to play a game?"

"A game?" I whispered and he let go of my arm, holding out the glowing item in his hand. I was surprised to find that it was a small disc, one that I wasn't sure which platform it could be played on. My first instincts was to shake my head and offered an apologetic smile. "Sorry. I'm not that into gaming."

"Oh, really? That's disappointing."

I laughed awkwardly and bowed. "Sorry but I'm going to leave now."

"See you around, young boy."

"Um... Okay?"

I started to leave in a hurry, a little weirded out by that exchange but I soon forget about it as soon as I had a clean set of clothes on and a full stomach. I laid down on my bed and stretched my body out as I sighed in relief that the day was finally going to be over. I closed my eyes and slowly fell asleep....

Or so I thought.

Loud voices started to fill my head and I twitched, feeling as though my body weighed like heavy metals just keeping me lodged to the ground. My head throbbed as I slowly opened my eyes and breathed in sharply. I looked up and gasped in confusion as I saw a whole crowd of people in front of me, screaming and yelling. I couldn't understand what was going on and moved my hand to hold my throbbing head but heard and felt metal scraping. I noticed a handcuff around one of my hands and jolted, lifting it up to find it attached to another unconscious male. I slowly pushed myself up and looked around me. It was as though I was in a white dome that had lights everywhere. People and the sound of metal filled the air, demanding to know what was happening or crying. I pulled at the handcuff and tried to take it off before realising everyone else had the same handcuff around one other person too.

The dome started to shake and from above, a stage descended. Everyone looked upwards in unison, yelling or muttering to one another. I scurried over to the male I've been handcuffed to and shook him up. He blinked and peered at me from the ground before a loud noise distracted both of us. We turned our attention to the ceiling stage that was suddenly raining confetti. A single person dressed in a suit stood on the stage. At first, they looked normal but that was until I caught sight of their head. It was... An inverted hexagonal pyramid shaped head with neon lights bouncing off the edges and reflecting everywhere as the room dimmed. A mic fell and the odd headed person grabbed it, clearing their throat as the sound echoed around the dome sharply to make the noise cease.

"WELCOME TO PRISN! WHERE LIFE AND DEATH IS THE GAME!" the person spoke in a loud, almost obnoxious masculine voice. People started gasping and whispering amongst themselves while I was still confused. "Tsk, tsk. Alright, pipe down."

"HEY! YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO KEEP US HERE! LET US ALL GO!"

"YEAH!"

"GET DOWN FROM THE STAGE, RETARD!"

"YOU WON'T GET AWAY WITH THIS."

A loud crackle echoed the dome as the pyramid head laughed and did a spin on the stage before he pointed a finger in our direction.

"Disastrous, really. Humans are a horrible bunch. You're all unbelievable," pyramid head crackled and more shouting echoed in the enclosed space. "Alright, that's enough."

Yet, the crowd still made noises until the weird man snapped his fingers. An explosion sounded followed by the sound of horrified screaming as the heads of the loudest duo blew off. Their bodies still connected through the handcuff. Blood splattered everywhere and so did bits and pieces of skin. Everyone made a circle around the bodies, avoiding the blood and now corpses. The noise quieted down and the person started crackling in a wicked tone.

"Serves you right for not listening to me. And now that I have your utmost attention again, let me explain what will happen to the rest of you if you do not listen to me. Firstly, death. Lastly, death."

"This is madness," the male with me whispered under his breath.

"I am the word of his game. The ruler. The ultimum. No one is to go against me or my words. You may call me PRiSM. Or sir. Now then, as you can all see, you are connected to someone else. Whoever you are with is your forever partner in this game. There will be no switching and fair warning, if you remove the handcuffs without permission, BOOM your head will go too!"

Someone started breaking down crying while some just had horrified expressions. I was still very confused. What the hell was going on? Why us? What is this fresh hell anyways? It was like some sort of movie show and that made it hard to believe. I noticed the male was already looking me up and down and I frowned.

"Everyday, you will play a game. If you win the games, you'll get some benefits. To clear the game, you must get a certain number of achievements. You are free to sit out of games but! You will only get 5 skips. Any more than that and it's goodbye too. Your rooms are down that hallway and the keys are the handcuffs. Scuttle along now, cattle! And once again, welcome to the PRiSN. I will meet you here in the morning tomorrow."

The stage started elevating back to the ceiling and the hushed surrounding became loud again. Demands thrown in the air, crying and screaming of those in disbelief. The male with me seemed pale as well but he didn't say much. I breathed in shakily and held my hand out towards him.

"Hello, guess we are stuck together. My name is..."

~~~

Welcome to PRiSN. Please pick the first character you wish to continue as.

> Baekho 
  - 25 years old
  - Proficiency : Surviving, cheating and swordfighting
  - Fear of height and horror

> Minhyun
  - 25 years old
  - Proficiency : Acting, talking and hiding
  - Fear of salt and sudden loud noises