Ohana

The Lee Family

Donghae’s Haru, Ohana

 

“Baby, come on we’ll be late” I said, honking the car a bit at Hyukjae who was still inside .

We have a doctor’s appointment today, Hyukjae’s been feeling really sick. He gets tired easily and he’s been puking non stop. We kinda got a hunch why but.. we just wanted to make sure. You know? Better safe than sorry.

 

“Yeah! Hold on a bit!” he said from inside the house. After a short while, Hyukjae came out. But rather than walking out himself he was being pushed out by both Taemin and Minho, almost shooing him away.

 

“Go, Go, we’ll be fine they’re in good hands!”

 

“Yeah Mom, they’re fine trust us a bit why dontcha?”

 

I chuckled, seems like someone’s having a bit of a hard time letting go of their kids.

 

“Ugh fine, but don’t forget to-”

 

“We will Just GO!” And with that final blow they manage to shut Hyukjae up and get him in the car feeling baffled.

 

“Aish, these kids” he grunted.

 

“So, apparently mommies can be whiney and stubborn too” I chuckled, he glared at me and pouted.

 

“Oh come on baby.. don’t be mad..” I grabbed his hand and kissed it gently, still focusing my eyes on the road “Hopefully after this check up, you’ll have someone else to dote on”

 

He looked at me smiling, his smile was always so beautiful, but during these times.. he looked like an angel.

He leaned his head on my shoulder and hugged my arm.

 

“I really do hope that’s the case”

 

A short while later, we arrived at Dr.Zhoumi’s clinic.

 

“Good morning Mr. Lee, nice to see you again”

 

“Nice to see you too”

 

 Dr.Zhoumi gave Hyukjae the check ups and tested him. We sat there waiting for him to come out with the result.

 

He hugged my arms and leaned his head on my shoulder.

 

“Hae I’m nervous”

 

“It’s going to be fine love..” I said, caressing his tensed hands.

 

We waited for a few minutes in anticipation. Hoping and praying to god our hunches will become real.

 

 

 

“Okay, I have the result for you” he said, coming towards us.

 

He held my hand and gripped it tight, I could feel the tension and hope in his eyes.

I really wish this wont make those bright sparkly eyes turn into a state of devastation..

 

 

“Mr. Lee Hyukjae, …”

 

Drumrolls started playing in my head as Hyukjae and I leaned forward in anticipation.

 

“Congratulations.. you are 3 weeks pregnant”

 

 

Even if the room was quiet, I could hear trumpets and marching bands, fire works and clapping in my head. I hugged Hyukjae tight and kissed him on his cheeks.

 

“Thank you baby, you’re really a miracle worker”

 

And with that great news, we went home. Feeling excited to tell the kids they’re gonna be having another sibling, and also step sibling *wink* *wink*

 

Later on that day..

 

“Kids! We’re home!” I shouted as I helped Hyukjae carry his things inside.

 

The kids all came running towards us, I took a moment to evaluate them.

 

 

 

 

(lets just pretend that Hyuksuk’s a ten year old guys.. tehe)

 

The kids were really growing, and soon enough they’ll be walking down the isle with their partners. It’s a bit sad, and I get why Hyukjae was getting heart broken over it as well. But growth is supposed to be beautiful. Knowing that they grew up being a couple of fine gentlemen should be something that we are proud of. And no matter what, they’ll always be our sons.

 

I smiled, holding back the craving of letting out a tear and be all sentimental and sappy. No, this was a happy moment. And I’m sure the kids will be happy as well.

 

“Oh Jaeminnie, you’re here too!” he said, hugging the boy mercilessly.

 

“Yes,.. mom” he replied sheepishly. Seems like someone’s still a bit shy. That reminds me of the time Minho first tried to call us Mom and Dad.

 

Am I accepting of their relationship? Yes, one hundred percent. But am I ready to let go? Well I’m just as much, if not more sappy than Hyuk. I’m stubborn about it but I really do think Jeno and Taemin found the perfect person for them. And if I had to let go of my kids to anyone, I’m glad it’s them.

 

We all sat down in the couch, their faces seemed confused and tensed.

 

“Relax, we’re not here to punish you guys. Well as long as you didn’t do anything wrong that is”

 

“Did you?”

 

Their eyes went wild, “nonononono” he said frantically. Seems like they did do something bad, but we’ll deal with that later.

 

“Guys, we have an announcement to make”

 

Drum rolls. Dugundugundugundugundugundugun,

 

“You guys are gonna have a new baby brother!”

 

They all cheered, we danced and sang as we jumped around. All while not realizing the fact that someone was pouting so hard they were gonna cry.

 

SLAM

 

The door slammed hard as Hyunsuk caved himself in his room.

 

We all rushed ourself to his room knocking on the door.

 

“Hyunsuk honey, what’s wrong? Are you not happy?”

 

“Leave me alone!”

 

Hyukjae seemed frantic, he seems distressed and confused. I tapped on his back and mouthed “give him some time”

 

He sighed and went back to the sofa, he curled up as Taemin and Jeno hugged him. Minho seemed to me blaming himself and feeling bad for his little brother.

 

“I’m sorry, I’m so sorry” he bowed.

 

“No it’s okay Minho-ah, we’re not mad. We just hope Hyunsukkie will come to love his new brother soon”

 

“I’ll make him”

 

I think I know what that feeling is. I remember when my baby brothers, Sehun and Kai was born I was so angry and furious.. and also.. jealous. I thought mom and dad weren’t gonna love me as much as they did before. But none of that was true, they love us all equally. No matter how many brothers I get it wont change the fact that mom and dad loves us.

 

I asked Minho if he could come with me to talk with his brother, and he immediately agreed.

 

“I’m so sorry, I’m gonna teach that kid some manners right away” he huffed.

 

I chuckled, “No need to be so angry. Have you never been like that as well?”

 

“Like what?”

 

“Being jealous of your little brother because you’re scared you’re being replaced”

 

He looked down, his anger changed into guilt. “I have”

 

“You know how painful that is right?”

 

“Yeah..”

 

I smiled and leaned his head to my shoulder “He’s gonna need support from you, his older brother. Let’s not make him hate himself even more okay?”

 

“Yes”

 

We took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

 

“Hyunsukkie, it’s Minho and Haedad” (he calls us Hyukmom and HaeDad so he wouldn’t get confused between his real parents and us)

 

Not long after that we heard the door unlocked. We opened the door and found Hyunsuk hiding under his blanket.

 

We stepped forward and sat beside him.

 

“I’m sorry” he mumbled.

 

I caressed his head, well I assumed it’s his head anyway he was covered by his blanket.

 

“It’s okay sweetie, we’re not mad.. now would you mind telling us why you were so angry?”

 

Minho scooted closer and hugged his baby brother, as Hyunsuk started to cry.

 

“i’m no one..” he sobbed.

 

“What do you mean you’re no one?”

 

“I’m not your son, I’m not you son in law, I’m no one. All I was before is the youngest that you guys dote on. But now , you guys will leave me.. and I’d be all alone”

 

I frowned and joined the group hug.

 

“No Hyunsukkie, I love all my family..”

 

“exactly, you love your family. I’m not your family”

 

Aah, I see what he means. Exactly as I thought it was the fear of being shunned and replaced. But I didn’t know that it was this serious.

 

He seriously thought we didn’t consider him a family and was just doting on him because he’s the youngest?

 

I smiled and cupped his face, facing it towards mine.

 

“Listen Hyunsuk dear, have you ever watch stitch and lilo?”

 

He sniffed and nodded.

 

“Well then you must know what ohana means right?”

 

He gave a quick thought then replied back “Ohana means family”

 

“Exactly!”

 

“But I’m not-”

 

“Stitch’s not Lilo’s biological family either now is he? He’s not even the same species”

 

He nodded.

 

“But they’re family, do you know why?”

 

He gave me his precious wide eyes confused face. The one that made everyone drawn to him

Oh how precious this boy really is, and i don’t think he realizes how much everyone loves him.

 

“A family is when you care and love for someone, to the extent where you’d give yourself up to protect them. A family is that immense care someone have for one another that doesn’t need a reason they just know that that’s what they wanna do”

 

He pouted and looked down.

 

“I care for you all..”

 

“And so do we, we love you Hyunsukie, no matter if we share the same blood or not we will always have you as a part of our family..”

 

I looked up to Minho “And the same goes for your brother”

 

They both looked at me smiling and hugged me.

 

“Thanks, dad”

 

“No problem, that’s what families are for”

 

We all stepped out of the room and head downstairs to formally explain to everyone what was going on.

Hyukjae of course, being the doting mother that he is, only ran straight to Hyunsuk and hugged him

 

They had a brief moment where the world were theirs alone, if you didn’t know them you’d probably think they’re mother and son. But they are, even if they’re not biologically intertwined.

 

Family is family, and we all will continue to love each other as a family should

 

though, "family" isn't a reason for you to get out of troubles.

 

a few days later

 

"WHO BROKE MY EXPENSIVE VASE?!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hey guys tehe, sorry for the lae update. As usual, I have a reason. Though unlike my usual homework reason, my reasoning right now is not that great.

 

I found a new game and played it day and night and forgot to continue my updates.. I’m sorry TT

 

I’ll work on getting my schedules back to normal.