The Dance

The Lee Family

Hyukjae’s Haru,

The Dance

 

It was near the prom night, the kids are going crazy.

 Taemin and Minho are of course going together, while Hyunsuk’s begging Jeno so that he can go with him.

 

Donghae and I are also going to be attending as a chaperone. The kids wanted us to be chaperone’s cause we’re young parents, so they think we’ll let them slide more.. which is true but still..

 

“Minnie, are you done getting ready sweetie? Dad’s waiting for you in the car”

 

Taemin, being the fashionable king that he is (he got that from me of course) wanted to get his hair done by Heechullie Hyung. He’s not really licensed but his skill were quite impressive.

“Yes mom! Just wait a minute I can’t find my phone!” he said from his room.

 

“It’s down here honey, make sure you send me the suit you and Minho want so I can get them tailored”

 

“Yes mom!”

 

I continued sipping my tea, enjoying the little free time I hvae these days. I’ve been hosting so many tv shows nowadays it’s kind of tiring, I miss having this free time with my kids again.

 

Speaking of my kids, I noticed that Jeno didn’t come to me to get anything done what so ever.. usually he’d come with Taemin whenever he gets anything done.

 

I put down my tea and walked upstairs to Jeno’s room.

 

“Jeno honey, it’s mommy, can I come in?” I said whilst knocking on the door.

 

I didn’t hear any answers except for loud noises from inside that sounded like a tornado was happening

 

“Y-..yeah mom come in!”

 

I opened the door to find Jeno in a weirdly suspicious position.

 

 

“H.. hi mom what’s up?”

 

I slowly walked in, making sure there weren’t any y traps. The kids have set up some for Donghae once and I wasn’t about to repeat his mistakes.

 

“Shouldn’t I be the one asking you?”

 

He smiled awkwardly towards me, which made me even more.. suspicious.

 

“What are you talking about? I’m fine.. haha”

 

Code red, Jeno’s never fine. He’d always be in a moody state whether he was sad because he lost a game or extremely happy cause he just won one.

 

So whenever he says he’s fine, something is up.

 

I scanned the room to find something that smells fishy. His expression grew more alarmed as I got near his desk.

 

I looked over to the desk, cleaning up a bit because there was a mess there. Which is weird cause his desk was never messy, if anything, his desk was the only thing tidy in his room.

It’s always so coordinated, his gaming stuff set up neatly complete with his mic and webcam.

 

The fact that now, it was piled with stuff made me sure that he was hiding something.

 

“Y-you don’t have to mom, I can clean it myself later” he said, watching me clean his desk.. tensed.

 

“Oh no, it’s alright dear, I might as well do it while I’m here.. you know how bad my OCD is right?” I chuckled.

 

“Yeah but, I can do it myse- actually I’ll do it now” he jumped out of bed and rushed towards me.

 

“No it’s fine dear I got it”

 

“Mom, it’s okay I can do it”

 

“Just let me fini-”

 

I was right, under those stack of books and used clothes was a little treasure I find interesting.

 

 

“Na Jaemin from class 8-1 huh?” I chuckled at him. He scurried his to his bed, hiding himself under the blanket.

“Jeno~”

 

“Whaat?” he whined under the blanket.

 

“Were you trying to ask out this little friend of yours” I teased.

 

“He's not even my friend!” he pulled up his blanket, sitting on his bed with a pout on his face “He doesn’t even know I exist”

 

I sighed, smiling as I sat next to him on the bed.

 

“Then why don’t you introduce yourself to him?”

 

“It’s not that easy mom! He’ll think I’m a freak if I just came up to him and ask him out of the blue”

 

Ahh, motherhood is amazing. I get to see my adorable little kids whine like this, pouting with their fluffy plump cheeks.

 

I pinched his cheeks and cupped it immediately as he tried to pull back.

 

“Listen sweetie, you’re not gonna get a chance if you don’t do it!

 

He looked down, twiddling his fingers as if he’s contemplating on what to do.

 

I sighed seeing the all mighty Jeno be all shy and innocent when It comes to a guy he likes.

 

I kissed his forehead “You are handsome” I moved down towards his right cheeks and kissed it. “You are fun” moving to the left cheeks “You are amazing” and finally his nose, nuzzling mine on his “And you are so precious”

 

I hugged him, resting my cheeks on his head “If a guy can’t see that, then he’s not the one”

 

I faced his head towards mine again, caressing his cheeks with my thumb “But that doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t try”

 

He sighed, but then smiled.

 

“Besides, there’s no way he doesn’t know you. I hear girls and guys talk about you and your little group of friends everyday. My boys are indeed popular” I giggled.

 

“I guess we inherited that from you guys” he said, hugging my torso.

 

“Nope, just your daddy” I laughed, caressing his hair.

 

“Promise me you’ll try? If you don’t wanna do it personally just write him a letter”

 

He pulled back a bit, nodding before returning back into my embrace.

 

“Thanks mom, i can always count on you to make me feel better.. you’re the best mom ever” he said. I could feel him smiling on my chest, and it warms my heart. I really do love being a mom, it’s the most fulfilling job I ever done.

 

 

 

 

Prom night

 

It was finally time, we decided to call Yesung hyung to look after Hyunsuk since he was always willing when it comes to kids.

 

“Don’t spoil him too much Hyung”

 

“Oh will you relax? He’s in good hands. Just go and enjoy the prom” he chuckled, holding Hyunsuk in his arms.

 

“You look good by the way” he said, scanning me up and down.

“Thanks Hyung” I chuckled.

 

“Wait I wanna send a pic to the group, they’ll go nuts” he said, pulling out his phone.

 

I sighed knowing that I wasn’t gonna get out of this, so I just saved the trouble and posed like he said.

 

 

“Annnd sent!”

 

All of a sudden my phone buzzed non stop.

 

Chullie Hyung: Ahh~ I really did do a great job!

 

Ryeonggu: no way, did you make that hyung?

 

Evil: Woah, you made a monkey look like a prince. Bravo Hyung bravo!

 

I clicked my tongue, seeing what the youngest has to say about me,

 

Me:YAH! Watch what you’re saying you little

 

Evil: Kidding Hyung *laughing emoji*, you look great

 

Donggguridongdong: Woah, all hail the prince! 0.0

 

Teukkie Hyung: Marvelous, fake leeteuk ;)

 

Yesung: Stop making this about you Hyung -_-

 

“Yah! Why do you have me as Yesung?!”

 

“It’s a nickname Hyung, that means we’re close” I chuckled.

 

He grunted at me aggressively, sending me the “you big meanie” eyes.

 

“Okay sorry, what’d you even put me in you phone that makes you so wholsome?” I smirked at him. He grinned widely and showed me his phone.

 

My adorable Dongsaeng *heart eyes*

 

“Ew, delete me from your phone now you cyber predator!”

 

“Yah! What doo you mean Cyber predator you ungrateful jerk!” he yelled, hitting me with his slippers.

 

We chuckled and we joked, but it all stopped as our jaws dropped seeing the figure walking towards us.

 

 

“Minho,, Honey you look dashing”

 

“As do you Hyukjae-ss- I mean.. Mom..” he said, rbbing he neck sheepishly. He still wasn’t used to calling me mom, but it’s okay. He’ll become more comfortable as time goes by.

 

“Is Taemin ready?” he asked.

 

“Yes I am!”

 

We all looked up stairs to find Taemin looking down at us.

 

 

“So that’s where all my pins went” I chuckled shaking my head.

 

“Like it? I went for a more avant garde look” he chuckled, spinning as he showed off his outfit.

 

I saw how Minho only stared at him with his jaws dropped. He was indeed beautiful. My baby boy was all grown up.

 

I shed a tear, happy tears.. but also a little sad. They’re leaving me soon.. they’re gonna get married and have their own family. I’m not sure I’m prepared for that.

 

They all looked at me, worried. That’s when I realised that I diidn’t just shed a tear, I was shedding a water fall.. tears brimmed down my face like the rain.

 

"You're beautiful honey.."

 

“Mom..” he said, a frown on his face as he hugged me.

 

“I’m okay sweetie.. it’s just..” I wiped away my tears and pushed him back, gripping on his shoulders tight.

 

“You’re all grown up now..” I smiled. Well tried to at least.

 

They looked at each other and hugged me tight.

 

“No matter how old I am. I’m always going to be your son mom.. I wont ever leave you or forget you even when I’m old and wrinkly” he smiled, kissing my wet cheeks.

 

I pushed them back a bit and chuckled “You better remember to put on your cream so you wouldn’t get wrinkly, I mean look at me! 36 and still young and fresh!”

 

They all laughed, but I couldn’t help but tear up as I cried. It was a bit overwhelming for me.

 

Minho wiped away my tears and placed his hands on my pack, comforting me.

 

“We’ll live here once we get married, and we’ll take care of you and uh.. dad..” he said still shyly.

 

I smiled and hugged him tight.

 

“Thank you, son” I felt him smile on my shoulders. Everything about this family of mine is just beautiful. And I wouldn’t trade it for my life. I love them all.

 

“So, which car are you taking?” I asked them, trying my best to stop crying and acting all sappy.

 

“Well Minho and I were thinking of taking the Audi so that we could fit Jeno and his date as wel-”

 

“There's.. no need for that” I grinned.

 

“What? Is Jeno not coming? Did no one ask him?” he asked, frowning.

 

“Not exactly” I chuckled.

 

The three of them looked at each other, confused.

 

“Okay? Then we’re taking the bugatti then, bye mom!” they both waved before grabbing the keys on the key drawer and heading out.

 

Yesung shook his head at me.

 

“What?”

 

“An audi and a bugatti? Just how rich are you?”

 

“We’re not all that Hyung I promise, we just work hard to provide our kids the best they could have” I chuckled.

 

After a few minutes of chatting, another figure walked down the stairs, looking so hot that he could melt Antarctica.


“Ready babe?” He said, holding out his hands towards me.

 

I smiled taking his hands before turning around to Yesung Hyung.

 

“We’ll be going now, thanks Hyung, bye bye Hyunsuk-ah~ we’ll be back before you know it” I said, sending kisses towards Hyunsuk, he gladly gave me his too. I love these kids.

 

 

 

At the dance

 

Hae and I was chaperoning, and as chaperones we wanted to spice things up a bit. We decided to bring Mojito’s for the beverages. A non alcohol one of course, they were still minors. We just replaced the rum with soda and added mint and lime juice. Of course we also brought fruit punch and brownies for the younger kids.

 

The kids were having fun, we danced and I even got to bust some moves which made me feel pretty proud of myself because of all the claps and cheers I got.

 

“Well, looks like you still got it babe, even after all these years” he said, checking me out from top to bottom.

 

I chuckled.

 

As we joked, four handsome young man came our way. And leading the pack were the two light shining this dull party.


“Jeno, why did you come wearing that plain suit? Jaemin-ssi got all dolled up for you yo know” I teased.

 

The man I assume was the Na Jaemin from his desk blushed through his smile.

 

“Mom, Dad, this is Jaemin. My boyfriend” he smiled proudly, gesturing at the man behind him.

 

“It’s nice to meet you Mr and Mr. Lee” he said bowing to Donghae and I.

 

“Nice to meet you too, but please call us Mom and Dad from now on! We’re family after all!” i smiled.

 

He nodded shyly. Taemin and Minho were here too, we took a photo and chatted for a while.

 

Looking at our happy family, i cant help but be touched.

This is our little family, and It’ll continue to grow more and more. Soon, they’re gonna go to college, and Hyunsuk will go to highschool. Again, I’m not trying to be sappy but. I’m just not ready to let go yet.

 

I tried my best not to cry in front of the kids. But out of no where, Donghae pulled me back.

 

“We’re gonna go and get some fresh air for a bit kids” they all nodded and he dragged me out, all the way to the school’s back garden.

 

“What??” I whined, letting my hands free forcefully cause it was starting to hurt.

 

He didn’t say anything, instead he pulled me into his embrace.

 

My face plopped right into his chest and immediately snuggled there. Like a cat returning to it’s bed. The sweet aroma of vegan coconut body wash and the vegan cinnamon scented roll on lingered around him, it felt like home.

 

“What is it?” I chuckled.

 

“Nothing, I just wanted alone time with you” he said “After all, we couldn’t possibly do this in front of the kids now could we?”

 

I looked up to his face, his dark orbs staring straight into mine adoringly.

 

“Says the guy who likes to give me random kisses on family night”

 

We both giggled, as our nose touched. There was a moment of silence where we just stayed like that, staring into each other with passionate gazes, before finally ending it with an equally, if not more passionate kiss.

 

I wrapped my arms around his back, hiding my face on his chest yet again.

 

I heard him sigh.. then he giggled lightly.

“The kids are all growing up aren’t they?”

 

I kept quiet, only replying him with a sigh. Yeah they were growing up. And I’m supposed to be happy for them, I’m supposed to let them go and live their life.

 

But I cant.. I don’t want to. They’re my little babies.

All of their faces, Taemin, Minho, Jeno, Jaemin, and little Hyunsuk.. they all popped up in my memories. I started to remember all the way back when Taemin was born, and when he first got into kindergarten. When Jeno was born. When they met Minho, our family trips together. And now with Jaemin. All of it, I was happy. I didn’t want to end it all. I didn’t want them to disappear.

 

I started to cry, reminding myself that one day. I’ll have to let them go, and they’ll disappear one by one.

 

I felt Donghae caressing my hair as he kissed it.

 

I gripped on his back tighter, “Yeah.. they are growing up” I sobbed.

 

He pushed me back a bit before cupping my face.

 

“Baby look at me” he said, I did as I was told and looked at him in the eyes, still sobbing and sniffling.

 

He smiled and caressed my cheeks with his thumbs, “Even when the kids move out or get married, you’re always gonna be their precious mommy. I promise you that they wont forget you, not one bit. They’ll love you just as much, if not, more when they come and visit us” he said, he pecked my red nose and continued to caress my cheeks. “And no matter how many of our kids move out or get married. I’m always gonna be here, with you, loving you with all of my heart until death parts us”

 

I cried even harder and jumped on him, wrapping my arms and legs around his torso.

 

“You big baby” he chuckled.

He’s right. Even if they grow up and get married, even if they move to another planet. I’m always gonna be their mom, and we’ll love each other no matter how far distance parts us.

 

“Thanks Hae..” I smiled at him. He smiled back, pecking my lips.

 

“No problem honey”

 

We spent a few moments just smiling and looking into each others eyes before his grin turned creepy.

 

“You know..” he said, in an.. awfully weird tone. “If you want to keep having babies around in the house..”

 

Okay, I know where this is going..

 

“We can always make more” he said as his grin widen.

 

Before I could escape, he slammed me on to the wall and kissed me, my rational kept on saying,

 

NO NO NO THIS IS A PUBLIC PLACE WHERE LITTLE HIGH SCHOOL KIDS CAN SEE YOU. STOP IMMEDIATELY!

 

But on the other hand, the little succubus in me kept on saying,

 

it, they’re highschoolers. They know how this goes and just move on. Plus, Hae’s so hot right now so go get em!

 

In the end, my succubus wins and we ended up making out in the schools garden. Holy .

 

But I feel like I’m forgetting something…

 

Meanwhile..

 

“Taemin, where’s your mom and dad? It’s been hours and I don’t think Yesung-ssi would appreciate baby sitting till dawn”

 

“Should we go look for them? What if they’re lost?” he said, innocently.

 

Taemin and Jeno only looked at each other with blank eyes.

 

“Trust me, it’ll be worse if we actually find them.. let’s just stay here and wait for them to come back” he chuckled uncomfortably.

 

“If all goes well we might be expecting a new sibling when they’re back” he said, rolling his eyes.

 

Minho who got an idea what the situation is covered his gasp with his mouth, while Jaemin just blinked his eyes, not knowing what in the hell they were talking about.

 

Poor innocent Jaemin lol, he’s gonna be confused a lot in this family

 

 

 

TBC

 

Note:

 

Na Jaemin

Age: 13

Birthday: August 13th

Gender: Male

Second Gender: Omega

Occupation: Student

School: SM academy

Status: unmarried