we fight, and it's okay!

The Lee Family

dark mode is advised

 

Taemin’s HARU, we fight, and it's okay

Please remember that everything in this story is strictly a fanfic, keyword fic, as in fictional. None of it is real. This is only for the sake of the story’s plot. With that in mind, hope you enjoy it!.

 

It was I think.. five In the morning? I don’t know, nor do I care. Mom just woke me up and I could not tell you how tired I was. I just had an argument with Minho last night which caused me to CRY my ing eyes out the whole night.

 

Alpha’s are douches.

 

I know it’s only Minho’s fault, but I ended up feeling so bitter towards all alpha’s. including my family.

 

I saw Dad and Jeno walk down the stairs and walked towards us in the dining room.

 

“Morning sweetheart” he said, trying to give me a kiss on the forehead but I dodged it. Which, obviously made him surprised.

 

“Someone's having a badmood” he snorted.

 

“Shut up you” I glared at him, he only replied by sticking out his tongue.

 

“Now now kids, no fighting at the table”

 

Mom laid down a stack of pancakes on each of our plates, drizzled it with whip cream and strawberry. I grabbed a fork and chomped down my food, angrily.

 

“What’s wrong honey? Did you fight with Minho again?” he chuckled, sitting next to Dad who seemed a bit sad after what I did to him. I did feel bad but could care less. I’m not in the mood to comfort a childish old man.

 

But ofcourse Mom didn’t, he pinched Dad’s cheeks and gave him a quick peck, which made him instantly smile as he pulled him into a hug.

 

I rolled my eyes, “No”.

“Woah, what a ” he scoffed.

 

“Are you seriously trying to pick a fight with me right now you little ” I eyed him hard, but before it could get physical, mom stepped in.

 

“Languange you two! language! honestly! keep at it and i'll throw away your phones” he said, a bit loud.

 

“Dad’ll buy me a new one” he scoffed.

 

Mom glared at Dad and you could clearly see him whimper in fear like a puppy. “He's not. and if he does, i'll punish him”

 

“What? you’re too harsh on them! Are you expecting me to just let my kids cry in front of me and do nothing about it?! Honestly it’s YOUR fault! If you were a LITTLE BIT kinder to them they wouldn't want to rebel like this!” he yelled back, a bit stuttering cause I know he’s scared. Right now, you’re seeing a man who’s gonna sleep on the couch tonight.

 

“It’s called TEACHING THEM HOW TO BEHAVE PROPERLY YOU DIMWIT! If you give them treats even when they make a mistake they’ll never learn!”

 

Mom was right, he was strict, but he was rationally strict. Jeno was just being a brat because Dad always let us get away with anything.

 

“Maybe you’re just saying that cause you were jealous! They like me better than you!”

 

“Are you saying I’m taking out my angers on them?! because I was jealous?!”

 

“Yeah Mom! You would always get mad at us and dad when he buys us stuff you destroyed. Don’t you think you’ve gone too far?” he scoffed.

 

“Jeno, you.. I can’t believe you two” tears were forming in his face.

And that ing stupid Dad of mine just stared at the wall, obviously trying to avoid looking at him or else he’ll feel guilty.

 

While Jeno just continued to scoop his pancakes like nothing happened.

 

I never wanted to slap the out of my baby brother SO BAD. But I knew better, that’ll only heat up the situation.

 

“You guys are so childish” I chuckled.

 

“What did we do?” he scoffed.

 

“I swear if you weren’t my ing brother I’d kill you on the spot you ignorant baboon” I glared at him, jogging to mom’s side and patting his back.

 

“That’s no way to speak to your brother young man”

 

“And that’s no way to speak to your wife you idiot”

 

He took a moment to look over at Hyuk, but then looked away.

 

I couldn’t believe the level of ignorance in these two.

 

“Are you two ing kidding me right now?!”

 

“Language Tae-”

 

“NO! ” I said, cutting him off “You both are so self centered I swear. You alpha’s are all the same, you take us omega’s for granted. Mom was strict because he cared, with your way of letting us off with whatever trouble we got us in without any form of discipline, we would’ve been a thug by now dad! He cared for us and he wants us to have a good and fulfilling life. He took care of the house, clean and cooked even though he also works. And THIS is how you guys repay him?!” he looked down, the guilty started to form on his expression.

 

Jeno didn’t have his bratty attitude on him anymore, he just played with his food trying not to look guilty. But I wasn’t gonna spare him.

 

“And you you little , is that how you talk to your mother?! the one who gave birth to you?!” I screamed at him, he flinched.

 

“W-.. well he was being mean and I-”

 

“MEAN?! WHICH IS MEAN? TELLING YOUR SON TO BEHAVE SO HE WOULDN’T BECOME A PIECE OF WHEN HE GROWS UP OR YELLING AT YOUR OWN MOTHER TO THE POINT WHERE HE CRIES, AND FEELING NOTHING ABOUT IT. WHICH IS ING WORSE JENO?!”

 

He looked down, unable to answer.

 

“You think he’s mean just because he disciplined you and dad spoiled you?! who the changed your diapers and took care of you all your life even when he was tired? Who put up with your constant tantrums? Who took care of you all day all night when you went to the hospital when you broke your arms? Who kept ing smiling and loving the out of your ungrateful even when you shut yourself from him because according to your friends he was weird because he’s a male omega?! who Jeno?! Who?!”

 

He started crying, but I wasn’t giving in at all.

 

“Oh stop playing the victim you brat, instead of ing wallowing like little childrens why don’t you both apologize to mom?!”

 

They both stood up, head still down. Mom was still crying in my arms, he was clutching on to my chest sobbing. It hurts to see him like this. Mom was everything to me.

 

I was bullied as a kid, because I was an omega male. Everyone wanted to me, and one day they did. I was by 7 of my classmates and 4 seniors, merciless. My was torn to pieces, I had blood all over me, but before any of them could impregnate me, mom came. He was waiting for me by the gate but I never came out, so he looked for me. He fought 11 people who were also trying to bang him by himself. Even when he was left with bruises and scratches, he still came to me. That moment made me realize, how strong my Mom is, my hero, my role model. He helped me overcome my fears and trauma, helped me get used to my new school and he would hug me and tell me that everything’s alright whenever I had a mental breakdown. He was my everything, I wasn’t going to let them disrespect him like that and get away with it.

 

“You’re right.. Hyuk I..” the moment his hand touched Mom, he was pushed away. Mom ran upstairs to their room and locked the door. While dad was chasing after him.

 

All alpha’s are the same. They think they’re better than everyone. They think that they’re always right and everyone else should just bow down and kiss their feet.

 

I looked upstairs, Dad was banging on their bedroom door.

 

“Hyukjae! Please open the door, I’m sorry..”

 

“NO YOU IDIOT! JUST GO AWAY!”

 

I chuckled, satisfied seeing dad’s obvious state of confusion and guiltiness. I looked back at Jeno, glaring at him before walking away myself.

 

“A.. aren’t you going t.. to sc.. scho-”

 

“No” I scoffed, not even bothering to stop and turn around.

 

I walked upstairs seeing dad slumping his shoulders,

 

“I have to go to work Hyuk.. as soon as I get back let’s talk.. I love you”

 

There wasn’t any answer, he sighed and walked towards the stairs to which he met me.

 

“Taemin I-..”

 

“Save it Juliet”

 

“Isn’t it supposed to be Romeo?”

 

“Yeah but, Romeo has balls doesn’t he? While you just out when it comes to being an actual grown up” I smirked before walking pass him, not forgetting to bump his shoulder hard.

I know I’m being harsh here, but to be honest, I don’t want a dad who’s gonna treat Mom like that.

 

I knocked on mom’s door.

 

“Mom.. it’s Taemin, can I come in?”

 

Shortly after that, I heard the door unlock and soon it opened, revealing my beautiful mother, with red eyes and tears still dropping from his face like a water fall. I stepped in the room, not forgetting to give Dad a stank eye.

 

i shut the door behind me before walking to the bed to sit next to him.

 

“Mom.. are you okay?” I asked him, my hands on his back comforting him.

 

“Yes honey, I’m fine.. I just need some times to cool off and then your dad and I are gonna talk this through, okay?” he smiled, wiping off his tears.

 

I was a bit baffled, I took his hands and hold them tight.

 

“No, you don’t have to mom.. he was so mean to you”

 

He let out a breath before slipping on of his hand away and my hair.

 

“He is a , but so am I sometimes.. we make mistakes and we hurt each other Minnie, but that’s okay..”

 

“What do you mean it’s okay?! if you’re hurt then leave him!” he chuckled and patted my hair.

 

“You truly are naive Minnie,” he sighed “Fights are normal in a couples life. We have different opinions and that’s okay. It will hurt, but none of it is intentional. A person can be ignorant if they don’t know stuff, and as the partner, we have to teach them..”

 

“B.. but-”

 

“I’ve made mistakes too, I’ve made your dad cry and get angry. But he always forgave me, cause he loves me. And I do too..” he smiled

 

Once again, my mom is the strongest person I know. He’s my role hero. I love him to death.

 

Once again, he cleared my view and made me feel a lot better about myself.

I looked down to see my phone, 167 missed calls and 456 unread messages from.. mine<3

 

I didn’t realize mom was also looking at it,

 

“So you did fight with Minho?” he chuckled.

 

I turned back my phone, a little embarrassed.

 

“Why did you guys fight?”

 

I sighed and twiddled my fingers.

 

“He got jealous..” his face grew more curious as he slid closer to me “I was talking with key.. he’s my best friend so it’s obvious that we’d be close.. but there wasn’t anything to it.. we were just friends.. and he has a boyfriend already, so do I.. but when I went to meet him by the gates so we could go home together, he just accused me of cheating and got mad even when I tried to explain”

 

Mom smiled and took my phone from me. He caressed the back of it and looked at me.

 

“You know, a man only gets jealous when he feels insecure..”

 

“No way he’s insecure, he’s always so proud of himself and obnoxious” I chuckled.

 

“That’s what he wants you to think..”

 

I looked over to Mom, a little confused

 

“Huh?”

 

He sighed and opened my phone, scrolling through his messages.

 

Taemin? Minnie I’m sorry

 

Minnie I was wrong I’m sorry I love you so much

 

I didn’t mean to accuse you like that, I know you love me.. and I love you too.. I love you so much.. more than you know..

 

It’s just, seeing him with you.. you look happier and I was so scared that I would lose you to him

 

I just asked my friends, turns out he’s Onew’s boyfriend isn’t he?… I’m sorry baby.. can we talk? Please?

 

I tried not to cry seeing his texts.. even if it’s only been a day, I miss him.

 

He always gets jealous, even when I’m not doing anything wrong. He gets verbally abusive when he does, and I had enough. I was tired.

 

But parts of me wanted to stay a little longer.. I love him, and he loves me. He never hit me or cursed at me even when he was angry.. and he’d apologize in the sweetest way. And when we weren’t fighting, he’d be the cutest person alive. He’d buy me food and flowers and gifts out of the blue, he’d write me songs and sing them to me.. and he’d always be there when I was sad or angry. I love him.

“Give him a chance to explain min, he loves you..” he said, patting my back slowly.

 

I huffed and nodded.

 

I looked back at him, I started crying. Mom was hurting, he was sad and tired. But he still made time for me, he still comforted me when I’m sad and confused. Hiding his own sadness behind that gentle gummy smile.

 

From what I know, dad used to be violent and abusive.. now, he’s gentle, caring.. I get why. That smile that mom has.. it can make anyone revive into a brand new person. It’s like a wake up call, I love him so much.

 

I hugged him and burried my head on his shoulder.

 

“Mom, I love you so much” I cried.

 

He huffed and hugged me back.

 

“I love you too, WE love you minnie.. please don’t be angry at your dad because of me.. he truly didn’t mean it.. your dad and your brother just didn’t know.. but now they do” he smiled, my cheeks as I looked up to him.

 

I pouted, but then nodded. everyone deserves a second chance.

 

“Now, go to school you little rascal”

 

“But momm, it’s already late, can’t I just stay home?” I whined.

 

“No! i’ll tell your teacher that you had a headache so you had to come late, now go wash you face.. you look like a mess” he chuckled.

 

 

At school

 

I walked down the corridor with Key and Onew, we were heading to the canteen when..

 

“Taemin..” I looked back to who’s calling me, and my heart instantly skipped a beat.

 

Minho

 

I know I said I’d give him a chance to explain, but I also know that I’ll just cry on him hugging him and kissing him if he gets closer. Key and Onew left me already, gee, thanks guys.

 

I froze, I didn’t know what to do. I kept my face expressionless even though inside, I’m having a major panic attack.

 

He walked closer to me, I took the time to observe his face.

 

His undereyes were dark, his face was pale and his body looked weak. I wanted to hug him so bad, but nope.. keep your cool Taemin.. you can’t lose to him.

 

Once we were a few inches apart, he grabbed my hands. I flinched a little, feeling his cold hands on mine.

 

I wanted to cry so bad, he used to have warm loving hands, how did those turn into these cold trembling hands in a day?

 

“Taemin.. I’m sorry.. I-”

 

Before he could finish, I couldn’t even get myself together anymore. I crashed myself on him, wallowing in his chest. He fell back due to the impact.

 

“You stupid frog! What the hell happened to you?” I cried.

 

I didn’t her any response, I only saw him covering his face with one of his hands, while the other wrapped itself on my waist.

 

“Minho? Baby?”

 

“don’t call me that..” he whimpered. My heart froze.

 

“Wh- what?”

 

I cried even more, cluthing on to his chest even tighter. Does he want to break up? What’d I do? Is it because of yesterday? Is it because I didn’t forgive him?

 

“Minho do-”

 

“Don’t call me baby, I don’t deserve you” he said, “I’m sorry Taemin.. it’s just.. I wasn’t in the right mind, and I was angry, frustrated.. seeing you all happy with someone else just made me angrier. And I know there’s nothing between you guys. I know. But .. I just, I felt as though I lost you too, and that .. and I just lashed my anger out on you when I shouldn’t.. I’m sorry Taemin I’m such a .. I get it if you wanna break up with me.. I don’t deserve you.. you’re too good for me.. but I also hope you wouldn’t.. I love you”

His voice cracked, but I heard small sniffles.

 

Slowly, I removed his hand from his face, to see Minho, my cheerful, childish, happy go lucky boyfriend, in tears.

 

I cupped his face and kissed him.

 

“Minho, don’t say that. I love you so much, and you are good enough. Fights are normal in every relationship.. but we can work it out.. our love is stronger. I already forgave you, so please.. don’t say that anymore.. I love you”

 

He looked at me, straight in my eyes. His eyes are different than it used to be. He had lonely eyes. Like he wanted to be cradled and loved.

 

We kissed, passionately. Driving each other nuts with our tongue movements.

 

Eventually, we parted. Because the need for air was ust too unbearable.

I dropped my head on his chest.

 

“What happened?” I asked him.

 

He wrapped his arms around me and hugged me tight.

 

“My parent’s are getting a divorce” I looked up to him, alarmed. He chuckled seeing my expression, and pecked my lips. “Yeah, surprising isn’t it? Turns out my mom had been cheating on dad with a wealthy conglomerate” he sighed.

 

“I never liked my mom, she was always so shady and mean. But my dad did, he loved her to death. I’m happy they’re splitting up, cause dad could do so much better.. but I hate the fact that my dad isn’t the same anymore. He’s been diagnosed with depression.. he keeps on saying he wanted to kill himself.. I hated it. I hate the person whom he’s become” he cried.

 

My heart broke, I didn’t know what to do except hug him and tell him that I was there. I can’t tell him that it’s gonna get better, cause I also don’t know. But I know why he was angry. He remembered about his mom when he saw me with Key. He was scared and sensitive at the time. He hated his mom for what she did to his dad.

 

I never felt so thankful to have a family like mine.

 

Suddenly, a bright light came walking our way. Dad and Mom, also Jeno. They were all holding bags and bags of shopping bags. “Taemin! Minho! We came to get you! We also got you some stuff!”

 

I smiled cheerfully, they’ve made up. Thank goodness.

 

Then, dad and Jeno walked pass mom and straight to me.

 

They both kneeled down.

 

“We’re so sorry Taemin.. you were right, we were dickheads” he pleaded.

 

Jeno nodded his head and looked up to me. He pulled out a few bags from the ones he was carrying.

 

“This is for you and Minho Hyung” he said, shyly.

 

Minho and I looked at each other confused. We opened the bags to see some couple clothings and couple shoes, also a card that said: I’m sorry for being a brat, I lobe you Minnie Hyung. And I hope you and Minho Hyung get married one day.

 

I blushed, while Minho just laughed his off.

 

“We will once I save up enough money for a ring” he smiled, ruffling Jeno’s hair.

 

I know he’s smiling, but behind it, I see the look of envy in his eyes.

 

“You’re family is so warm Minnie” he sighed.

 

I patted his back, comforting him.

 

“Come on guys, Minho, you’re gonna be staying with us for a while”

 

We were surprised at his sudden announcement.

 

“No, it’s okay Mr.Lee, I should be going home now” he bowed.

 

“Nonsense, you’re gonna ruin your dad’s treatment!”

 

Okay, now we were more than surprised.

 

“W-what?” he asked, a bit stuttering.

 

Mom smiled and stepped aside, revealing a young boy hiding behind his slim legs.

 

It was Minho’s ten year old baby brother, Hyunsuk.

 

“Hyunnie? What are you doing there?” he spread his arms wide and the little Hyunsuk instantly came running at him.

 

“He came to our house suddenly and told us about you.. family situation” he said, Minho had his eyes wide, looking back from his brother and Mom.

 

“He was worried about you and your dad, so he came to us for help” he said, getting up to stand beside his wife, wrappingg his hand around his waist.

 

“Rest assured, your dad is in good hands. He’s currently in therapy in his house, that’s why I need you guys to give him some space to heal. In the mean time, we have his permission to ake care of you guys” he smiled.

 

Minho’s eyes teared up once again, running up to mom and dad and instantly hugging them, followed by Hyunsuk ofcourse. Who is also thankful for what Mom and Dad did for him and his family.

 

“Thank you, thank you thank you. I can’t describe how happy I am right now. If there’s anything that I can do to repay you both please just tell me” he cried.

 

Mom and Dad looked at each other and pushed him back a bit, dad placed both of his hands on Minho’s shoulders, while Mom picked Hyunsuk up.

 

“We’re a family Minho, call us Mom and Dad, as long as you take care of our Minnie well, we’re gonna take care of you too. I mean you are my son in law” he chuckled, Minho and I blushed hard.

 

“Mom!” I screamed, covering my face with my hands.

 

“Alright I’ll stop teasing you, now let’s go home”

We all walked back to the car, smiling. I’m happy for Minho, I’m happy for all of us. But most importantly, I’m happy to have such a loving family, who’s willing to help Minho.

 

I love them, Mom, Dad, Jeno, Minho, little Hyunsuk.. and soon.. hopefully Minho’s dad too.. I hope our family can live together happily.

 

 

 

TBC

 

Side note:

 

Choi Minho

Age: 18

Birthday: December 9th

Gender: Male

Second gender: Alpha

Occupation: Student

School: SM Academy

Status: unmarried

 

Choi Hyunsuk

Age: 10

Birthday: April 21st 

Gender: Male

Second gender: unidentified

Occupation: Student

School: SM Junior Academy

Status: unmarried