Chapter 2: Start of something new

Let's Not Fall in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Being a manager for any idol group is not easy, I learned it the hard way. Ten years back, I was a fresh graduate from Seoul University from a degree of mass communication. Being involved in idol world has always been my number one wish, oh to meet idols on a daily basis, I imagined. Would definitely be the death of me. That’s why when I got accepted by YG Entertainment (not to brag, but I have always been a miss smarty-pants among my batch) was my literal dreams.

 

I remembered how I was so excited, I posted it everywhere, SNS, Instagram, Twitter any sort of social media platform. Little did I know, being a manager was way tougher that what I had anticipated, and of course often times you would meet other idol groups, actors, famous gagmen, but trust me, there was not enough time to even greet them. Behind the curtains, behind the scenes, was always chaos.

 

People running here and there, changing their costumes, perfecting their make-up, fetching them bottles of water, the list could go on and on.

 

Yonghwa oppa, my partner in managing BigBang, was really helpful to me when I first started managing them. I could still remember the first time I was introduced to BigBang. It was Thursday morning in their practice room in YG building.

 

“H-hello, I’m Cho Aera. I will be your manager for now, please take good care of me,” I bowed in front of five boys lined up in a straight line. As far as I know, I was the youngest among them, I was born in the same year as Seungri. I googled.

 

“Hi,” Daesung greeted me cheerfully. “Where are you from?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter