all the stars are gone, they're in your eyes.

a frog and a cub

it's cold. it still feels winter, but the fact that it's nearing the summer season minjoo thought of nothing but to take advantage.


that's why minjoo's out in the cold street of their neighborhood, just wandering around at 12 midnight. as if the early morning classes doesn't exist.


there's a vibration from her hoodie pocket, signalling that someone's calling.


"hey."


"hey, chae!" she pauses, knitting her brows. "you're still awake, huh?"


it's like this every night, chaewon calling minjoo and just them talking about nonsense of things. it's comforting, like a night sky without the stars but it doesn't matter because it is a peaceful sight, and it never fails to bring some sort of euphoria in your entire being.


that's what chaewon is to minjoo.


"hmm, can't sleep, joo."


"do you want me to come over?" minjoo still asks, although already knowing the answer.


" ...yes, please,"


chaewon's voice is muffled, she's probably already in her bed, ready to sleep -- her mind just not letting her.


"sure thing, chae." there's a smile in minjoo's voice, "be there in 5."



---



"bad day?" minjoo started after a long silence.


when she came in, thank heavens for duplicate keys, minjoo saw chaewon just lying on her bed -- as if she has no plans of ever standing up.


it's times like these that minjoo questions herself, "are you being a good companion?" because honestly, minjoo just want what's best for her chaewon. and it doesn't feel like she's doing it right.


"i don't know... it's one of those days, i think." chaewon scoots closer to minjoo, head resting on the crook of minjoo's neck comfortably. "i'm sorry," minjoo's brows met after hearing that, albeit almost inaudible. "i just want you here, by my side. it's reassuring."


minjoo looks down to see chaewon's soft features, a small smile and said, "you don't need to feel sorry. i'm always here for you, chae." planting a light kiss on chaewon's forehead, minjoo continued, "if needed, i'd reassure you i'll never leave your side until you lost count. because you know what, chae?" minjoo kisses the tip of chaewon's nose, "you're worth it."


chaewon says nothing after that, opting to just stare at minjoo -- as if etching minjoo's facial features in her head.


a few seconds past, and chaewon, her voice softer than ever, responded, "i love you."


minjoo swore she felt her heart clenched after hearing those words, and seeing just how vulnerable chaewon is right now, she wanted nothing but just all the good things in life for her.

minjoo hugged chaewon tight, "i love you, too, chae. always."