call a girlfriend

a frog and a cub

lowercase intended.

---

“I don’t want to!”

minjoo pressed her lips together into a thin line, taking in a deep breath. calm down, minjoo. calm down.

minjoo’s parents has been busy with work the past few days and the supposed babysitter had an emergency. thus, leaving minjoo alone with her sister – who clearly needs some showering after playing at the park for hours.

“come on, yujin-ah. you need to shower! you don’t want wonnie to not play with you for being smelly, do you?” minjoo isn’t really sure about that, the kid’s always with yujin no matter the situation. she’s just running out of ideas to get her sister to shower and eventually get her to sleep.

“no!” little yujin refused another time, eyebrows knitting together with a frown, pouting angrily. “wonnie promised we’ll always play together! hmp!” she’s sitting on the sofa while crossing her arms.

now, if minjoo was a normal big sister, she would be gushing over her younger sister being all cute – don’t get her wrong, she loves her younger sister to bits, just that she’s really not one to be fond of kids. let alone babysit them.

minjoo sat on the kitchen stool, watching over her sister from the living area, who was now eating snacks, happily dancing from watching something in the television. minjoo breathes out a quiet sigh as she thinks of a way to convince her sister to shower.

minjoo contemplates whether to ask help from her friends, but then she realized it’s of no use. they will just for that. another sigh. and then her phone chimes, signaling a message.

cub unnie

hey, min! how’s it going?~

after reading her message, an idea suddenly popped out of her mind. instead of replying, minjoo pressed the call button.

“min?”

“chae… “

“hm? something wrong?”

“…uhm, come over?”

-

chaewon arrived minutes after. she’s now with yujin on the bathroom, clearly, she has her way with kids. can’t blame them, though. it would’ve been nice to join them, but yujin kicked minjoo out, favoring chaewon over her own sister. saying she’s with her favorite unnie now. again, you can’t be mad at that. chaewon is minjoo’s favorite unnie, too.

so, minjoo settled herself laying down on the couch, having a staring contest with the ceiling while waiting for them to finish.

hearing giggles and an opening and closing bathroom door, she sat up. “jjae unnie, are you gonna sleep here? joo unnie isn’t reading yujinnie a story to bed!” minjoo’s eyes widen. her sister just straight up exposed her!

minjoo feels chaewon’s glare at her rather than seeing it as she can’t look anything but her, feeling guilty as hell.

look, in minjoo’s defense, she was busy reviewing for finals! and so she said just that and got immediately called out by chaewon.

“min, finals were last week.” she said, walking towards the stairs to yujin’s bedroom – with yujin in her arms, clinging like a koala.

dejected, minjoo went towards the kitchen to prepare some dinner for her and chaewon instead.

-

“you at babysitting.”

“that, i am aware of, thank you very little.”

chae chuckles, scooting even closer to minjoo.

chaewon successfully bathed and put yujin to sleep, now they’re at minjoo’s rooms watching some series.

“sometimes i wonder if you’re yujin’s real sister and i’m just adopted,” minjoo recalls the time when she said the same thing to her parents, to which they agreed. she pouts unknowingly.

“because i’m lovable, that’s why.” minjoo almost scoffed at that.

“well, you’re not wrong.” she whispers, though chaewon still heard. “hm, no wonder i’m dating you.” minjoo added, grinning widely.

“i’m actually reconsidering that.” minjoo froze. “imagine dating an idiot who loves frogs,” she looked at her girlfriend with widened eyes, bewildered.

“hey! frogs are cute!”

“whatever helps you sleep at night, min.” she says a big teasing grin on her lips.

“jjae unnie! joo unnie!” both of them got off the bed as soon as they hear yujin’s cries.

chaewon immediately went to yujin’s side while minjoo just stood beside the bed, not knowing what to do.

“why is our yujinnie crying, hm?” yujin clinged onto her tightly.

“monster.. mom, dad, unnie.. “ yujin says in between sobs. they suppose she had a nightmare. minjoo finally decides to sit beside them, caressing her sisters head. little yujin then went to her sister, her tiny arms snaking around minjoo’s waist. minjoo looked at her girlfriend with a confused look, chae nodded at her with a small smile. minjoo leaned her back at the headboard, gently patting her sisters back as she’s still crying a little. her crying died down after a while, getting back into a hopefully peaceful slumber.

minjoo looked down her sister, putting strands of hair off her sister’s soft looking face – she didn’t notice it, but she has a fond smile on her lips.

she looked beside her and saw chaewon already sleeping too, her head resting on minjoo’s shoulder. carefully reaching for the blanket, she puts it over them. she rests her head on chaewon’s, slowly drifting off to dreamland.

---

uni’s stressing me out so here ya go! : D