change

a frog and a cub

lowercase intended.

---

if you were to be asked what it was like to have someone you could say you genuinely care about aside from your family a year ago, you wouldn't have known the answer.

a year ago, you can never picture yourself as a person that's so.. interested in serious relationships. you always thought that it is a waste of time. love doesn't necessarily mean getting into a committed relationship, for you, love is what you always do--drinking coffee, for one.

no, but really, all you ever think about was to survive every second of every day.

so, what changed?

"how deep do you plan on digging?"

oh, right.

you have her.

you chuckle lightly, "sorry, my mind gets busy when i think of you."

"why think of me when i'm literally here?" she says as she huffed.

you can't really see her face right now as she has her back on you, sitting on your lap--but you know she has that cute little pout that can easily melt all of your being.

you pulled away from the embrace to have her face you. you cupped her cheeks.

she's still pouting.

oh, how cute.

"you cute little thing.. " you muttered before planting a kiss on her forehead.

you hugged her tight.

"what were you thinking about?"

"hm.. nothing."

you both just stayed like that for a while, feeling each other's warmth.

"chae."

"hm?"

"i love you."

she pulled back to look at you, smiling fondly.

"i love you too, min." she rests her forehead on yours.

you leaned in, landing your lips on her soft ones.

you never really realized it until now, but being with her changed so much of you in all of good ways. you supposed love does change people's perspective, but now you could and will always say that kim chaewon is the best definition of love for you.

she will always be.

(you still love drinking coffee. although you get to have two iced americanos whenever chae thinks she can finally drink one.)

it's nice.

life's nice with her.