how to handle a stressed cub

a frog and a cub

lowercase intended.

---

you're at a point in life where you question your existence.

actually, scratch that.

studying and its ability to go make you lose your mind every second.

you should be on your bed right now, sleeping. instead you're not because you have a paper due in a few hours. no, you're not slacking off, it's just that there's too many things needed to get to work to and a minor subject just isn't your top priority as of the moment.

you're so stressed you didn't even notice your phone buzzing. you picked it up.

8 missed calls?

you look at the time.

10:29 pm

you frown. so, you've been working on your paper for almost three hours now..

anyway.

you're about to check on your phone again when it suddenly vibrates.

it was minjoo.

"ice cream?" she said before you could even talk.

"eh?" you frown as you chuckle slightly, "what do you mean ice cream?" you added.

just then, you heard a knock. but not on your door.

it was from your balcony and-

minjoo's there, with tub of ice cream.

so that's what she meant.

you grinned as you end the call and went to open the balcony door for her.

"ice cream?" she said, smiling widely, her dimples showing.

what a dork.

---

"i have a confession."

you had just finished submitting your paper and now you're finally on your bed, ready to sleep.

(you're actually laying on top of minjoo, snuggled against her chest.)

"what, you love me? i love me, too." you hear her giggle.

you scoff. the audacity.

it's true, though.

"not that, silly." you said, pouting slightly. "i love snuggling into you like this," you started. "hearing your heartbeat makes me feel at ease. makes me calm, i just want to stay like this forever." you added in a whisper, but enough for minjoo to hear.

"hm." you felt a kiss on your head, "can i make a confession too?"

you chuckle as you nod.

"i miss your long hair."

you shot up to look at her, "what? really, min?"

"yeah," she said, wearing her signature dumb smile. "i mean, your short hair looks good on you. i just miss it when it slaps my face when it gets a bit windy." she laughs.

"seriously... " you stare at her blankly before going back to lay on her.

"no, but really, i miss your long hair."

"i don't know, i love my short hair."

"unfortunately for me, then." she sighs, but you know she's just faking it.

it's complete silence after that, drowsiness slowly seeping in. as you slowly close your eyes, you realized.

you never want to be away from her--she completes you. in ways you could never forget, in all of the times you feel like drowning. she's always there for you, and you want to do the same. because you care for her, so much.

"min, stay with me." you said, half asleep, barely audible.

she hugs you tight.

"always, chae."

you hear her say before completely drifting off to dreamland.

---

hey, you!

you matter. : )