CHAPTER VI

Revenge Of The Fallen

The next morning, Siyeon slept in. It was 9am and she was still asleep. First day of work, it was tiring. She wasn’t used to doing this kind of work. She woke up only after hearing someone knock on the door.
,,Who the hell is not letting me…“ Siyeon yelled as she was approaching the door, still half asleep. ,,..Sleep.” she whispered the second the door opened.

It was Bora.

Siyeon froze, hoping the small one didn’t hear her scream at her.

,,I’m sorry if I woke you up.” Bora looked at Siyeon, having the whole galaxy in her eyes. She liked her. And maybe not only as her worker. ,,I just thought we could have breakfast together again?” she finished the sentence with a lovely voice.

Siyeon could tell that Bora liked her. Ever since becoming closer to her, she was acting all nice, and differently compared to her other helpers.

,,Yeah, sure.” Siyeon said, taking a few steps back. “I..will just get dressed.” Bora’s wish caught Siyeon off guard. She didn’t expect it.

After a while, Bora could hear footsteps behind her. She turned around, smiling at Siyeon. ,,you were quick.”
Siyeon put a fake smile in her face. She didn’t really know how to feel about Bora’s feelings towards her.
She felt confused.

As the two girls walked to the dining room, Bora kept looking at the taller girl. But the other one tried to avoid eye contact. She knew she could fall for her easily and she didn’t want to.

The huge breakfast was already prepared when they entered the room and the moment they slid into their chairs they were served enormous platters of food, as every morning.

,,I have been thinking.” Bora started speaking before she took a sip of her tea. ,,what if we go outside today together?”

Siyeon choked on her bread.

,,I don’t know if I told you but you left an impression on me and I thought you would appreciate going out to have some fun, outside if this place. As a gift from me.”

Was it really a gift for the fallen? Or Bora, because she wants to spend more time with her.

Siyeon was kind of suffering inside. She realised she could get closer to her enemy, to have a better chance at getting to know her and plan her revenge more carefully and better. But at what cost? Spending time with someone she hates from the bottom of her heart?

It was a struggle for her to decide.

Bora kept watching the fallen, waiting for her to answer. Hopefully with a yes. Siyeon inconspicuously filled with food to buy herself more time so she wouldn’t have to reply right away.
,,shouldn’t I spend my time working here?” she asked carefully, hoping she could get out of this quickly.

Bora laughed.

“I appreciate how hardworking you are, but take a day off now.”

Siyeon hated this sentence since the moment Bora said the but. There was no going back now.

“Meet me in the hall.” Bora said as she got up, since she’d finished her breakfast sooner.

The fallen was ready to punch the table. She was mad. Insanely, but managed to control her emotions as she started cursing in her head.

…….

Siyeon entered the hall where Bora was standing, waiting for her, with a flower in her hand.

“You remember this one?” Bora asked Siyeon. Was this an exam?

“Red Camellia, right?”

“Exactly.” She answered, giving the flower to Siyeon.

And she got the hint. The flower was the symbol of love and desire for someone.

Was she using her flowers as hints so she doesn’t have to express her feelings? So many thoughts went through Siyeon’s mind. This was the second flower she’s gotten from her.

“After you.” Bora smiled at Siyeon who was slightly annoyed and disgusted deep down. She hated feelings.

Was this like a date? Siyeon wondered silently. Maybe for the small one.

Bora’s focus was scattered, so filled with nervous anticipation. She was so excited, but didn’t want to mess up. She wasn’t even sure if this could end up deeper. She wanted to get to know the new girl better. She literally met Siyeon few days ago. Maybe it was a way too risky and bold move.

“I know a great place where we could sit for a while.” She said, a bit nervously.

Siyeon didn’t answer and just followed the other girl.

They walked through the town of Eden. The town was a maze of narrow winding streets, as complex as the heart. The streets were the veins, paved with dark red stones, and the people were the blood. The sound of the smiths, beating swords and plates into shape, was the consistent and dull pounding that let you know the town was alive.

After weaving through the labyrinth of roads in silence, the paths eventually converged and unveiled the amazing nature. Flocks of pigeons gathered everywhere. The amount of delighted foreigners as they huddled around the birds, and either fed them crumbs of bread, painted, or took photographs of them. Bora was suddenly nervous to speak to Siyeon. Suddenly the girl was so intimidating.
“In this forest I am with my tribe of wood and leaf, among the giants who's roots hug the earth. It is a place of ancient souls, of the creatures who dwell with the sweet sounds of moving water and bird songs.” Bora felt like in heaven.

If she felt sad and needed an escape that her garden couldn’t give her, she would always come here.
It was an useful information for Siyeon. Maybe this could be the moment she could get rid of her for good.

But did she have the heart to do so?

She was trained to be cold blooded, to be a warrior and killer. But seeing how Bora enjoyed this, she couldn’t kill her. Why? The answer was easy. Deep down, she liked Bora back but she didn’t want to have feelings towards her, knowing she has to kill her. And doing so while having feelings, would hurt Siyeon too.

Birdsongs came in lulls and bursts, the silence and the singing working together as well as any improvised melody.

Bora was wandering through the forest of her dreams, only hearing her feet tread, hearing the cracking twigs and leaves under her feet. A smell of timidness hovered in the air. It was relaxing even for the fallen.

She took off her shoes, Siyeon looking at her, quite confused.

“Oh, I never wear shoes in the forest. I need the feel of the earth between my toes. The ground of these forests, formed from the remains of trees falling. I have to touch the rough bark and break leaves in my hands to smell them.”

Siyeon tried to act it out coolly, she didn’t really understand why Bora was so amazed by the nature. It was like she had never seen the outside of the town in her life.
And as for Siyeon, she was bored. But it was beneficial for her to be there so she hated it a bit less.

“Come with me, take off your shoes.” Bora yelled, took Siyeon’s hand and dragged her deeper into the forest.

The fallen took her words back. She still hated this a lot.

Within a second, it started to rain.

In the rain Bora’s hair became one with his face, wetly draped over her bone structure. Siyeon’s expression was somehow serious, while Bora was full off happiness.

As the lightning struck near them, Bora’s smile slowly faded away. She got scared and got closer to Siyeon, almost hugging her.

She felt safe around her.

She felt like the girl could protect her from everything bad in the world.