CHAPTER II

Revenge Of The Fallen

  Siyeon was driving for almost 4 hours now, with her stolen car she was able to blend in. She was glad that cars were invented because her last time on Earth was a few hundred years ago; and she was traveling with her easily noticeable dark wings. She was a heartbeat away from getting caught and be burned at the stake.

   She turned up the old rock songs volume as she let the wind dance on her face. The dead body’s smell finds a way to sneak through the window too, so with that Siyeon made a wry face. She closed her window a little, thankfully she was almost at her destination. The lake at the entrance of Eden was the perfect place to hide a crime.

   To make her way she turned the steering wheel to the right and entered the dirt path. Siyeon turned off the headlights and the radio, even though it was hard to see the way she didn’t want her car to be seen nor be heard from the road. With the silence, she heard small rocks hitting the car. The lake’s glory view sneak through the right, with trees becoming sparse the leak become clearer. The moon was reflecting at the black water, making it seem like the moon was onto it. It was full moon today, perfect time to make strong spells. Without noticing she looked at her ring. It had a small red rock that was covered with a strong spell. That was for her undercover.

  The famous Eden was blowing up with magic and celestial power. So it was making other celestial beings easy to notice by other angels, demons or humans with power. The ring was her protection, it was going to hide her real self. 

  As the path ended she shut off the engine. She opened the glove compartment and searched through it. She found the vehicle and the driver's license without having searched for them a lot. She opened the roof light as she examined them. Her sacrifice was an old man with an old car, his ugly beard and grey hair wasn’t making him looking good. She put the vehicle license back to its place and kept the other one in her pocket. Then she left the car, she took a deep breath the clean air. The trees were smelling dreamy, it was God’s garden ultimately. But for her, it was the garbage dump right now. She opened the baggage and congest her nose. She hated the smell of rotten human more than alive humans.

    Before throwing him to the lake she searched his pockets for money. After looking at his jacket, she found the old man’s wallet. She opened it. Siyeon was lucky as always. There were tons of money, it was overflowing. She put the wallet on her pocket too with a smile. Then she rose her head up to the sky and jokingly said “Thank you, god!”

   He was a heavy dude, but for a fallen, his weight felt like carrying an ant. So she put him into the water, and throw his belongings to the lake. His dead body floated for a bit then the water quickly ate him. Now it was impossible to find him, the lake was feeding with life. When Eden was God’s glorious backyard, the angels were letting the lake take their dead. Life nor their power wasn’t like that before. They were living, getting old and dying. Before humans came they were just as pathetic as them. Then these monsters came and took the Eden from them. The idiots were so eager to get kicked out. Yet the angels were their servants.

   She got back into the car and started to engine. Now she was going back to Eden. Where everything started and will be ended.

  As she passed through the Eden signboard she felt a huge power radiating inside her body. Within twenty minutes she was in the town. Even though it was 11 P.M. the streets weren’t empty. People were noticing her unfamiliar car, its dark blue color was shining with the various lights reflecting from the stores. She was craving for a drink right now, something with alcohol in it if possible. She wandered around the town for a bit until she finds a pub. Eva’s Pub. The sing was glowing with a light blue color. She chuckled after seeing the name. She parked her car in the opposite of the place. Before shutting the engine off she glanced around. Siyeon was parking her car in front of a café; people were sitting, chit chatting with amusement on their faces. She hated them so much, to the point that she wanted to puke.

   There was a book store beside the café and the grocery store was standing alone in the left opposite direction of the store. The bar was a single building with a park behind it. So here was the place where her days will pass. She didn’t hate the town that much, it was small; and full of humans. Well, that part was the only negative side of it.

   So she shut off the engine and left her car. She passed through the road as the curious eyes were watching her. As she entered the pub, the glances disappeared. She sat next to the window to get a good look at the people living here. The waiter came in a hurry to take her order, they were so welcoming. Siyeon hated him. They were being nice just for what? Pathetic creatures.

  As time passed she thought about everything. How she was going to find her, how she was going to gain her trust? She took a sip from her drink while carefully watching. Her eyes widened as soon as she saw who was leaving the café. She was shining with power around her, and Siyeon’s commander was right. Her beauty was out of this world. She smiled at her friends before going to her way. There she was, now she was closer to Bora more than ever.

  Siyeon quickly got up, leaving the cash on the table and sprinted out of the pub, right after Bora. She stopped herself in the door.

“What is wrong with you?’’ Siyeon asked herself as she realized she is not supposed to be seen. As soon as she calmed down, she left the pub and walked the same direction the smaller girl went.

“What were you thinking? Are you out of your mind?’’ She kept asking herself out loud, piercing the villagers that she had passed by with a deadly, cold gaze, trying to tell them to mind their business without having to say a single word.

  Siyeon was confused as to why she suddenly sprinted. Was it the need to kill? Was it love?

  She has been walking the same road as Bora for a while now, praying she wouldn’t get exposed. Bora was very careful. She always had powerful guards walking with her to feel safer as she and her family always had a lot of enemies.

   Bora always walked so slowly observing the town, even if it was just to observe the villagers who always welcomed her presence in the town, the houses covered with flowers or just the sky.

  After some time, they stopped in front of a huge wall with a so prettily decorated gate, guarded with many people with weapons, almost twice Bora’s height. As the gate opened, Bora disappeared, literally in front of Siyeon’s eyes.

So that’s where she lives. Siyeon whispered as she was observing the monumental buildings that she had barely remembered from the past.

  Siyeon walked up closer to the guards. As she reached a specific distance, the tall, muscular men crossed their bronze spears in front of them and in front of the fallen as a sign that she wasn’t allowed to get any closer.

“You are not allowed.” The guard on the right side of the gate spoke with a cold tone on his voice. Weren’t they needed to be sincere since they were angels too? Where are the good and caring manners to undercover human looking fallen?

“I am new in this town.” Siyeon faked her helpless human tone. “I come here to ask for a job. People told me to stop by.” She put a smile on her face to make the guards feel sympathy towards her.

  The guard gazed her carefully. “Tomorrow you can visit again. We will tell your wish to Ms. Kim.” She thanked them candidly. This job can make her job easier.

    She left with a devilish smile on her face, the ring was working, and her plan was working too. Everything was going the way she wanted it to.

….

  The next morning Siyeon wandered through Eden, trying to find some high place where she could observe from. Maybe a tower? Or just hide on a rood like a ninja and observe Bora’s gardens from there? She was sure her enemy would spend most of her time at her place and gardens as it was safe and guarded 24 hours a day.

  Visiting a lookout tower, Siyeon got a great view of the huge gardens. And the target.

  Bora would spend hours taking care of the gardens. There were thousands of different kinds of flowers, plants and trees and dozens of colorful butterflies visiting the garden. She loved them. Bora would always sit on the path or in the grass and watch the colorful creatures fly around her.

  Siyeon never got to see something like that. She kept staring at Bora. Was it out of love? Even if it was, she wouldn’t admit it. It was hard for her just to admit that the girl sitting in the grass, looking so innocent, was this gorgeous. And with an angelic voice. Siyeon witnessed her singing when she was taking care of her garden. She didn’t expect it even though she had been warned to be careful. Was she catching feelings towards her own enemy?

  Later the same day, Siyeon visited the same pub again, bought a drink, sat down near the window, pulling a paper and a pen out of her bag. After wasting many hours sitting in the pub and thinking she finally came up with an idea of how to get closer to Bora.

  Siyeon paid for all the drinks she ordered and went on an observing walk around the town, trying to look for a shop with clothes. All the villagers looked at her like an enemy. She looked cold, intimidating, like a killer. She needed to blend in somehow.