END

Lead Me to You

A/N:

I hope you are up for a 5k revised Ohmfluke one-shot!

There is another 3 bonus chapters set after, do look out for it!

 

 

 

 

----

 

 

 

 

Sighing in tiredness, a young man stands in front of a closed bakery called 'Morning Call'. Today the owners of the said premise will be a bit late as they were celebrating the 5th year anniversary of their marriage.

Fluke Natouch, the pretty young lad, sighs once more before pulling out a set of keys to open the rather small bakery. He walks into the unlock store as fast as possible when a morning wind sweeps at his back sending a chill down his spine. It is indeed a cold day today.

Who can blame him cursing slightly at 4 in the morning as he must prepare a lot by himself up until 6 a.m., the time when two more of his fellow co-workers promised to arrive. He doesn't mind that much as they are still tied to their classes at a nearby university.

The people that he really minds are the owners, Boun and Cooheart, also known as his fellow best friends, that he met during his student days in a local university. The two are happily married right after they graduated.

The couple manages this little bakery passed by Earth's(Cooheart) mother before she takes her well-deserved rest working as a single mom for most of her time. Her husband died when the boy only 5 years old because of cancer.

Fluke willingly work here after he had finished his last year at the university while waiting to graduate until today. It's not like he will dedicate his whole life here like the two, but he also dislikes wasting time doing nothing while preparing himself for his further study.

"Urgh, this is heavy." 

He mumbles under his breath as he picks up a cart that already full of dry ingredients for the batches of pastries, bread, and cakes. He set them up on a big counter where they always prepare the dough.

He already changes to his work outfit consisting of pastel pink with white lace at the bottom and neckline of the apron to give out a cute effect for the one who wears. There is also a nice complementary blue cursive embroidery of the bakery name at the bottom right corner of the clothing along with a cute bunny peeking from one of the pockets attached.

Fluke starts to work over the pastries and cookies first since those are his expertise. He let his phone playing his playlist as background noises, finding the place too quiet and a bit eerie since not every shop here in need of early preparation before open hours begun.

He sings bits and pieces of the lyrics that he remembers as he immersed himself fully towards his task finishing it fairly faster than he expects. He let all the doughs that need chilling in a big chiller situated at the utmost left corner of the cooking station, opposite of a big oven for baking goods.

"Alright, let's start over the bread." 

He states with a smile when he peeks over the time from the big bear clock hanging on the wall. Today seems to be in his favor, he thinks to himself feeling please. He takes another two heavy carts to set on the table.

He looks at the paper clips along with the carts and reads the instructions carefully. It's not like Fluke never makes bread, but he is not that expert either. He usually has Boun along to gives out instructions as they prepare the doughs together while Earth will be busy running around making sure everything else is set and ready.

"Hello, P'Fluke! Is there anything I can help you with?" 

Fluke jumps slightly hearing a cheery voice greeting him by his side. He is too focused on the task in hand that he doesn't even here when one of his co-workers comes in.

Mix, the youngest co-worker, is smiling triumphally since it is indeed his intention to surprise Fluke as the older looks so serious kneading a huge dough that can be as big as himself.

"Hello to you too Mix." 

Fluke once again peeks at the clock and blinks when he sees that it's a little over 5 a.m. He raises an eyebrow in amusement not expecting the male to be an hour early.

"You came early today? I thought you and Pineare will arrive by 6?"

Mix shrugs his shoulder before answering with a light tone.

"I feel bad you have to work by yourself for a while Phi. There's a lot to do before we open around 7. So, anything I can help? I see you have start pre-heating."

Fluke nods his head and puts on a bright smile. He is more than grateful for the extra help. He then asks Mix to check if the pastries are well chill and the oven is ready, he will be grateful if they start to bake already.

The two then work in silence with Fluke's playlist still playing in the background. Once the bread dough mostly set to chill as well, Fluke starts on helping Mix preparing the ingredients to garnish on top of the baking pastries.

Pineare then walks in while the two preparing the bread to go onto the oven with happy grin wanting to surprise Fluke. She, however, pouts when she sees Mix already beat her with the same idea.

"Hello everyone! Oh? How come you have the same idea as me to come early." 

She complains as she walks in while tying her hair to a neat bun. She has her eyes throwing glares at Mix who pull out his tongue as an answer to the question.

"P'Fluke look at him!" 

Fluke laughs when he hears her whining. He really likes working with them. It feels livelier and less tiring as he can just enjoy watching their antics or sometimes joining in. The two is really his happy pill in the kitchen.

"I already look at him long enough when you are not here Pineare, it's tiring." 

The oldest play along with the girl as payback for Mix when the young man spooked him earlier. Pineare then offers her elbow to bump with Fluke as a substitute for a high five.

The three works loudly as they laugh and joke around while still running their hands to perfect the goods that are freshly baked and ready to be displayed. When the clock turns over 6.30 a.m., they set everything in place with a quick pace as it is always their routine displaying it a bit late to make sure everything as fresh as possible before customers walk in.

Just as the clock nearly struck 7 a.m., they open a small window decorated at the front of the shop to attract people with a good aroma. It's a good strategy especially for those who walk their way to work or schools nearby. Almost most of them will walk in for a grab of warm breakfast on the go with a cup of as equally warm beverage.

 

 

--

 

 

Rush hour for the bakery comes to a halt when most of the customers are either already in their office or at school. Fluke stretches slightly from behind the counter with his back near the coffee machine. Pineare takes a break as well by looking at her phone to browse for updates regarding her classes and social medias.

Mix already at the staff room preparing to go to his own class right after and comes back by 4 p.m. to help around to close the store. The way back home from university is the same route as the shop so he is more than glad to help each time he got the time to do so.

"Guys, I will get going first. By the way P' Fluke, P' Earth just messages me saying that he and Boun will be available around lunch. He asks me to say sorry in advance."

The taller then pats the older on the shoulder to show sympathy since Fluke will then have to manage on his own for an hour or two. Pineare however, pipe in the conversation with a happy tone.

"Phi, Don't worry. I will be with you until 1 p.m. since my morning class got canceled. Bye Mix!" 

Hearing that the lovely girl will be with Fluke ease the youngest heart. He cannot lie that he feels pity for the smaller guy since he always working extra hard in everything he does that it can exhaust him to the max.

As the two remain in the shop waves goodbye to their co-workers, they settle down in a comfortable silence trying to savor the moments of getting to breathe before another wave of lunch hour comes by.

"Oh, crap P' Fluke! I need to go to the toilet." 

The girl holds her stomach in pain when a sudden jab interrupts her. Fluke who understands can only give a pity nod as she grabs onto the counter to try easing the pain. He always find it amazing that she can endure the pain each month.

"You can rest Pineare, P will cover here by myself. I call you if I need anything alright?" 

The younger nods her head slightly before rushing to the back still holding onto her stomach. Right after the back-door closes, the doorbell rings. Fluke stands straight and puts on his friendly smile as he welcomes the new customer. 

"Welcome!"

A tall guy with a sheepish dimple smile walks in. Confusion can be address from his face as he looks around the shop before going to the counter. The sharp gaze look straight into Fluke's doe eyes as he speaks.

"umm, hi. Does this shop sell sandwiches?"

Hearing how hesitance the voice is, Fluke cannot help but bites his lips trying to hold his laugh. He knows he should not find it ridiculous, but the question is just so bizarre when they have a whole menu on top of Fluke, cuts of promotions at the counter, and the menu again on the counter.

"We made them fresh therefore you have to order first." 

Fluke keeps his answer light and friendly for the man to not feel embarrassed. The new customer nods his head and lets his eyes move to the menu on top of the counter. A shy smile of realization comes upon him when he sees the sandwich section. 

"Yeah, sorry about that. Then I would like to order-" 

He pauses for a moment to pull out his phone and reassure what his co-workers need but the lists seem to be too specific that he rather shows it to the petite man.

"You think you can make this?" 

Fluke blinks and takes a closer look at the screen. A small giggle comes out without his control. How can a man this handsome so clueless about the orders that clearly specifies for one particular shop.

"I think these are meant to be Subway orders." 

The tall man blinks blankly and innocently asks back looking more confused then when he walks in.

"Does that mean no?" 

Fluke lets out another laugh louder than before and shakes his head. His brain starts to gear up. He can use this opportunity to increase the usage of their bread and maybe, honing his sandwich skills. Their bread usually bought by itself therefore he also takes the chance to promote the sandwiches menu. 

"I can try recreating it, but it might taste a bit different. You are up for the risk? I can give you a special price." 

There is a glint of mischievous and challenge from the doe eyes that has people captivated. Ohm, the new office boy, takes a moment before giving out his answer. He weights the option to search for Subway around here or he could just get it from this shop that only a walking distance from his workplace.

"As long as it can be cheaper than the place you tell, I will reconsider it." 

Ohm knows his priorities and he does not want to risk his perfect parking spot that is behind the CEO reserved parking.

"Certainly! Well then, if you don't mind can you read them out for me to note? It might take a while so you can take a seat at the bench while you wait." 

Fluke enthusiastically acclaimed as he takes out a piece of paper and a pen. Ohm nods his head in agreement before reading the ingredients out loud. Fluke diligently writes and sighs in relief when all the sandwiches use the same bread and nearly the same ingredients. The total of it is 3 and all of it are half a foot long, it's manageable.

Fluke works with ease making those sandwiches without even the help of Pineare while adding his own twist to each sandwich. He then puts it in the toaster two at a time having one additional as a gift for the man that willing to wait for a few minutes.

The toaster blares a beeping sound twice and Fluke starts to put on the sauces before neatly wraps them. He puts it in a brown bag that has the shop logos and tapes it carefully for extra security if the bag ever falls.

"Um, Sir, your sandwiches are ready." 

Fluke calls out over the man as he plays with his phone and the head turns with amusement in his eyes. Ohm admits he is quite surprised over how quick the service is. He hopes the sandwiches taste as good.

"There is an extra sandwich for you. Hope you like it. I write a person's name over the wrap for you to distinguish." 

Fluke states before saying the price. Ohm nods and thanks to him before he takes the bag and walks out of the shop. A few seconds after Pineare walks to the counter and taps the older's shoulder as he seems to be in his own head.

"P' Fluke, what are you smiling about?" 

She takes a seat over a tall stool as she is still not feeling that well. Fluke shakes his head and pats her head in return without saying a thing. His grin does make her curious but she opts to not question it.

 

 

--

 

 

The next day, Fluke is busying himself making his own brunch as he forgets to prepare some before he gets to work. Not that it is his fault either because he is supposed to have his rest but Pineare has an urgent matter to attend and Boun also has some errands regarding the business to mend as well.

"Hello?"

The sudden voice wakes Fluke up from his focus over the bagel sandwich in hand. He turns around and puts on a smile when he sees the Subway guy again. The tall man, however, has his eyes focus over the small sprout of hair that is tied upward by the worker.

"Cute."

The sudden compliment makes the two look at each other with an awkward silence surrounding them. The customer clears his throat and looks at his fingers that tap over the counter out of shyness for he saying his thought out loud.

"Thank you. Umm, do you want to order or?" 

Fluke eyeing the trays and tongs that is still in their place. Earth already wipe the newest one as well to make sure it is as clean as possible before putting a brown paper to avoid the bread making direct contact with the tray.

The question seems to wake the man up from his thoughts as he clears his throat one more time. Fluke keeps on his friendly smile hoping the man can relax. As much as he likes to deny, the shorter cannot stop himself from admiring how good looking this Subway guy is.

Not only his bizarre request during their first meeting that makes Fluke remember him, his face, and dimple smile also play a big role in making him looking up at the ceiling with a dreamy smile imagine himself getting to know the man .

"Right, sorry. I just want to say that my co-workers really love your sandwiches."

The statement brings a glint of joy in the shorter eyes. Ohm cannot hide his proud smile when he sees how such a simple statement can make this cute man happy.

"That is good to hear! I am scared they will dislike it since I add a bit of my own twist. For great success, I would treat you another sandwich!" 

The excitement that Fluke feels cannot be contained and when he sees Ohm looks like he is in loss of words, he ushers for him to look around.

Ohm does not want to break the jolly mood of the baker so he nods and look around the shop. He cannot deny that the smell of the goods attracting him and without him realizing, he already grabs a tray and tong to buy himself some pastries that catch his eyes and nose.

After choosing, the man walks back to the counter. He takes a good look at Fluke who is now busying himself by making a drink. A familiar ding surrounds the small bakery and the baker quickly moves to pull a pocket-like sandwich out of the toaster and wraps it as neatly.

By now, Ohm is too captivated by how the small man works his way in the limited space pacing here and there before putting a drink and a bag on the counter. He looks surprised when he sees the tray of pastries before looking at Ohm.

The tapping of the counter starts once again as Fluke busies himself, packing the pastries into a cute box that fit all of the goodies and put it in the bag as well. Just as he kicks in the price, Ohm asks a question that makes him giggles out loud.

"So, your name is Dean?"

The sudden giggles then turn into a genuine laugh that even Ohm cannot help but smiles brightly despite his confusion over the joke that he does not seems to catch.

"No, no. I just assume that is your name. Dean seems to suit you."

Hearing the explanation Ohm can only nod for the umpteenth time while he pulls out his wallet to pay. Fluke goes back to kick in the price until the total pop out at the screen for him to see.

"My name is Ohm though. Ohm Thitiwat."

Ohm introduces himself right after without any hesitation as he finds it is necessary for the smaller to know his name. Biting his lips, Fluke tries not to squeal over his unexpected success on getting the handsome man's name.

"Nice to meet you, Ohm. I am Fluke. Fluke Natouch."

A few bills are passes to the baker and he gives back the balance right after. The two meet each other eyes and a smile blooming brightly over their faces.

"Nice to meet you too, Fluke."

Ohm takes the brown bag and about to leave before he feels someone tugging over his sleeve. He turns and sees the cute face up close as he leans over the counter to pull over the long sleeve. The baker's faces turn slightly red than before and he mumbles shyly.

"Don't forget your tea. I made it since you seem to clear your throat a while before."

The small hand grabs over the big one to wrap it around a Styrofoam cup that closes with a black plastic cover. He then leans back and waves shyly as he mumbles a soft bye.

The walk to his office feels light and breeze for Ohm as he takes a sip from the specially made tea.

"Tastes good. Just how I like it." 

He mumbles under his breath and cannot help the dimple that shows right after as he walks inside a large building.

 

 

--

 

 

A few days later, Ohm makes his way with hurried steps into the small bakery shop. He is on his off day and he cannot help the small smile that settles on his face when he smells the familiar warm and light sweet fragrance coming from the said shop.

He pushes the door and walks in happily. He can see an unfamiliar face with a bright smile greeting him. A small disappointment settles on his heart when he does not see the short man that has been occupying his mind throughout the day when he goes for work outside of town.

He grabs a tray and tong and silently makes his way to the cookies and tarts that starts to become his new addiction. He picks two pieces of his favorite before going to the counter.

"Is this all?" 

The worker asks with his still polite smile. Ohm looks at the menu on the counter and points to a ham and cheese sandwich.

"Can I get this as well and an iced americano?" 

Earth nods his head and starts to make the coffee. While the coffee brewing, he calls out his husband who just walks out of the staff door with a tray of freshly baked muffins.

"Boun! Come help me make the ham and cheese sandwich." 

Ohm busies himself playing with his phone as he does not really interest in what happened. All his mind can conjure is to think about a gorgeous man named Fluke. He wishes in his head for the man to pop in front of him, greeting with his beautiful smile.

"Guys! I have finished up earlier than I thought." 

A sudden bright voice can be heard along with the chime of the bell that is situates above the door. Ohm cannot help himself to turn around and their eyes meet. Both pair of eyes seem to brighten with the sense of familiarity dawn upon the two.

"Oh. Hello!" 

Fluke waves his hand slightly. He cannot lie to himself that his heart jumps in excitement over the tall man right in front of him. The guy had been missing since the last time they exchange name and frankly, Fluke thought he had chased the man away.

"Um, hi. You are not working today?" 

Ohm asks quite shyly as he catches himself perhaps staring a tad bit too long at the man that is now wearing a white dress shirt that has embroidery that spell love with a cursive letter. The shirt is tugged at the front and the side making Ohm's eyes skirting down to the small waist and pretty legs. He then notices a brown file wraps around the slender arm as his eyes make his way towards the man's face once again.

Fluke on the other hand can only nods as an answer. His face becomes redder when he notices Ohm checking him out. He makes his way to the counter but before he can walk to the other side, Boun stops him by his shoulder.

Fluke looks at the owner of the bakery that has his face spelling mischievous all over. Earth, who just turns around, looks at his husband with confusion while he put the coffee beside the brown bag that already fills with sandwich and pastries.

"Hey Fluke, today me and Earth already here and Mix will come a few minutes later. How about you just have a break?"

Fluke eyeing the two owners with suspicions but he does not want to decline a break since it has been a while he gets a moment to himself. Usually, if he is not working, he is busy with the preparation to further his study.

"Okay, but you don't have to make that face." 

Fluke retorts as he keeps his suspicious glare. He walks to the door that leads to the staff room and kitchen only to stop when he is called by Ohm. He tears his gaze away from the spouses to give his attention to the taller man.

"Fluke, since you are now free. Would you like to walk around with me?" 

The question that comes out with a bit of stuttering here and there sets a huge smile to Fluke's pretty face. He nods and holds out his hand at the other as a signal for him to wait.

"I would love to! I go get my thing. Wait here!" 

Fluke rushes to the staff room and hastily picks up his things before making sure everything is with him. He walks out to see Ohm sitting on one of the stools sipping his coffee. The baker drinks in the handsomeness that is serve in front of him until he feels a tap on his shoulder.

"Fluke, go get him." 

Earth whispers to his side along with Boun who keeps smiling like a devil. The baker rolls his eyes despite feeling his cheeks burn from the rush heat of embarrassment and shyness.

 

 

--

 

 

Ohm and Fluke are now strolling down the park that only takes 5 minutes of driving from the shop. They have small conversations as they get to know each other ranging from age to hometown, favorite color to favorite TV show. They are now comfortable with each other to joke around with light touches in between. They then take a break and sit at one of the picnic tables when Fluke's stomach starts to rumble.

"Are you sure you don't want to go to a restaurant?" 

Ohm asks with worries as he pulls out the tarts and cookies he bought before. The sandwich already finishes as he munches on it in the car with the help of Fluke who feeds him while he drives.

The smaller nods his head and cups his cheeks as he tries to cover his face from the embarrassment. He takes out a lunch box and a water bottle from his bag then sets it on the table.

"I bring something to munch on since I thought I will be late from assembling those documents. We can share it, probably lasts us until... afternoon teatime?" 

Fluke looks at his watch as he tries to estimate the time before smiling reassuringly at Ohm who looks guilty of the idea to eat other people's food.

"Sorry for causing you trouble." 

The taller smiles apologetically. His eyes go down at the lunchbox that is now open for him to see the content. He cannot help himself from being amazed at how good the food is present. It reminds him of picturesque lunch at some point.

There are three triangle shape rice and cuts of circular rice balls as well. Since the lunchbox is separated into three compartment, the other two are smaller than the one the rice balls occupied. The above compartment is mix veggies while the below compartment is filled with marinated meat that is cut into small pieces.

Fluke who looks satisfied everything is still intact then pulls out a smaller lunchbox from the cold storage bag. He opens the container as well and a variety of fresh fruits organized prettily is what Ohm sees.

The taller by now gawking over the food with amazement. If this is how Fluke eats every day, Ohm is more than glad to be a part of his life. Fluke looks up at Ohm when he notices how silent his companion is. The eyes that glitters with hunger and amazement feeds Fluke's pride for his cooking skill.

"Here, you can try it." 

Fluke passes one of the triangles looking rice to the handsome man. Ohm cautiously takes it and smiles brightly showing his deepen dimple.

"Thank you, Fluke. I never thought you are this amazing at cooking." 

He takes a bite without any hesitation and god does this stuff taste super good. As good as the sandwiches and pastries from the store. Fluke can only smile proudly and takes a bite himself. They enjoy the food in silence until a thought hits the smaller.

"Ohm! Don't you work today?" 

He looks at Ohm with big eyes that the taller can only muster a chuckle. He just remembers that it is weekdays and the way the man always dress coming to their bakery, he assumes he works office hours.

"It's okay. I get a day off for participating work out of town the past days." 

Ohm smiles reassuringly before taking a last bite of the food in his hand. He the tip of his fingers, eating any rice that still sticks with a satisfying smile.

"No wonder you are not visiting the past few days." 

Flukes mumbles under his breath and a smile of relief settle on his face. He looks at his lunchbox to hide the happiness knowing he is not the one who drives the taller away.

"You are waiting for me?" 

Ohm asks out of curiosity and teasing. He can feel his heart jump out of joy knowing he is not the only one missing Fluke during those days. Fluke who just realizes that he says it out loud can only stuff his mouth to avoid answering. This, however, only makes the taller chuckles and the infamous dimple smile shows itself once again. Fluke keeps on munching over the food to keep himself busy making a mess at the corner of his mouth.

"Fluke, slow down. There is..." 

Without finishing his word, Ohm boldly holds the smaller's chin to tilt his head up. He then gently wipes the rice off the corner of the luscious lips. The smaller freezes from the sudden action, his ears and face gradually become red from embarrassment.

"T-thank you." 

Fluke shyly avert his gaze to Ohm's sharp ones and the two cannot help but admire each other up close. They keep looking into each other warm gazes admiring the other beauty deep in their heart and mind until a song blares out loud just as the two lean in closer. Ohm hastily pulls away and searches for his phone in his pocket. How can he forget to turn off his emergency alarm!

Fluke blinks a few times trying to catch himself who is still confused over the situation. Once it settles down into him, he takes a sip out of his water bottle to cool off the heat that stays too long on his cheeks.

"S-Should we go back to walking?"

Ohm stutters out his suggestion. He is still embarrassed over his alarm blaring during the worst time ever. Fluke peeks at him before nodding his head. He needs to really calm himself down. It's not like he never kisses a guy before so why he is being overly shy?

The two silently pack the empty lunchboxes and makes their way going back to the car. The smaller just remember he still has a few things to settle for his preparation to enroll in the university. Ohm offers to send him home and Fluke is more than happy to comply as the park is a bit far from his place.

Their conversation seems to smooth down once again as they share bits and pieces of their life throughout the walk and the drive to Fluke's home. Light teasing and jokes being thrown here and there especially dad jokes from the taller making the baker entertained. Fluke finding himself amuse over how Ohm, despite being younger, likes those kinds of jokes.

"We're here. This is my place." 

Fluke announces with slight disappointment in his tone. As much as he likes to continue their time together, he cannot invite Ohm into his messy house. He still has his things lying around throughout the place and laundry that is still not yet being picked up.

Ohm taps the steering wheel as he tries to calm his nerve as the two of them quiet down and soft music playing from the radio.

"I think I better go. Thank you for sending me back home... and hanging out with me."

Fluke says in rush mumbles and about to open the door before Ohm calls out for him. The big hand gently holds onto the smaller one.

"Wait. I, I would like to exchange numbers with you." 

He then gives out his phone after looking around panicly not wanting the man he crushes on waits too long. Fluke bites his lip as he takes it and types in his number and save it under his name with a mouse emoji. He thentaps the call icon and smiles happily when his phone rings.

"It'll be nice if you can call me tonight?" 

The shorter asks as he passes back the phone to the driver. Ohm takes it with a big grin as well with his eyes never leaving the gorgeous man.

"More than gladly. I also like to set up another date with you. If you don't mind?" 

The question gets Fluke freezes once again out of shock. He does not expect the man to asks him out this early. Not that he dislikes it either. If he is being honest, he is ecstatic that Ohm being honest over his intention this early.

"I would like to go on another date with you!" 

Fluke enthusiastically answers without any hesitation. Why would he, when he has a great time with this man that can make him feel at ease and comfortable in just a few hours?

"Great! Meet you at the bakery tomorrow?"

Ohm answers back just as enthusiast as he gets a response that is more than he hopes for. Fluke nods and before he gets out of the car, he swiftly kisses Ohm cheek. He then quickly closes the door and waves shyly as he takes small steps backward. He then turns around and runs inside while typing on his phone.

A LINE chat pops up from Ohm's phone and he wakes up from his daze.

'Thank you for today!

See you tomorrow'

A wink sticker is sent right after the message making Ohm smiles widely.

'Thank you for giving in as well

Let's talk again tonight?

I think I need to repay you for the kiss.'

A smirking sticker is then sent before Ohm drives away with light heart back to his humble home. Fluke smiles widen when he reads the cheeky reply. He is in cloud nine that even when he accidentally hit his head to the door of his room, his smile has not flattered away.

"Ah! I need to prepare something special for him tomorrow." 

He then sings happily as he throws himself to his bed.  He looks at the chat once more time before closing his eyes as he let himself carry on his daydreaming of a certain handsome tall man.

"I will seduce you with my cooking, just wait Mr. Ohm."