In which Donghae attempts to walk through a haunted house to win HIS Hyukkie back. Emphasis on the word ‘attempts’.

~Jealousy Looks Good On You~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
In which Donghae attempts to walk through a haunted house to win HIS Hyukkie back. Emphasis on the word ‘attempts’.

 

“This was a bad idea.” The whimper left Donghae’s lips as he stared at the dark, enclosed chamber he was in.

 

Cobwebs were scattered around the surfaces, and in the almost pitch black darkness, the tacky LED candles sent chills down Donghae’s spine. Of course they couldn’t use real candles in a haunted house; that’d be a fire hazard. But nonetheless, the creepy lights that kept flickering now the room next door and the echoing sound of his own timid footsteps was almost too much for his poor heart to handle.

 

Donghae flinched at the gory screams and buzzing sound of the chainsaw coming through the wall, his fingers clenching around the soft fluffy material of his costume. He pouted miserably, his eyes filling up with unshed tears.

 

This was a total disaster.

 

And it was totally not his fault.

 

He definitely didn’t insist that they should go trick or treating on Halloween, even though his boyfriend Hyukjae suggested that they should just stay in and do something more adult-like, like watching a movie. And Donghae most certainly  didn’t gun down the idea and claim he was perfectly capable of being a grown up and collecting candies at the same time.

 

And Hyukjae, whipped as ever, had lasted approximately ten seconds under his sad puppy gaze and before he had caved in, fondly  complaining that it wasn’t fair of Donghae to use his puppy eyes when he knew he boyfriend was weak against it. The younger brunette had only giggled victoriously to the statement.

 

So how did the 21 year old adult with his precious candy basket end up stranded in a haunted house?

 

Well, Donghae and Hyukjae had been mindlessly strolling around the streets, the former happily skipping along with his precious goodie basket in tow, when they had run into one of Hyukjae’s old friends. One of Hyukjae’s old friends who was completely and utterly crushing on his boyfriend.

 

Jessica or Medusa, as Donghae secretly called her in his head, just happened to coincidentally run into them on the streets on her way to a Halloween haunted house with her sister, Krystal. The pair was dressed up as ‘Greek goddesses’, in flowing silk gowns accented by gold jewelry. 

 

They would look quite stunning to the mortal eyes but no, Donghae wasn’t fooled by the innocent smiles and the fluttering eyelashes. Knowing what was about to happen, the brunette tried to look threatening but alas his choice of costume left him looking like a disgruntled puppy instead.

 

Of course, as he expected Medusa immediately sank her claws into his boyfriend’s arms and shrilly exclaimed about how she and Hyukjae were matching; where Donghae had to grit his teeth to prevent himself from asking how the hell the supposed goddess getup and a ship-wrecked pirate costume matched? But of course the Sea-Witch would come up with a lame excuse to validate herself. Too bad Hyukjae was his!

 

Donghae’s murderous glare (which was still rather cute if you asked me) shifted onto to his boyfriend who laughed obviously flattered, and oblivious to the devilish heart eyes being directed towards him. 

 

Why did Hyukjae have to look so good in his pirate costume; Donghae internally sulked. 

 

It just wasn’t fair.

 

The raven haired dancer was wearing a pair of skinny black jeans with a beautiful satin shirt and a deep red velvety waistcoat along with a leather sash that made him look ethereal and heavenly. He certainly lived up to his name as the fashionista of their group of friends, Donghae almost drooling when he had first seen his boyfriend’s Halloween costume. It never seized to amaze him how Hyukjae could come up with outfits so elaborate yet so effortlessly casual; specially in contrast with Donghae’s usual whirlwind fashion choices that left his boyfriend grimacing and facepalming. (In his defense the Hawaiian shirt and the khaki shorts were comfortable.)

 

So you may wonder, what was Donghae’s wearing in this momentous occasion?

 

Well, he was the Easter Bunny, curtesy of Heechul and Sungmin.

 

He was literally wearing a white fluffy bunny onesie, with the hood drawn up from which a pair of soft bunny ears sprang. It had a cute cotton tail too!

 

While Hyukjae dressed to impress with his pirate costume, Donghae’s main goal for the night was to collect as many candies as possible. So his Hyungs strategically placed him in the Easter bunny getup making him look so damn adorable people just couldn’t help but shower him with chocolates and sweets. The younger  brunette had thought the outfit was a win because his baffled boyfriend had hugged him for a solid ten minutes when he first saw the Easter bunny getup, refusing to let go, exclaiming that Donghae was just too cute for his weak heart.

 

And Donghae had been totally satisfied with his Halloween costume until Medusa and her minions showed up.

 

Dammit, why did Hyukjae and Medusa have to look like a power couple even though their outfits didn’t match?

 

The brunette was practically growling at the smug look on Jessica’s face, about to show her what a feral bunny looked like when his plans to throw a possessive fit was cut short when Hyukjae discreetly freed himself from the witch’s hold and wrapped a loose arm around Donghae.

 

Take that you evil monster, Donghae was about to exclaim in victory when he noticed the  evil glint in Medusa’s orbs.

 

•••

 

“Hyukkie?” The brunette in the bunny costume whimpered, frozen in spot.

 

The wooden basket that held his precious candies fell onto the floor with a thud as he brought his hand up to run away a the tears running down his cheeks. 

 

“Hyukkie?” He called out again, sniffling pitifully, mentally begging his boyfriend to come and save him from the horrors of the scary house.

 

But he knew that Hyukjae wasn’t going to come; he was somewhere further in the house with Medusa, the evil Sea-Witch probably playing the damsel in distress and trying to woo the raven-haired pirate into falling for her.

 

After all, that had been her plan when Jessica practically begged Hyukjae to accompany her into the Haunted House, a special event put together by students of their college in the campus grounds, claiming that she was too afraid to go by herself. And Hyukjae, being too kind to refuse (a trait Donghae was starting to loathe) had agreed. Of course, the brunette had decided to stay outside with Krystal and wait for the pair to complete their Haunted House course because despite his excitement about Halloween he was still a teensy weensy bit afraid of the dark and literally anything horror-related. 

 

He really didn’t have a choice in the ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter