- 오 (Good Sleep) -

Seeker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“It’s kinda silly if you think about it again,”

 

Yujin who is busy studying Potions, her textbooks and notes scattering on her bed, switches her gaze to the blonde beside her. Hyewon on the other hand too diverts her focus on Yena, as Yena suddenly interrupts her concentration on the comic she was enjoying.

 

“What’s silly?” Hyewon inquires, propping her head on her palm as she softly takes a good look on the other.

 

“You know, I’ve seen tons of people hating on each other because of a mere sport,” Yena professes, her eyes are locked on the spinning pencil in between her fingers. Instantly, the spin is brought to a halt and pointed out right away towards the tallest of them all.

 

“But you and that Ravenclaw,” she pokes her pencil again towards Yujin, “Here you are, smooching each others’ faces,”

 

“I’m not!” Yujin grimaces, showcasing her faked disgust yet her rosy cheeks say the other way.

 

“Well, not yet,” Hyewon murmurs but her voice is loud enough for Yujin to catch it and gives the purple head a sharp glare.

 

“Do you think she’s really into you? Or this is just Ravenclaw's little plan to sabotage our team?”

 

Hyewon is taken aback with Yena's question as she proceeds to scold her for saying such things, nonetheless Yujin can see Yena is being genuinely curious. Yujin too, somehow, suddenly is as curious as Yena. She already has a lot of ‘what if’s cramped in her mind and Yujin knows it well that that’s not a good sign for their early-bloom relationship.

 

“They’re sixteen, Yena. Not six,” Hyewon retaliates, “That’s a little immature don’t you think? Just for a match? That sounds ridiculous,”

 

“Yet some people are really just that ridiculous, no matter if they’re six or sixteen,” Yena adds, and that doesn’t make it any better for Hyewon. Her frown is getting worse and it is evident that the purple head is disturbed with Yena’s words. To say Hyewon is disturbed is such an understatement actually. And if we’re being honest here, Hyewon feels unsettled, not because the statement is controversial. She feels uneasy because the statement does have its truth.

 

And by Yujin’s frown, Hyewon knows that the girl too, thinks the same.

 

---

 

It is 3.39 in the afternoon and Yujin has finished her schedule for today. All of those classes and pop quizzes she has today does consume all of her energy. Especially when what Yena said in the dorm last night keeps repeating itself in her head all day, that doesn’t help Yujin at all. Usually, a good nap would do to fuel her strength back again but she needs more than that. Hence, here she is, on her way to Forbidden Forest with some fishes in a bag she took from the kitchen elves. Yujin has asked the warden if she can feed Crawen, a Hippogriff that the school takes care of for today, so her presence in the forest is well informed.

 

“Hungry, Crawy?” Yujin chuckles as she fondly watches the creature chomping its meal messily. Most Hogwarts students aren’t good with creatures as the creatures they usually see are at least three sizes bigger than them and they look harmful. Nevertheless, Yujin is one of those few that can handle the creatures well. To be honest, Yujin is more than comfortable with them. Yujin loves them, she loves creatures a little too much that her bestfriends, Yena and Hyewon couldn’t even fathom the enthusiast.

 

Yujin finds it therapeutic too, feeding them, spending time in the forest while enjoying their companies. You can say this is her safe place since no one dares to go here, well, other than her. Yujin admits that she is extroverted most of the time, but even an out-going person like herself needs a me-time, isn’t it?

 

Seems like Crawen has eaten all of its meals for today. Yujin then takes a seat on the ground, keeping a little distance from Crawen so her uniform and robe won’t get stained with its saliva. Yujin gazes on Crawen softly, admiring the distinct and unique traits of the Hippogriff. Yujin is enjoying the solitude, as only the sound of leaves rustling is audible. Little does she know, her solitude is about to be interrupted.

 

“Hi,”

 

And that sudden voice manages to make the girl jerks off her place, quickly making her search the source of the voice until she recognizes a not so familiar but acquainted figure.

 

“Ah, Lee Chaeyeon,” Yujin sighs, even panting a little as a result of the panic and it is quite evident that she doesn’t appreciate the scare that the older gave.

 

“Just Chaeyeon would do, by the way,” she introduces, displaying her sweet smile despite the younger has not recovered from the sudden shock.

 

Yujin fixes herself to sit properly again, brushing off the leaves that get stuck on the sleeves of her robe, “I don’t mean to sound rude Chaeyeon but,” Yujin switches her gaze to the Gryffindor and adds, “no one really likes to neither visit nor step their feet in here yet here you are,”

 

“But Yujin,” Chaeyeon titters, her smile hasn’t wear off ever since her presence in the forest, “yet here you are too,”

 

The Slytherin shrugs lightly, tilting her head out of awkwardness, “Well, I… I like it here,” Yujin stutters.

 

The older nods lightly, signalling that the feeling is common for her too, “And you’re not alone,”. Then it dawns on her, of course there are people who enjoy nature as muc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter