-삼 (The Game)-

Seeker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Oh my freaking God you guys have to hear what happened just now,” Yujin announces as she puts her broomstick and stuff away, running to both of the girls who are already covered in their blankets.

 

“Geez,” Yena grunts while lifting off her eye mask, “, you should thank me for not closing the windows. What took you so long up there?” Yena fixes herself on the bed, leaning her back against the bed frame.

 

“I know this might sound crazy,” Yujin paces back and forth, her hands on her head, still processing the unpredicted, but welcomed, rendezvous she and Minjoo had on the roof just now, “But, I think I have a chance,”

 

“Can you speak English? None of your words make sense, Yujin,” Hyewon who remained silent just now decided to take interest in what Yujin is about to spill on them. It is undeniable that this kid would act a little wired the night before the game, but Hyewon can see by Yujin’s grin and reddened cheeks, something else just happened.

 

“Yeah, I mean, you can speak in Korean if you want to-,” Yena suggests before her words get interrupted by the tallest.

 

“Did she say ‘See you tomorrow,’ to me? Merlin’s beard, she effing did!” Yujin then proceeds to throw herself on her bed, covering her piercing squeals with her pillow. Yena and Hyewon are still dumbfounded. They remain their puzzled expressions as they observe the youngest kicking all the pillows off the bed, behaving unusually.

 

Hyewon throws a pillow on the youngest - and manages to elicit an ‘ouch’ from her, “Wait, who’s ‘she’ again?”

 

Uncovering her face which is now heavily tinted with hue, Yujin responds with a silly grin on her lips, “Kim Minjoo. The Kim Minjoo said that to me,”

 

“Oh my God, Yujin-ah,” Yena gets off her bed and climbs on the other's before placing her palm on Yujin’s forehead, tries sniffing the lady, “You’re not drunk, are you?”

 

“I’m not for god’s sake! I’m 16,” Yujin pushes the other’s hand away and she can hear Hyewon’s ‘Oh my God Yena I thought the same too,’ from afar.

 

“You know what,” Yujin climbs off her bed and picks up her scattered pillows and plushies back to her bed, “Let’s just sleep, okay? Your Seeker has to get enough rest,”

 

“Wait, I thought you wanna tell us something?” Hyewon crosses her arms, eyes narrowed while gazing on the other. Yena too tucks herself in her bed back and lets Yujin have her personal space.

 

“Tomorrow,” Yujin mumbles as she puts her eye mask on and envelops herself in her blanket, “You’ll see,”

 

---

 

Every bleacher is crowded with Hogwarts’ students and professors. Cheers, applause, horns and what not successfully made today’s event lively and sprightly. It’s a spring unclouded morning in Hogwarts Quidditch Pitch. Students and teachers with no exception are anticipating the matches to begin with each house cheers in unison for their players.

 

A pair of adorable Japanese climb their way onto the commentator seats and fix themselves there before testing the microphones and preparing their scripts. They’re Hogwarts’ most favoured commentators ever since the past few years and the students’ warm cheers are a welcome sign for the pair.

 

“Hi, I’m Hitomi from Hufflepuff,”

 

“And I’m Nako from Hufflepuff,”

 

“And we are your commentators for today’s Quidditch matches!”

 

Yujin is already in her team jerseys, complete with her pair of long boots and safety knee caps. She has her shoulder-length hazel hair neatly tied so she can play the game comfortably. Their match will start a few minutes again, meanwhile Yujin takes a peek behind the tent’s curtain, trying to pursue any figure of Minjoo on Ravenclaw’s bleachers, but to no avail. As she fails to do so and gets slightly disheartened, Yujin steps away from the entrance and gathers along with her teammates.

 

“Just like we planned, okay? Balance your broomsticks and be flexible with its speeds too, just like we’ve practiced,” Peter, the team’s captain, gives his words just like he always does before matches. Yujin nods her head slightly along with the others, signing that they are comprehending their leader’s words.

 

“Yujin? No pressure okay?” Peter comforts the girl, as he knows how edgy the little can get before matches. Yujin appreciates the reassurance given, she just beams lightly with a soft nod.

 

Both Slytherin and Hufflepuff’s team are being called to step out and they greet the bright loud cheers from the crowds confidently. Yujin can see a glimpse of Hyewon and Yena in Slytherin bleachers in tiny, and they look hilarious with the extra shouts and Yena’s shameless cheer choreography. Their shenanigans manage to make the lady crack up, and her anxiety has dwindled down a little.

 

The game begins after the whistle is blown by the professor in charge. The game goes insanely competitive and the crowd too can feel the rising heat despite the chilly weather. With each team’s Chaser tackling each other’s Beater, and the Keepers stay alert for any quaffles to go through their team’s hoops. Even so, Yujin has been staying in her place for minutes constantly. She seems to be having a hard time to find the smallest ball.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter