-일-

Seeker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It was a fine routine weekend morning in the Ahn’s family house. Toast, bacon strips and buttery scrambled eggs had already been served on the dining table, waiting for the Ahn’s to devour the dishes up except, their only daughter was still snoring in her bed. Mrs. Ahn gazed at the clock, and guessed it’s the right time to wake her daughter up before their breakfast became their brunch.

 

“Yujin-ah! Wake up now and come eat your breakfast!” shouted Mrs. Ahn from the kitchen. The floating spatula that was busy flipping the pancakes clank itself on the pan too to support Mrs. Ahn’s high-pitched voice. Thanks for both deafening sounds, Yujin’s deep slumber got interrupted successfully and she woke up with grunts leaving her lips.

 

“응, 나 일어났어! 소리를 그만해 좀!!!” Yujin begged, while hoping her rusty shout did manage to be heard by her mother. It was a Saturday morning, what’s the need for waking up this early anyways? As much as she wanted to doze back off again, she chose to not to dig her own grave and obeyed her mother this time. Not forgetting her routine, Yujin gave Cuddle, her snowy owl a few pats and a good morning wish and only then proceeded to the bathroom. After lightly washing herself up and changed to a fresh pair of outfit, Yujin got out of her bedroom and rushed down the stairs when Mrs. Ahn piercing shouts echoed again.

 

“Okay, okay, I’m coming! Stop yelling please,” she replied and marched towards the kitchen when the sound of a mail went through the door’s letter hole discontinued her steps to go further. Yujin retracted her steps and went her way to pick the piling mails on the floor, and the recent one grabbed her attention the most. There’s her name spelled on the envelope. A mail for her? But she was just 11, who would send her-

 

Wait, could it be?

 

“Ahn Yujin, come here right now or your mother will make you do all the chores without magic-” Mr. Ahn’s naggings were brought to a cut when his daughter was finally visible in his view. He was about to add more of his naggings when Yujin turned to face her father, with both confused and amused emotion displayed on her face. His gaze was brought to the mail Yujin was holding and a familiar logo caught his attention.

 

It’s Hogwarts. That’s Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry's well-known logo.

 

“자기야,” Mr. Ahn called his beloved wife. A proud, fond smile drawn on his lips and he added, “I think we will have to visit Diagon Alley today,”

 

---

 

Yujin could never have imagined that this day would come. She has always been listening about Hogwarts by her parents’ throwback stories or by stumbling on Hogwarts related articles on The Daily Prophet. Her parents, especially Mr. Ahn would constantly make her daughter listen to his reminiscence. Whenever he got the chance to, he would make Yujin listen to how excited he was to own his first wand, how he wanted to be a part of the Quidditch team but her mother got his spot instead, how spacious the Great Hall is and countless stories more.

 

At this point, Yujin was sure that she had already registered every corner and curve of Hogwarts Castle after repeatedly listening to the same stories again and again. Nevertheless, she still got her jaw dropped as she stepped into the Great Hall. The sky-like high ceilings, those floating candles, gigantic dining tables, her father wasn’t lying when he said this hall could fit a whole zoo.

 

After a few announcements and instructions were enlightened to the first years, the teacher of charge started to call each of their names for the Sorting ceremony. Yujin observed as one by one of her batchmates got called and sat on the stool with the Sorting Hat sorting them to their respective houses.

 

“Please don’t put me in Slytherin. Pretty please,” begged Yujin in whisp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter