Three

Legacy

 

 

"One Iced Caramel Macchiato please." Scarlett smiled to the barista. 

 

Scarlett continued browsing her phone while waiting for her cup of iced coffee to be ready. As she was scrolling through an app on her phone, she felt someone was staring at her. She turned her head and noticed a tall young man with blonde hair, staring back at her. The man smiled, nodding his head a little while pointing his finger to her bag. She followed the direction of his finger to her ped bag.

 

That was weird, she remembered zipping her bag after keeping her wallet. Without much thought, she checked her belongings and zipped her bag before looking up to thank the man. However, to her surprise, the man was no longer on the grounf where he stood. 

 

"He's gone? That was fast." Scarlett thought. 

 

After collecting her coffee drink, Scarlett proceeded to walk to the gate early to read a book while waiting to board her flight. She may not be a bookworm but she does enjoy reading when she has free time. She loves mystery fictions especially those related to crime or magics. While reading, she felt the same feeling as to someone was staring at her, again. She quickly looked up to find the same young man staring at her with a strong gaze. She was about to say thank you for his act of kindness previously when suddenly, she felt a strong force pulling her soul. She initially heard low whisperes but it got louder by each second. It was as if she got hypnotized, trying to separate her soul from her body by the man. She was frozen on the spot with her book still in her hands. She tried to speak up when that pulling stretch feeling disappered.  

 

Scarlett raised her right eyebrow, seemingly asking what the young man did. The man stood up, walked towards her, bent down and whispered,

 

"Are you going to Hogwarts?"

 

Shocked? That was an understatement. Scarlett was freaking out. Was the man a stalker? A kidnapper? Or worst, a murderer? Wild thoughts were running through her mind especially after she just finished reading her crime novel. 

 

Trying to compose herself, she faced the blonde man and asked,

 

"Who are you?"

 

The man just smirked and walked away.

 

"What the?!" Scarlett scoffed.

 

Scarlett looked at the young man's retreating figure. What just happened? How did he know she was on her way to Hogwarts? What was his motive? 

 

Dumbfounded, Scarlett brushed that weird encounter away as if nothing happened a while ago.