Last frame - see you again

one FRAME

Jang Keunsuk's POV

 

I'm still here, 

Still with my feelings toward you

That won't change and won't be any different

---

"Now, I declare you two as husband and wife. The groom may kiss the bride."

I don't know what kind of expression I made right now. It felt like a dream. A very long dream that didn't let me to get out of it. A sudden vibrate of my phone was succeed in making me spared my attention away from the newlywed couple. A call from my mother.

"She must be loked beautiful."

My mother's first sentence once I accepted the call. I leaned on the nearby wall as I replied her with a single 'hmm'. Once in a while, I greeted the guests which greeted me on their way to the wedding reception hall.

"Are you alright, Son?"

My smile which I used to greet the others slowly disappeared. I took several seconds of silence, didn't know how to answer that question. Even I told her a lie, my mother will know it immediately. But, it's too embarrassing to tell her the truth.

"Hmm. Kind of." I mumbled, playing with the tip of my red wine colored tie. "You should come with me if you worried about me, Eomma."

"Nah, it's just... too hard for me. To see her walked down the aisle but not with you, Son."

The pang in my heart got reopened once that sentence got heard. It's hurt, and I want to end it as soon as possible. So, the phone call. Before ut went to the direction that I will regret later.

"I think that we've had enough about this matter, Eomma. See you around."

With a single click and the call ended. A message from my manager came in right after the call ended. Tellin me that the reception has started.

I put back my phone inside my suits pocket. I was about to leave but my legs likr got glued to the ground. It felt so heavy to take a step forward. Getting back leaned on the wall, I closed my eyes. Taking a deep breath then let it out.

"Face it like a gentleman, Sukkie."

.

.

.

I'm still in this place

Still waiting for any news about you,

Still wanting to hear your voice

This love makes me strong

---

It's me who was wrong. Since in the beginning.

I was too confident that maybe she has the same thing with my feeling. I was too confident to call my love got reciprocated.

I flied too high that wheb reality hit me, I fell to the bottomless regret.

.

.

.

"Congratulation, Hye. Wish you a happy marriage."

"Hmm. Thank you, Suk Oppa."

I felt butterflies danced as well as the heart that slowly broke into pieces at the same time. I heard her called my name and I saw that smile. Don't want to get tortured any longer, I greeted the groom. Showed a forced smile, I congratulated him.

"Congratulation. I hope you cherish her till death do you two apart."

"Thank you, Jang Keunsuk Sunbaenim. I will live up to your wish."

.

.

.

I'm still in this world, seeing you from afar... together with him

Even though my heart burnt with jealousy

But, please promise me...

That you won't go anywhere

---

"Uncle Sukkie!!!"

"Oops! Who's here if not our beautiful little princess Cha Daehye."

Cha Daehye, the daughter of Park Shinhye and Cha Daejoon. That little girl always like to jump onto me every time we met. I felt my heart got warmer once I saw the cute smile on the little girl's face whenever I brought her into my arms.

That little girl took after her mother's beauty completely that I often imagined myself seeing the little version of Shinhye.

"Uncle! Marry me!" Daehye confessed - for the nth times already.

If it was her mother whom asked it, maybe I'll get heart attack immediately.

"Jeez, Daehye-ya. Uncle Hongki looked handsome too, and faaar younger than Uncle Sukkie. Why won't you marry this Uncle Hongki?" Lee Hongki tried to bargain with the little girl whom still circled her tiny hands around my neck.

The little girl did pay her attention on that blonde haired man, but her reply was the same. Her shaking head. Daehye tightened her hug on me as she was still with her words.

"I just want Uncle Sukkie, because he's my first love!"

A round of merry laughter burst out in our little group because of that innocent words.

"Hey, little lady. Where do you learn that kind of words?" Lee Hongki still hasn't given up on getting Daehye's attention. He even acted dramatically like his heart got shooted. "Argh... Uncle Hongki's heart is hurt."

But to Hongki's  misery, the little girl in my arms didn't show any interest in his little show. Except Hongki whom had frown on his face, the others had their happy smiles. It was just a routine show Hongki always did whenever me, him, and Daehye be in the same place at the same time.

"So, how's your answer, Uncle Sukkie?" Daehye's  big eyes stared back at me, as she asked that question.

"Uhm... let's see..."

I got speechless once I saw her aegyo shoot right to me. I wondered, where this little girl learnt that. This little girl, she was never tired to make me surprised in every moment we met. Did someone tell her that I can't resisted an aegyo?

"You beat me, little girl." I replied as I caressed her short black hair. "Then, you should grow up to be a beautiful girl, little Hye. Because this Uncle Sukkie only married to a beautiful woman."

The happiest smile I ever saw on her face, I thought that I won't forget about it. Nested her head on my left shoulder, she tightened her hug.

"This is the best birthday present I ever get. Thank you, Uncle Sukkie."

 

***

 

You're so far from me, but always be in my prayers

I'm missing you...

 

"I want to love you, just like this, forever. I won't tell any single lie to this feeling."

Finally, he said it. The feeling that he buried deep in the bottom of his heart - for how long, only him and God knew. The feeling that made him felt happiness, but brought fear at the same time. The feeling that has got hidden behind his cowardly acts.

Shinhye's silence grew frightening as time went by in each second that has passed. At the time he saw her tears melted from her brown eyes, he heard his heart shattered in million pieces. The sad look she showed on her teary eyes already spoke it all.

It's too late now.

Since when he could read each of her non-verbal emotion? How he could interpret it so easily?

"Oppa, I-"

"I know."

...

...

...

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be. I'm the one who is sorry. I'm the kind that late to realize it. Both, your feeling to me back then... and my own feeling towards you."

He felt that he was the worst bastard that only could make her cry.

"Don't cry... " He asked as he reached up to her face which already running the tears river.

"I... I can't..."

"Then... let this night to be the last time you ever cry for someone like me."

.

.

.

I was walking and without knowing I saw myself walking with you

When I'm with someone, talking to them

I see you, sittin across from me

it's so funny...

You're not here but these endless traces shake me up and break me down

Every time, every day, everywhere

In all the  places that I breathe 

You're there, countlessly

You remain, endlessly

Will I be able to forget you tomorrow?

No matter how much I try to erase you

You're there

How about you? Are you smiling?

I won't pointlessly worry about you

In your days, in all your time

I wonder if there is the smallest trace of me left

How much farther do we have to get for me to escape you?

Though we are far apart, you still shine so beautifully

---

-- one frame - End --

---

 

 

 

Author's note:

Finally, I can finished this. For whoever read this, please put it in your mind that this is just "a writer's imagination" not a real thing. Also, maybe it's kind of late but I do wish our beautiful Shinhye a happy marriage life.

And... this one remarked as my final geunshin fanfic. Thank you for readers whom had followed this one (and my other geunshin work). 

Lastly, stay positive and stay healthy dear readers.

With love, 

naru