FRAME 02 – can’t you see the foolish me?

one FRAME

=== ONE FRAME ===

 

 

A short story where both of them... become in one frame - again, shared one feeling which once has been buried deep in their heart

 

***

 

            The newest melodrama aired by SBC – #promise – has recorded a new record in Korean drama history. Being able to beat the highest rating of the most popular drama aired by the same station, since its first episode aired. The renowned names which got scouted into that project has proofed their caliber.

            The tragic opening in the beginning of the first episode already attracted many attention. Not to forget about the sadness which got shown flawlessly in each the episode which has aired. The drama’s filming itself has come into conclusion as they were about finishing the last 4 episodes. The love which got showered to the drama has made the crew as well as the casts got fired up into displayed the perfect production in each episode.

            ”Cut!” The director yelled out once he saw the scene didn’t get executed just like he wanted. The cameramen, as well as the other assistants stopped their works for a while as the director got up from his chair and headed toward the actors whom in charge of that scene.

            Actually, Director Ji San didn’t want to scold his lead actors that they are professional actors who has known their own strength. Usually, they will got back into their track after a single mistake. But, this time, Director Ji San felt something was wrong with one of his lead actors.

            ”Haru, gwaenchanayo?” Director Ji San asked Jang Keunsuk. He preferred to use his lead actor’s character’s name rather than the real one. ”It’s unusual of you to repeat the same scene more than once.” He added.

            ”I just... haven’t got the feeling yet. I’m sorry if it’s too much for asking, but... can I take a short break before we started it again, Director?”

            ”Arasso. It’s five minutes break then.”

            Park Shinhye stayed in silence as she watched her co-actor left the set to take a short break. So, she followed suit. The scene which got halted was a scene where Haru burst into anger after hearing Harin’s love confession towards him, even after knowing the reason of Haru made a distance between them.

            ”Hey!”

            A very familiar voice caught Shinhye’s attention. There, stood with a bouquet of red roses in his hand. Supported a gentle smile on his handsome face, that young man – Cha Daejoon – approached her.

            ”It’s lucky of me that I come to see you when you have a break?” He greeted Shinhye as he gave the bouquet of red roses to her.

            Shinhye accepted it with a small smile on her lips. ”Thanks. It’s just... a short break. We’ll resume the scene soon.”

            ”Is that so?” He replied, took a seat next to her. As his girlfriend was busy with the red roses in her hands, he sent his sight on the other side of that filming set. Not too far from his place, he saw his girlfriend’s co-actor whom looked like had a serious talk with the director about the scene they will filmed.

            It will be the first time for Cha Daejoon to see the man whom got titled as Prince Asia acted, directly. He admitted, that the older actor was a great actor, as he has watched that drama since in the beginning. He even doubt, if his girlfriend’s co-actor wasn’t him, maybe that drama won’t made it.

            ”Let’s start again!” The director announced as the time he has given to be used as break already over. All the crew got back into their posts, as well as the two lead actors.

 

***

 

            Jang Keunsuk tried so hard to ignore it, but he can’t. In between his discussion with Director Ji San, he stole a glance towards his co-actor. Of course, the arrival of her boyfriend didn’t slip away. The red roses that young man gave to her was lovely, but it doesn’t suit her innocent look. To him, white roses suited her more.

            It was when they were about to start the filming of the repeated scene he has messed up, he noticed her boyfriend still stayed in his place. So, he decided to take a look, Jang Keunsuk questioned.

            ”Okay, stand by... camera rolling, ready... action!” The director’s cue was clear as day. The filming has started, so the acting.

            In front of him, Harin – the character which got portrayed by Shinhye – gasped for air after running, tried to catch up to him. Her tiny hands clutched onto his dark colored trench coat tightly.

            ”I, I still can’t accept it.” Shinhye started the dialogue, spoke in between gasps. ”Your rejection... over my confession.” She continued, as she looked up at him. Her eyes, it spoke many. It demanded an explanation of his reason behind his act.

            Jang Keunsuk knew that it was only an act. It wasn’t real. But, he can’t stopped his heart which felt a pang of hurt. The romantic scene she had with her boyfriend earlier – even it was short – suddenly came towards him. Why... she asked for his reason of his rejection when she had someone else by her side?

            Park Shinhye released her grip on Keunsuk’s trench coat unconsciously as she saw the latter’s unreadable look. But then, the next second she saw a small frown formed on his face. At the same time, he looked hurt. Then he looked a bit angry after it. That kind of expression, she didn’t see it when they filmed the same scene at the previous take.

            Not only Park Shinhye whom got awed by the sudden transformation. Almost all the filming crew, especially Director Ji San, also... Cha Daejoon who watched the filming.

            ”Just how many you will confessed your feeling, it won’t change anything.”

            Shinhye could feel the chill after hearing it. She automatically caught on his right arm before he was out of her reach. She held onto him, tightly. Her eyes got blurred as tears began filled it. The last sentence got spoken by him, suddenly Shinhye felt a hurtful pain in her heart. For unknown reason.

            ”Why...?”

            ”Because...” Jang Keunsuk paused.

            Because even though I love you that it almost brings me to tears, it isn’t allowed.

            ”There is no new beginning for us.” He chose to say that line, with cold tone of his. Slowly, he let go of her hands which cling onto his. ”Stop coming to me, because I won’t give my heart to you.”

            With those piercing words, he left her. Stood in her position, Shinhye brought her right hand on her chest. Her eyes which already full of tears couldn’t hold it anymore. She cried in silence.

            ”Cut! Okay, let’s prepare for the next scene!”

            All the crew began getting things ready for the next scene just like what the director has told them, but Shinhye still in her spot. She still sobbed, unable to stop her tears. It was when she felt frustrated because of that, someone brought her into a hug. That warm hug, she knew it. She has got familiar by it.

            ”Mian, I’ve gotten overboard.” The one whom hugged her – Keunsuk – said as he broke the hug, held her shoulders. He brought his right hand on her wet face, wiped off the stain of tears on her face. ”Stop crying, you look ugly with those swollen eyes, you know?”

            Shinhye knew that the man in front of her was trying to lighten up her mood by his bad humor just now. Just like usual. He always consoled her whenever she got drowned too much into her character. If it was the other scene that they filmed, maybe she already smiled by that cheap humor. But, not this one. The last line Keunsuk said at the filming earlier, has stabbed her heart painfully. Shinhye knew that she wasn’t supposed to feel like that. But, she can’t helped it.

            ”Hye...”

            What kind of magic spell he casted just now?

She asked herself. How he did it? How... all of her sadness dissipated into thin air immediately after hearing he called her by that nickname?

            Getting no respond from the girl in front of him, Keunsuk brought Shinhye back to his hug. He patted on her back slowly.

 

***

 

            Cha Daejoon witnessed all of that. How the scene wrapped perfectly by the lead actors, Shinhye’s continuous cry even after the filming of scene ended, and those hug. If he was a second faster than that man, he will be the one whom wiped off those tears of hers. If he was a second faster than that man, he will be the one whom consoled her. If he was a second faster than that man, he will be the one whom hugged her.

            But, if he was the one whom did all those things to her, will she showed that face? A face of girl whom madly in love with the man in front of her. Will she behaved like that? Behaving like an angry girl because her boyfriend picked on her.

            Many had said, that the interaction between his girlfriend with her current co-actor was like brother-sister relationship. He has heard of it. But, the one he saw just now was far from that term. The way Jang Keunsuk cared for his girlfriend out of the filming set was more than a brother will do. Also, the way Park Shinhye reacted to Keunsuk’s affection was a lover will do rather than a sister.

            Cha Daejoon was really sure that there is love between the two, which they realized or not.

            The sudden ring of his phone was the one which distracted his attention from his girlfriend and her co-actor. It was also the sign to wake Keunsuk up from his own world. To remind him, that he was getting ‘watched’ by his co-actor’s boyfriend. He should act like he supposed to be.

            As a senior as well as a brother to the girl named Park Shinhye.

 

***

 

            Keunsuk decided to go to the nearest hotel to get rest after the long filming session rather than went back to his apartment unit. After took a quality time of bathing, dressed in his night robe Keunsuk sat on the soft couch as he began reviewing the script for tomorrow’s shoot.

            It hasn’t reached half of the first page of the script, he sighed. He put the script on the table in front of him. Leaned his tired body to the couch, he looked up on the ceiling of that room. All the emotional issues he got along the filming session earlier began flooding his brain.

            ”Tsk. What have happened to you, Suk-ah?” He mumbled, asking himself.

            I have fallen for her again, his inner self answered.

            ”Babo.” He mumbled, as if replied on his inner’s word earlier. ”More than friends, it won’t end like that, the two of you.” He continued, scolded his own foolishness.

            Keunsuk smiled bitterly after realizing that sentence, got spoken out by himself. He knew it. Too well. Next to her, he’s a friend. But, alone in his head, they’re lovers. His head told him no but he still wanted her.

            ”What should I do to forget you, Hye?”

 

***

 

            Since coming back from the shooting set, Shinhye stayed in her room. Did nothing, other than questioned herself nonstop.

            Even I don’t try, why my heart is racing whenever he’s around?

            It was like he is a shadow she can’t cut off.

            Shinhye buried her face on her pillow. Her right hand clutched on her shirt, right in front of her left chest where her heart beat furiously even though she just remembered about that man. She was afraid, that she can’t hold on to it anymore. Her feeling toward her current co-actor – Jang Keunsuk.

            She shifted her position. She lied on her bed, turned to the left as she looked at the opened window. She began bitting her nail – her old habit.

            All his mannerisms that he showed to her since the first day of the filming have driven her crazy. Shinhye couldn’t say it out loud, but she admitted that she is intoxicated by him. It made her thinking of him even more.

            ”I try to deny it, but it seems that I’m bewitched by you again, Oppa. Why am I like this?”

 

***

--- frame.02 – can’t you see the foolish me? ---

 

***