FRAME 01 - the repeated first times

one FRAME

=== ONE FRAME ===

A short story where both of them... become in one frame - again, shared one feeling which once has been buried deep in their heart

***

            When was the last time they got into the same project? She can’t remembered it clearly. Five years ago? Maybe. That CF project, where they acted as a loving couple spending their time in the most beautiful place in Korea. She suddenly remembered the feeling she had that time. It was like being in date with him, for real, not act. He’s so sweet to her.

            Years has flied up since that time. Many events had happened in those years. Many people she had met in those years.

            ”They are really expecting this one to be a hit drama this year, Shin.”

            She still remembered her manager’s words once she got the drama script. A melodrama kind of story, came from a famous drama scriptwriter. The drama staff members also filled by the renowned names. So, the casts. Before she joined the cast members, that person already hit the jackpot. It’s plausible. That drama, will be his first drama after coming back from his military duty. That drama, will be his first project since his two years absent. Also, that drama will be their reunion after years being apart.

            ”We’re here, Shin.”

            Her manager’s sudden announcement brought her back from her own train of self-narration. She didn’t answer back to her manager’s words as she dutifully pulled off the seatbelt, tidied up her cloth as well as her hair and make-up, then got out from the van. With graceful steps, she walked to the meeting room where she will got her script reading session that sunny day. Once she got into that room, she got greeted by several drama staffs as well as the other casts. The last one was... him. With a surprised look on his handsome face.

            ”Shinhye?!” He called her name with his surprised voice. As fast as he got the surprise, he got back into his calm, collected self in the light speed. He let out his heart-melted smile to her. ”Let’s have a memorable filming together, Hye.”

            She couldn’t reply to that. Even for a word. Only, her awkward smile. After that short greeting, she headed to her seat which intentionally or not was placed across to his. Just then, the script reading was starting. The director and the scriptwriter were the ones who came to introduce first in front of all the drama staffs. Followed by him.

            ”Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Jang Keunsuk. I’ll be portraying the role of Haru. Nice to have a work with you all.” He introduced, finished it with a humble bow in front of all the staffs. The next one was hers.

            ”Annyeonghaseyo, I’ll be portraying Lee Harin’s role. Please to have your guidance.”

            One by one, the other actors introduced themselves as well as their role in that drama. She was conscious enough that the room filled with noises, here and there. But, she felt like in the middle of a quiet place. Only her, and him.

 

***

 

            ”It’s really... long time no see, right... Hye?”

            It was his first question once the reading session was over. With a can of cold coffee offered to her. She mumbled a ‘thanks’ as she accepted the cold drink.

            ”Ah... I thought that now I really feel relieved?”

            ”Why?” For the first time – in that day – she asked him back.

            ”Because you’re by my side.”

            She felt her heart missed a beat once she heard that confession. Not only that. Even her face got warmer, and reflectively she ducked down her head. Her fingers played with her cold drink’s can. She was nervous for unknown reason.

            ”Since this drama will be my first project as well as my comeback drama, I thought that it will be hard at first.” He spoke out his worries, then added. ”Then... it was you, I just... felt at ease.”

            The drama. Of course he was talking about the drama, then what you’ve expected Shinhye?!

            She scolded herself inside her head. He is professional. He could place the business first than his own personal things. It was when she was about to launch another scolding, she stopped even before it started. She stopped once she felt his big, warm hand on her head, ruffled her hair.

            ”Please, take care of me, Hye.”

            She has told herself countlessly, even she has lost count of it. She won't feel it. But, her heart betrayed what her brain commanded to. It beat crazily each time that pair of sharp dark eyes gazed at hers. Each time his hands touched her, each time his low toned voice called her name.

            Why... she should has that kind of feeling when she has promised that her heart won’t beat crazily by other man than her own boyfriend?

 

***

 

            It was the first time for him. To feel both heaven and hell at the same time. Seeing her directly was like got sent up to the sky also got thrown to the deepest hole had ever exist. She was beautiful, just like what he has remembered. Her voice was still becoming the most beautiful rhythm he ever heard in all of his life. Whenever their gaze casted each other, his heart was like screaming out. It beat fast, felt so aching that it almost burst out. That feeling, thanked to that thing, he felt so alive.

            ”I... I’m the one who should say it, Oppa.” Keunsuk got his hand off of her head. He eyed her in silent as he was waiting for her to continue. ”It’s an honor for me to have your guidance, Oppa.”

            ”So, how’s aunt Park? It’s been long since my last visit on her shop.”

            So, he began a small conversation with her. It was like restarting. Their relationship. And he, became the same ‘big bro’ role to her. Or so he told himself to. With the current state, he couldn’t wish for another thing, right? She has become someone else’s lovely girlfriend. All the citizens of Korea or maybe world already knew about it too. He didn’t know if he should admit it or not. But, she looked like a freshly bloomed flower in his eyes. Maybe, it was what they called as ‘love magic’.

            ”We will get busy after this. Keep your spirit and stay healthy, Hye.”

 

***

 

            ”I see that you have no difficulty in dealing with her, Suk.”

            In their way back home from SBC building, his manager said for the first time.

            ”Why I shouldn’t? It’s not like we have a bad experience before.” Keunsuk replied, his eyes glued on the sight outside the car.

            ”Yeah. And I hope you stay like that till the end of this project, or you will...”

            ”I know, Hyung.”

            There was no need for his manager to worry about that thing, right? He already knew it. But, then he thought about it again. Could he last till the end? Even for a brief time being with her, it felt so hard. Then, for almost a quarter of the year – he will spent more times with her, for work to be precise.

            ”Just... see the bright side of this, Suk. I think, you will portrayed your role well enough since your real situation wasn’t so different with your role’s situation, right?”

            That’s right. His role in the upcoming drama – Haru. A successful young film director with gloomy life, has given up to his illness. It was when he has set his last film became his last effort to color up his life that he met the brightest girl he ever met – Lee Harin, whom later succeed in making all of his plans ruined.

            Wasn’t so different, meant... barely same, right?

            He – Jang Keunsuk – whom still had a very small faith in his heart about his love to his co-actor – Park Shinhye – already given up on confessing his love to her as she already became someone else’s girlfriend, and now he met the reality that his dreamt girl appeared right in front of his grasp but he can’t reached out to her.

            Then, wish me luck, Hyung.

 

***

 

            The next day’s schedule was photo shoot for the drama poster. The first set was telling about the lead characters’ image ten years before the prior story. Shinhye dressed in high school uniform, had her long hair got single-braided. She looked so young, even whoever saw her won’t belief if she’s in her early thirties. While Keunsuk portrayed a senior college student, dressed in the stripe knitted sweater and loose pants, added with his artfully-tousled hair and dandy hat.

            Being the bright, cheerful girl, Shinhye made several happy poses at the photo shoot set. While Keunsuk, being the young Haru – showed the indifferent side of his role’s character effortlessly. While waiting for Keunsuk’s solo photo shoot ended as well as for the group photo shoot, Shinhye can’t helped but hearing murmurs from the staffs. Most of it was admiring Keunsuk’s perfect picture – being so young and handsome.

            It was when the second half session of the photo shoot began. Shinhye like seeing Keunsuk was fully transformed into someone else. Shoulder-length tousled hair behind an oversized beanie hat, dark colored turtleneck outfit under trench coat. He even got the artificial thin mustache and beard on his handsome face, made him looked so mature.

            ”Stop staring at me like that, Hye.”

            Or my heart will be blown out for real, he added.

            ”So... sorry.” She motioned it then headed to the photo shoot set.

Keunsuk whom followed her from behind only could draw a small smile. The new style Shinhye had for her character was the most beautiful Shinhye he’d ever seen. She dressed in casual fashion, had her long straight dark hair laid on her back. She looked so lovely, like her pink colored suits.

 

***

 

”I think that this project will be a hit.” Director Ji San – the drama director – said as he stood between the two lead actors. ”Look at those pictures. You two really portrayed your characters greatly.” He added.

”You’re exaggerating things, aren’t you Director Ji?” Keunsuk talked back, then he took a better look on his pictures which got taken at the second half period. ”They made it looked so natural. Even I can’t differentiate the real beard and the fake ones.”

”Hey, the producer has hired the best ones into this project. We won’t disappointed the actors, moreover the viewers.”

Keunsuk chose to leave the director to have a talk with the photo shoot staffs, and had his own break after the long session of photo shoot. It hasn’t reached one minute since he seated there, Shinhye took the vacant seat next to his and offered a cup of coffee to him.

”Good work today, Oppa.”

”You too, Hye.” He replied as he took the coffee from her. Iced americano. She still remembered his favorite coffee.

Click!

It was when he took the first sip of his coffee, he heard it. The one whom sat beside him took a photo of him. With her innocent face.

”What are you doing, just now?” He already knew the answer of that question, yet he still asked it.

”I’m... taking photo of Haru Gamdog-nim took a sip of coffee.” She answered, like a child answered their teacher’s question.

Keunsuk drew a thin smile over his lips. He barely realized his new nickname given by that girl. ”Haru Gamdog-nim? I think that it’s too early for you to call me like that, Hye.” He replied back. Then, out of sudden he leaned closer to her. That sudden act was succeed in making the beautiful Park Shinhye turned into red like a ripe tomato. ”Also, you have to ask for my permission for taking my photo. You already know, that the almighty Haru Gamdog-nim isn’t the type of man whom like to be caught by camera.”

It’s unfair!

She screamed out those words inside her own brain. How he was so smart like that? And, those handsome, mature style he had... it’s just making him looked so perfect. Shinhye felt like she got thrown back into her old days when she stared the hit drama Minami Shineyo. Many said that she was into her character deeply. And, the current situation she had was the same. Even they haven’t started the filming, she felt like she already fused into her character – Lee Harin – whom fell in love from head to toe to the mysterious film director – Haru.

God, please help me!

 

***

--- frame.01 - the repeated first times ---

 

***