I never wanted to be your friend

Memories in Spring
Please log in to read the full chapter

Mingyu sighed as he stared at the bulletin board in defeat. "Not again.." He groaned. 

"What's with that dejected face, dude?" Seokmin chuckled as he slung his arm over his best friend's shoulder. He looked at the list pinted on the board where his friend was looking at. No. 1 Jeon Wonwoo Class 3-2 followed by No. 2 Kim Mingyu Class 3-1.

"Rank 2 again huh.." Seokmin chuckled.

Mingyu lightly punched him in the stomach earning an 'ow' from Seokmin. "You are not helping." Mingyu grumbled.

"What's wrong with rank 2? You are literally the top 2 in our whole grade. At least you are better than me. I'm rank 20 dude." Seokmin tried to cheer him up. 

Before Mingyu could retort, another arm slung over his shoulder. "Ohoh.. The great Kim Mingyu is at second place again." Seungkwan teased. 

Mingyu shrugged his shoulder off from his arm, feeling irritated. "Just go away if you are going to bug me with my ranking."

"You should be happy with your rank. It's enough to apply for the course and the university that you want. I don't know why you need to rank 1. Give yourself some slack, dude."

"That's because the rank 1 is freaking-" 

"Jeon Wonwoo. I get it. After years of competing with him, you should know it's futile right? How many times were you ranked 1? The last time you ranked 1 was because he was sick. Otherwise, it's impossible, dude."

"I'm your hyung, you brat." Mingyu grumbled. 

"Neh.. Neh.. Hyung." Seungkwan stuck out his tongue before he ran away. 

Mingyu chased after him until Seungkwan stopped when he reached a class. Seungkwan then walked into that class. Mingyu frowned as he looked at the class sign. 'Class 3-2'. Mingyu groaned as he walked forward until he reached outside of that class. The class was empty except for a particular student in glasses and his headphones sitting at his desk by the window with his eyes closed. His black hair covered his forehead made him looked young and ethereal. Mingyu gulped at the sight. 

"Yo Wonwoo hyung! Congratulations for being first again." Seungkwan appeared right in front of Wonwoo with a bright smile and patted his shoulder before speaking. 

Wonwoo opened his eyes when he felt a tap on his shoulder and grinned back when he read those words from Seungkwan's lips. He took off his headphones. "What about you?“

"I'm ranked 1 in my whole grade too!" Seungkwan bragged. 

"As expected." Wonwoo laughed. 

Mingyu was surprised hearing Wonwoo laughed. "He laugh.." Mingyu muttered. 

"Hyung is better now, isn't he?" 

Mingyu turned towards the source of the voice. 

Seokmin was staring at him with a knowing look as he smiled before he walked in and joined them. 

Mingyu clenched his fist and he turned to walk away. It's best for him to stay away from Jeon Wonwoo. 

 

It was break time. 

"Oppa, congratulations for being the top again!" A girl gave Mingyu a box of chocolate.

Mingyu opened his mouth to reject it but from the corner of his eye caught his fiancee approaching them so he smiled sweetly instead as he pinched the girl's cheek affectionately. " Thank you for the wonderful gift, babe." 

Other girls started surrounding him with their gifts to congratulate him. 

Suddenly a slam on the table was heard behind the girls startling them. Behind them, was a furious looking girl who looked like a model from a fashion magazine. She's none other than Lee Jieun, the beauty queen of the school and also the fiancee of Kim Mingyu. Many guys were head over heels on her but she paid no attention to them as she only had her eyes on the one in front of her. The guy who was so cold towards her but affectionate to the other girls. She knew it was just a facade so that she could give up on him but still she could not help it when she saw her fiance being so lovey dovey with other girls in front of her. She knew very well the reason he did that. There's someone else who held a very special place in his heart. But she was hoping that one day he could notice her as long as she did not give up. 

"He's mine. Scram off!" 

The girls scrambled away. They were afraid of her knowing who her father was. A very influencial and one of the riches businessman.

Mingyu scoffed. "I'm not a thing."

"Aww, Oppa.. How can you be so bias?“ Jieun pouted as she sat on his desk. She then leaned forward to whisper in his ear. " You never said that when your ex lover said those words before. In fact, you looked proud when your ex lover said those words."

Mingyu glared at her. "That's because I love my ex not you."

Jieun smirked. "Really? Then you shouldn't have broke your ex lover's heart. Look at your ex now.. Your ex could no longer-" 

"Enough!“ Mingyu stood up abruptly causing his chair to fall to the floor. He was fuming with rage. He pointed at her face. " If you said like that about my ex again, I'm going to punch your stupid face!" 

He then left the class. 

He felt his phone vibrating in his pocket. He answered without looking at the caller ID. 

"What?!“ He barked. 

" Whoa, dude. Calm down. Did that diva made you angry again?“ Seokmin's voice was heard from the phone. 

Mingyu closed his eyes and took a deep breath. Something that his ex always taught him when he couldn't control his anger. "Yea.. She pissed me off again."

"That's because you pissed her off."

"Are you on my side or her side? “ Mingyu scowled. 

" Of course yours, bro. Are you coming to the cafeteria or not? We are all here."

"Then I'm not going. Not in the mood to eat anyway after being pissed by her."

Please log in to read the full chapter