Chapter nine :: Breakfast

Trick or Trip

"Good morning everyone," Na PD cheerfully announces as he enters the room while the cast members are having their English-Korean fusion breakfast. Sejeong brought a packet of kimchi and eats it with her beans and eggs, prompting the others to do so too.

"Mmmh, thank God for kimchi. My meals would be incomplete without them," Sohye makes a sandwich out of all the stuff on the plate and adds a generous amount of kimchi onto it. She then proudly shows her 'invention' to the camera and takes a big bite. "Thanks to Sejeong unnie I got to enjoy my breakfast." Sohye says without noticing three pairs of judging eyes shooting imaginary laser beams at her. *I wonder who those 3 people are?? Hmm*

"Did everyone get a good sleep?" Na PD asks them behind the main camera.

"N.." Sohye opens but Changmin beats her to it. "Yes we did, I slept like a baby,"

"Yes, I crashed the moment my head touches the pillow." Haechan smiles widely despite having bare face, which is a big no-no for idols, but he doesn't even mind because he just hates getting stuff caked onto his face.

"I see you managed to have a big breakfast, which amazes me. Did you go shopping this morning?" Na PD asks them. He had a mental picture that their first morning would be somewhat miserable, and the casts would complain that the crews are not feeding them. He had packets of Ramyeon for them just in case but seeing what was on the table impressed him.

"Last night at 2 a.m. actually. Jisoo wanted to go alone but me and Taeyong tagged along." Yunho reveals to them, making sure to emphasize their names. Gosh he sounds like an angsty teenager.

"Good job Jisoo ssi. That's the spirit of taking care of each other. I believe that you will keep this up throughout the whole trip." Na PD praises her. Actually he knew about the whole 'late night shopping' because the staffs were monitoring the casts 24 hour through the cameras. He let them go on their own last night so the interactions would be natural.

"Hyung I didn't know you were out last night, you should've woken me up." Haechan felt bad for the older member.

"Haechan ah, just be thankful you managed to sleep in," Taeyong calmly tells him sparing him the details.

"After breakfast we will divide you into two group so you could travel in two cars. You'll find out soon how we're going to split you up," Na PD informs them. For the casts members who are familiar with his shows, this is not a surprise anymore.

One by one the casts are instructed to enter a designated van. They must choose between two identical looking van. The only difference is the sticker of Jennie and Jisoo placed on the hood of each vehicle.

"Tricky choice indeed," Jisoo says to her personal cameraman. "I have to choose between Jennie and myself? It will be too obvious if I'm in Jisoo van right? My pick is.. Jennie!" she points to the left and walks up to the door. She's surprised that the van is empty. Which means Jennie, Taeyong, Changmin and Haechan who had their turns before her, were in the other van bearing her sticker. Now she's joined by the blur Sohye, who wonder why is Jisoo in the car instead when it's Jennie's face plastered in front. Not long after that, Sejeong slides in with a slight disappointed look on her face. The two person she least want to be with are the ones welcoming her instead.

"Yeay we're together again!" Sohye cheers on and grabs Sejeongs hand like she's been expecting her. "I think my telepathy worked, unnie!" she puts both fingers on her temples while making a serious face to the camera.

The last person to choose is going to be Yunho. Jisoo peeps from the backseat to see where he's heading, hoping that he'll go to the other van. She's still nervous around him despite the small interactions they had earlier. The variety veteran knew exactly where to go, but puts on an act in front of the camera as if he's torn between the two options. He finally choose....  ;-)