Chapter three :: Greetings

Trick or Trip

"Hello. Let me introduce myself. My name is Na Yong Suk or you can call me Na PD. This is my assistant Shin PD. Welcome to Trick or Trip."

"Before we start, we need to confiscate all your mobile phones and money. All expenses will be provided by us." The members hesitantly give up their phones and wallets to Shin PD.

"I'm sure you have many questions to ask. Before that, let's get to know each other." It is indeed Na PD's expertise to trick the cast members of his shows.

"I'm TVXQ's Yunho. Nice to meet you." The most senior idol member takes the first step by greeting the staffs and casts.

"I'm TVXQ's Changmin. Hope this trip goes well." Changmin adjusts his baseball cap, after bowing to the cameras.

"Hi, my name is Jisoo from Blackpink! I'm glad to be chosen as part of this show and I hope we could get along well." Jisoo gives a warm smile to the staffs, trying to somehow brighten the tensed atmosphere.

"My name is Jennie." Jennie grabs Jisoo's hand tightly not knowing what to say. "I don't know what to expect but please take good care of me." Jennie shyly bows.

"I'm Taeyong from NCT. Please take good care of me." Taeyong introduces himself. "And this is my fellow member Haechan," he signals the confused boy to stand up.

"Hello, I'm Donghyuk. My stage name is Haechan. Nice to meet you." Haechan calms down after seeing familiar faces among the casts.

"Hello everyone! I'm Sohye from I.O.I." The girl with bright yellow shades and matching summer dress eagerly jumps up.

"And I'm Sejeong, also from I.O.I.! Thank you for inviting us to this show! We'll show you our bright side and be the happy pills for this show. Fighting!" Kim Sejeong, or known as God-Sejeong among the public, the expert variety star perfectly introduces herself. The casts even clap after she sits down.

"I believe some of you are confused why you are dragged here. Let me explain the concept of our show."

"Just like the name of this show, Trick or Trip, you'll embark on a journey that's not quite the norm. The aim is to experience unexpected turn of events and yet enjoy your trip. We also believe the selected members are willing to cooperate and make the most of your trip. We'll give each of you a certain amount of money every 10 days and its up to you to manage it. Here's 2 iPads for communication." Na PD hands them the device. Yunho and Changmin swiftly accept them.

"So we need to plan everything on our own?" Sejeong asks.

"Yes. Hotels, travel plans and transportations, you gotta do it on your own." Shin PD answers. "We only provide your flight tickets,"

"What?" Sohye was tricked into believing that they are heading to a luxury tropical island by their manager. "Where are we heading to?"

"Iceland!" Na PD answers.

Yunho pauses his conversation with Changmin.

Taeyong whips his head at Na PD.

Haechan hangs his mouth open.

Sohye drops her sunnies.

Sejeong's bright smile disappears.

Jennie slaps her forehead.

Jisoo blinks in confusion.

"First stop on the list, Reykjavik"

"I wonder how many tricks the staffs have under their sleeves," Jennie whispers in a low voice. Reality finally sinks in as they are waiting in line to board the flight.

"I'm sorry you got dragged into this." Jisoo apologized to her once again. She would rather have Lisa instead because she rarely complains.

"I'll make Manager Park pay for this. Did you see the way he sends us off? Smiling like he's done something heroic? I'm so close to kicking his a.." Jennie clenches her fist tightly while breathing in and out.

"Woaa.. woaa, calm down Unnie!" Haechan was standing close to the girls and heard everything.

"Unnie?" Jennie is not amused at him.

"Hi, my name's Haechan. Let me join your Manager haters club, unnie."

Jisoo and Jennie finally understood that the poor boy was also tricked by his manager with a blatant lie. He left the dorm without his phone, thinking they'll just make a quick stop and back to the dorm. He only had two forgotten 20,000 Won stashed in the pocket of his jeans and even that was taken away.

"Poor you. No, poor us." Jennie eyes the other two girls, Sohye and Sejeong who seemed like happy kids without the slightest bit of worry.

"I overheard that they found out about the trick beforehand from their manager. So that explains their attitude." Haechan intervenes like a nosy housewife.

"How? So they knew and were prepared for it?" Jennie shifts her focus to the Haechan.

"Certainly! Na PD was furious at their manager for spilling the beans. You don't wanna see how badly the manager got scolded." Now Haechan temporarily forgot their early dispute and continues to narrate the incident he witness after Na PD took the NCT boys away.

"Tell us more," Jisoo leans closer to Haechan, and bumps into Taeyong.

Taeyong just shakes his head at how quick Haechan got acquainted with the girls over their common misfortune. On one hand, he's glad Haechan is tagging along with him. With his shy persona, he would never be able to get close to the girls.

 

*Goodluck with that Girl phobia Taeyong.*