Chapter four :: Flight

Trick or Trip

The 8-member cast make their way into the aircraft with a personal mini camera each. The sitting arrangements are according to their names in alphabetical order. Changmin – Haechan on the left; Jennie – Jisoo – Sejeong – Sohye in the middle seats; Taeyong – Yunho on the right.

Na PD approaches them with a bright smile and wishes them a good flight. Before that, he makes a surprise announcement that there will be a 'Tour Leader' among the casts, someone who will be in charge of planning and organizing the group. This person will be chosen randomly among them once the flight makes a short layover in Amsterdam.

The younger members couldn't help but feel nervous as they may be chosen to be the Leader.

"Get some rest," Yunho puts on a sleeping mask and leans comfortably.

Taeyong nodded immediately. He wants to ask him some questions but the older member plugs in his huge headphones over his head.

Taeyong glances over to Haechan and sees him animatedly talking with Changmin, his seat partner. That boy is truly a social butterfly, who doesn't hesitate to make friends with everyone he meets.

"Unnie! Have you watched this movie? Lets watch it!" Haechan is now bothering Jennie.

"Boy, are you having some kind of identity crisis? You've been calling me Unnie since we first met."

"It's because you're savage, Jennie Unnie. The rest are Noonas to me."

"What kinda bullcr@P are you implying?"

"Shh, mind your language Jennie." Jisoo's ear perks up at the foul language coming from Jennie's mouth.

"See, that's my Unnie! Respect!" Haechan gives Jennie a thumbs up for speaking her mind. She is quite a character the moment Haechan laid eyes on her, which was last year when he debuted and met Blackpink backstage. It was an outdoor music festival in Busan. Back then it rained heavily during rehearsal and the girls omitted the dance move while lying on the floor, as told by their dance teacher. Because of this the Stage manager scolded the girls harshly for not performing well. Jennie strongly disagreed, causing a heated argument because he's adamant on them sticking to original choreo.

Every rookies out there would never dare say a word when they are intimidated but Jennie is a rare case. Haechan couldn't forget how she stood up for Blackpink's manager who got yelled at instead. The incident was quietly settled when the senior PD of the show sided with Jennie, saying that it's not a big deal.

Turns out that the Stage PD has quite a bad reputation and has been lashing out at younger idols every chance he gets. Shortly after that, he's transferred to another department to the joy of many idols.

"Would you wipe that grin off your face?" She tosses a gummy bear which hits Haechan right on his forehead.

"Ouch! Unnie!" he whines but happily takes the fallen gummy bear and eats it.

"I'm asking you which movie should we watch?"

"Wonder Woman!"

"Hmm, okay!" Jennie tries to mock his choice but the boy happily takes the remote from Jennie and presses the channel of the movie for her.

Jisoo wiggles her eyebrow at Jennie but Jennie scoffs at her playful teasing. 'Bear with it. You still have 30 days.' Jennie shuts her eyes while taking a deep breath.

"Don't sleep Unnie! It's starting!" Jennie glares at him while Jisoo lets out a laugh. 'Haechan, you poor naïve thing,' Jisoo takes a quick glance at both of them and turns away.

"So, how did you end up being here?" Sejeong interrupts Jisoo who's reading.

"I was personally contacted by TVN last week for a casting interview. I guess that's how I sort of end up in this program." Jisoo recalls her interview with Shin PD.

"Last week? Wow you guys must be really special. I had to beg my agency to let me join this program. And that was about 2 months ago and I went through 3 rounds of interviews before being shortlisted as the potential casts." Sejeong informs her.

"Huh? Are we talking about the same show? I was told it was a last minute thing that I was chosen because they haven't found anyone yet."

"That's not true. There were so many of us during the casting, but I don't remember seeing the any of you there." Sejeong signals at the boys.

Jisoo wasn't sure what she's trying to imply and the tone of the conversation is getting more cynical.

"Perhaps that's how broadcasting works huh, we never know what goes on behind closed doors." Sejeong ends their talk because Jisoo grew quiet.

After 5 minutes of awkward silence between the girls, Jisoo finally opens . "Umm, you don't seem nervous at all. Don't you feel that we could be tricked again once we land?"

"This is what I signed up for. And I believe you agreed to this too. I don't see the point of getting so worked up by petty tricks that are bound to happen. That's the purpose of this show, and I'm gonna make the most out of it."

"That's the most reassuring conversation I had. I felt bad for Jennie who fell into this trick. What makes Sohye, your partner so calm? Don't you feel bad for her?"

Sejeong snickers at the girl who is in a deep sleep beside her. "Trust me, she may be my least favourite member but she's the easiest to work with."

"Oh? What makes you say that?" Jisoo couldn't believe Sejeong straight up said that about Sohye.

"She's dumb." She nonchalantly reveals. "Sohye still believes we're leaving for a photoshoot with other idols for a few days. Her only confusion was whether it is hot in Iceland, because she was told by our manager we'll go somewhere warm."

"But I thought your manager accidentally spilled the secret to you girls." Jisoo recalls what Haechan told her earlier.

"Oh you mean the thing between Na PD and manager Oppa? Well technically Sohye was supposed to come empty handed but our manager made a mistake by checking in both our stuffs." Sejeong explains.

"It wasn't my fault so Na PD couldn't do anything. On the bright side, I don't need to share my clothes with her, that's a relief."

"Lucky you,"

"Indeed."