Chapter 13

Please Wait For Me
The next day, Lora woke up with a headache. After waking up, she quickly looked around. She became very confused.

“How did I get here?” Lora asked herself.

The last thing that she can remember was that Hana and their other friends had left her with two boys they had met at the club. They wanted to dance but she refused, so she was left sitting at the table with their new acquaintances. Then the boys started to give her drinks and she just took one sip and that was all she could remember.

The door suddenly opened and the old housekeeper came in.

“Good! You're already awake. They are all waiting for you. It is lunch time already dear. You must be starving. Jonathan said that I should just let you rest. So I didn't wake you up to have breakfast.

Are you all right?” the housekeeper asked after seeing Lora's expression. She was still very confused on what happened to her at the club.

“How did I get here? I mean who brought me home?” Lora asked the housekeeper.

“Well. . . .those boys. . . .your brother's friends, they are the one who brought you home. U-Know was the one who carried you up to your room,” the old woman answered.

Lora suddenly became more confused. Why did U-Know brought me home? She asked herself. And how did he know where I was? She asked herself again.

“Well, better hurry. They are waiting,” the old woman said again.

“Yes, I'll be down in a minute. Thank you,” Lora said again.

The old woman left the room, leaving Lora still asking herself many questions.

“I think this is going to be trouble,” Lora suddenly said with a sigh. She knew that her brother would not let her get away with what she had done without any discussion. She immediately went downstairs after fixing herself up.

“Good morning! I won't ask if you had a nice sleep because I already know that you didn't,” Jonathan immediately greeted Lora with sarcasm.

Lora tried to smile. She was feeling very light-headed. She quickly sat down beside Kyle

“I hope you learned your lesson. You know you can't drink anything alcoholic,” Kyle suddenly said.

“Kyle . . . .” Lora said as if a warning.

“Why? Did I say something wrong?” Kyle suddenly asked with a smile.

“I already called Hana and asked about the boys you were with last night,” Jonathan suddenly said.

“You did what?” Lora suddenly asked in an angry tone.

“Well, I have a right to know. . . . How can you be so careless as to accept drinks from guys that you just met?” Jonathan asked as if irritated.

“I . . . .don't know. Maybe I was a little too distracted with some thing yesterday,” Lora suddenly answered.

“Distracted? With what? Good thing that U-Know decided to go and look for you. If he didn't show up, who knows in what place you will wake up to,” Jonathan said.

Lora didn't know what to say. She couldn't look at U-Know because she was afraid of what she would see in his eyes. She didn't want to see his reaction. She was afraid that her cold heart would somehow melt.

“Well, I didn't ask him to look for me,” Lora suddenly said.

The DBSK boys looked at U-Know's reaction. He was still looking silently at Lora. His face was still expressionless.

“Lora . . . .you're crossing the line, young lady,” Jonathan suddenly shouted.

“What do you want me to say? Thank you? Okay . . . . Oppa, thank you. So are you happy now, dear brother? “ Lora asked with sarcasm.

“Hey! We're about to eat . . . .Can you please stop arguing?” Kyle suddenly said.

Lora looked at Kyle. She then smiled. She then went to Jonathan and hugged him from behind.

“Sorry . . . .Jonathan. I know I was out of line. Can you forgive your very silly sister?” she asked.

“Only if you promise to never do it again,” Jonathan said.

“Okay, I promise,” she quickly answered.

Then Lora finally looked straight at U-Know.

“Oppa . . . .thank you. And thank you to all of you also. I know searching for me must have been very tiring,” she said with a smile.

“Oh, it's nothing,” Xiah immediately replied.

“But can I ask how did you know where I was?” Lora suddenly asked.

The DBSK boys didn't know what to answer.

“I told them where you were,” Jonathan suddenly answered for them.

“And how exactly did you know where I was?” Lora asked Jonathan with one eyebrow raised.

“I know you only go to the best clubs and restaurants. So I just guessed,” Jonathan lied.

“Oh . . . .” Lora said. She somehow satisfied with Jonathan's answer.

Jonathan let out a long sigh.

After eating, the DBSK boys, Jonathan and Kyle were in the living room watching a movie when Lora suddenly entered. She was dressed up again. U-Know's heart was beating very fast. He didn't like the idea that Lora was going out again.

“And where do you think you are going?” Jonathan suddenly asked Lora.

“Didn't I tell you that Shiro is coming to Korea today? I am meeting him in the airport,” Lora quickly answered.

Jonathan suddenly smiled. “Sorry, I forgot. So when is Shiro's flight?” Jonathan asked.

“He'll be arriving a little after 3 pm. So I have to leave now,” Lora said with a smile.

“Are you sure that you're okay? How about we just let the driver be the one to pick him up?” Jonathan asked.

“No. . . .I said I will meet him,” Lora protested.

“Fine . . . .Just make sure that you bring the driver with you,” Jonathan said.

“Okay . . . .” Lora replied.

“So I never got the chance to ask you . . . .Where is this Shiro staying?” Jonathan said.

“Well . . . .he's staying in a hotel. . . . He won't be staying here. So you don't have to worry,” Lora suddenly said.

“Well, I am not worried at all. I just wanted to know so I could make the maids prepare a room for him,” Jonathan said.

“He said that he is staying in a hotel. He's already booked a room. So you don't have to worry,” Lora answered.

“What time are you leaving?” Kyle suddenly asked.

“I am leaving right now. Why?” Lora asked.

“Nothing. And what time are you coming back?” Kyle asked again.

Lora looked at Kyle. She can't understand why Kyle was asking her such questions.

“Why are you asking?” Lora asked.

“Nothing. But you said that we were going to watch a movie tonight, remember?” Kyle said.

Lora suddenly smiled. “Oh....I'm sorry. I forgot. I don't think I can watch a movie with you tonight. I promised Kyle that I will be having dinner with him tonight,” she answered.

“You're having dinner with him?” Jonathan asked.

“Yes,” she answered.

“Where?” Jonathan asked again.

Lora smiled. “I don't know,” she answered.

“Are you sure that you're all right now? You were very drunk last night. You shouldn't be going out today. You should just rest,” Max said with concern.

Lora smiled at Max. “You know you're very sweet. Thank you for caring. But I have to go. Don't worry about me. I have already taken some medication to help with the headache and the hang over,” she answered.

Xiah. Jaejoong, Max and Micky all looked at U-Know. They suddenly became worried about him. They knew that he was hurting.

Jonathan also looked at U-Know. He pitied his friend. “Well . . . .I think you should go already. You don't want to be late,” he said to Lora.

Lora quickly gave Jonathan a kiss on the cheek. And she bade goodbye to everybody.

After Lora left, U-Know became very quiet. The other DBSK members immediately noticed him. They were left all alone in the house. Jonathan also left because he had a meeting to attend to and Kyle went to a mall.

“Hyung . . . . How about we just leave?” Max suddenly asked U-Know.

“Leave? What do you mean leave?” U-Know asked.

“Well. . . .We are starting to think that it was a bad idea coming here in the first place. So we figured that maybe we should just leave,” Max said.

“Leave? Leave?” U-Know started to ask himself.

“U-Know, we know what you are going through. And frankly we don't want to see you get hurt anymore. So we suggest that we should just leave,” Micky said.

“I don't want to leave,” U-Know said. “I will finish my two weeks vacation here and that is that,” he added.

The other DBSK members just looked at U-Know. They knew the main reason that he didn't want to leave was because of Lora. But seeing U-Know get hurt more and more was also hurting them. They love and cared for U-Know like their own brother. How they all wished that if they could only help him, then everything might turn out all right.

“Hyung . . . why is it that you don't want to leave? We can see that staying here is bringing you so much pain. So why do you still want to stay?” Max asked.

U-Know looked at Max.

“I only have two weeks to be with her. Then after that I don't even know when I will be able to see her or if I will ever see her again. Even staying here is bringing me heartaches. I am willing to bear it. Just as long as I am near her . . . .and I can see her . . . I am also happy,” U-Know suddenly stopped talking and looked at his friends. “Please let me have my two weeks of happiness with her.”

Jaejoong, Xiah, Max and Micky were really sad for U-Know. Ever since they became a group, they have been helping and taking care of one another as if they were all brothers. But now seeing U-Know so down makes them feel so useless and powerless. They want to help him, but they don't know how, which makes all four of them very frustrated.

Jaejoong let out a long sigh. “Very well. If you really want to stay. Then let's all stay. But what will you do when that Shiro guy starts to show up? You'll surely be hurt again and again. Are you really sure you still want to stay?” he asked asked.

“Yes, I still want to stay,” U-Know quickly answered.

“I just hope you really know what you are doing,” Xiah suddenly said.

U-Know looked at his friends' faces. He can see the concern in their eyes. He was still very lucky, he thought to himself. He had such good friends.

Time passed and it was already 7 o' clock in the evening. Jonathan and Kyle have already both arrived.
They were already eating dinner when Lora arrived.

“Hello! We can still join you guys for dinner right?” Lora said as she entered the dining room.

Everybody looked at Lora's direction. She was with Shiro.

Jonathan smiled. “Hello! I thought you said the two of you were having dinner together?”

“Well . . . .Shiro said that he would like to meet you,” Lora answered.

“Oh . . . .really?” Jonathan uttered.

“Good evening to all of you . . . .I am Shiro Yamagata,” the man said with a smile. He was about 6'0 tall, good-looking and was somehow very formal.

U-Know's heart suddenly pounded. He looked at Lora and Shiro for a very long time. Jaejoong noticed him and suddenly decided to break the silence.

“Hello . . .I'm Jaejoong. So you're a Japanese?” he said with a smile.

“Yes,” Shiro answered.

“Well, sit down,” Jonathan finally said.

Lora and Shiro sat down beside one another. Shiro was very sweet and caring with Lora. He carefully pulled out the chair that Lora was about to sit on. He was even helping Lora select the foods she wanted to eat.

The DBSK boys just watched as Shiro showered Lora with all the love and affection a guy could ever give to a girl.

While they were all eating, Jonathan started asking Shiro some questions.

“I hope you don't mind me asking Shiro. But what do you do for a living?” Jonathan asked seriously.

“Well . . . . I am an architect for a big company back in Japan,” Shiro answered.

“So how long have you been working? I learned from Kyle that you're 23 right?” Jonathan asked again.

“Yes . . . .I'm 23. I've been working as an architect for the past two years. But I have been working and helping manage my father's company for six years now,” Shiro replied.

“Your father's company? So you mean you're working at your father's company?” Jonathan asked curiously.

“Yes . . . .” Shiro replied again.

“I see . . . . Well, I am also taking care of my late father's company now. Maybe Lora has told you?” Jonathan said.

“Yes, she has,” Shiro answered.

“Oh . . . .then let's all continue eating then. I'm sorry if I am being too inquisitive,” Jonathan said to Shiro.

“It's all right. Frankly . . . .that's why I wanted to meet you. So you could ask me anything you want and so you can see that I am very serious with your sister,” Shiro said.

Jaejoong, Xiah, Max and Micky almost choked on what they were eating after hearing what Shiro said. He was very frank about his feelings for Lora. They immediately looked at U-Know's reaction. He was still eating as if he heard nothing.

“Really . . . .now?” Jonathan uttered.

“I know that you may think that I am way too old for her. And I know she's only sixteen. But I am willing to wait for a few more years. I have already fallen in love with your sister from the very first time I met her in Japan. Ever since then I can't stop thinking about her,” Shiro said.

The other DBSK boys couldn't help but admire Shiro. He was a very honest man. They could tell that he was saying the truth judging by the way he talked and moved. Again . . . .they pitied U-Know. They couldn't even start to imagine how hurt he was right at that moment.

After dinner, Shiro bade goodbye to everybody. He was going back to his hotel.

Lora returned to the living room where all the boys were, after Shiro left.

“So that guy is Shiro? Are you serious with him? Are you really sure that you like him?” Jonathan asked continuously.

“Why are you asking me so many questions all of a sudden?” Lora asked with a smile.

“I can see that you're already close with him, so I am asking,” Jonathan answered.

“Oh . . . .” Lora uttered.

“I hope you haven't answered him yet,” Kyle suddenly said.

“Kyle . . . .why are you like that? You don't like Shiro, is that it?” Lora asked Kyle.

“Frankly . . . .I don't,” Kyle quickly answered.

Lora laughed, then giggled. She quickly hugged Kyle.

“My baby's jealous . . . .” she teased.

“No, I'm not,” Kyle protested.

U-Know felt he was the one being very jealous. Lora was hugging Kyle tightly that it was making him mad.

“Don't worry . . . Even if I have a dozen boyfriends, you will always be my very special best friend,” she said with a smile. Then she quickly gave Kyle a kiss on the cheek.

U-Know was already feeling like he was going to explode. He had been controlling his emotions ever since Shiro showed up and now he was on the brink of blowing up, especially after seeing Lora kiss Kyle on the cheek.

U-Know suddenly stood up. He had decided that he had enough already.

“I'm sorry . . . .but I'm quite tired already. I'll be going to my room now . . . .Good night,” U-Know suddenly said.

Everybody in the room just stared at U-Know. The other DBSK boys knew why he was leaving.

“Well . . . .good night to you too,” Jonathan said.

As U-Know was going up to his room, his mind was already spinning. He couldn't think straight. His heart was beating very fast.

Once inside his room, he suddenly grabbed the pillows on his bed and threw them as hard as he could. He felt very weak. He slowly sat down on the side of the bed and started to cry.

The pain he was feeling was just too unbearable. It was driving him mad. He thought that he could handle seeing Lora with Shiro, but he was wrong. He loved Lora very much. And seeing her with Shiro and Kyle was like total hell for him.

Alone in his room . . .U-Know cried. It was the only thing he could do to ease the pain that he was feeling. “This is what I get for losing her. I have to bear the pain. I only have eleven days left to be with her. I have to hold on. . . . I want to be with her, even for the last time,” he said to himself over and over again.