ch. 2 ~ my story ~

In Actuality

*riiinngg* *riiinngg *riiinngg*

"....mmuuh..." You groaned.

*riiinngg* *riiinngg *riiinngg*

"UUUggggghhhhh" You heaved out as you reached for your phone.

Seeing the caller ID quickly made you realize it was your work calling you. Most likely because it was way passed the time you were supposed to be there, and you didn't tell them you weren't coming in today because of your ankle....and just everything that happened yesterday.

"H-hello?" You answered, not trying to sound like you just woke up. 

"Hey Y/N!" It was your coworker and best friend Eunae who worked with you at the receptionist desk calling. "Are you not coming in today? You feeling okay? Our boss asked me to call you just in case since we didn't hear anything from you last night or this morning about calling in. Need me to bring you anything?" She kept asking.

"Oh noo thank you." You smiled, releasing a sigh as you felt relieved to hear her sweet and caring voice. "I'm okay though, I just twisted my ankle yesterday by....umm....going up the stairs in my shoes. Remember the ones I wore yesterday with the heels?" You tried to lie.

"Riiiiiigghhttttt sooo I'll tell the boss that and I'll be coming over after work to hear the actual story." She said, hearing right through you. There were many reasons she was your bestie, and that was one of them. "I'll bring you something to eat on my way over there okay?"

"You don't have to-" *click*

She was always so giving, and persistent.

You looked at the time to see it was already 11 am. 'Wow I slept a looongg time. Well actually, I don't even know when I got home last night though.' You thought, reminicing about last nights events.

You decided it was more than late enough to be getting out of bed, so you wiggled out, trying your best to not move your ankle too much, since as you became more awake, the pain became more prevalent.

You did your usual routine of brushing your teeth, washing your face, brushing your hair, and the rest of that stuff, all while hopping around with most of your weight on one leg. You hopped over to the kitchen to make the usual morning coffee and breakfast. After looking at your fridge, pantry, and various fruits sitting on the counter, you decided after such an eventful night that toast was the best option.

You prepared a wonderful caramel macchiato yourself, which you usually thought was delicious, but after trying the one from the cafe last night, it stood no match. The toast you topped with banana slices and honey and sat down in front of your T.V. ready to feast whenever you heard your doorbell ring.

You hobbled over to the screen by the door that showed who was at your door, and it was your broad shouldered savior, Jin.

'Jin!.....OMG JIN!!' You thought as you realized how you looked. No make-up, only brushed hair, not styled. Still in your pajamas you were planning on wearing all day. You heard the doorbell again.

'Y/N? Are you home?" You heard him say through the screen. You decided to just screw it and hobbled to the door.

You opened the door and looked up. "Hi Jin!"

"Hi Y/N." He said warmly. "Did I just wake you up? I'm sorry!"

"Oh no I woke up.....a while ago I was just chilling about to eat, would you like to come in?" You replied, feeling bad for keeping him out in the cold of the apartment hallway with no A/C.

"Sure if that's okay." He asked.

"Of course, please come in." You replied and hopped back to let him in.

"Is your ankle still hurting?? Let me help!" He said as he rushed to you, grabbed your waist tightly and lifted you over the step of your entrance where the shoes were placed, quickly took his shoes off, and helped you to the couch.

"Jin thank you I'm sorry you have to keep doing that." You replied, feeling embarassed. "Do you want me to get you anything? A drink or a snack? Did you eat lunch?" You asked, feeling bad he helped you before you offered him anything.

"If I do want anything, I'll grab it myself, you stay!" He replied, opening your fridge, taking a water, and then grabbing the last toast left in the toaster and went to you in the living room.

"I'm so glad you said that, my ankle still really hurts lowkey." You replied, also relieved he can make himself at home so easily.

"Ya for sure. So anyways, that's why I'm here, just to make sure you're doing okay, but it seems like not much has improved." He stated, looking at your ankle with worry. "At least the swelling has gone down." He leaned closer to it to get a better look, and at the same time you leaned over to where you placed your toast and grabbed the plate. Jin looked over to see what you were grabbing but froze. "W-wha-" He said, blushing, staring.

"What?" You replied, looking over to him, seeing his stare, and looking to where he was staring: your shirt. Not just your shirt though, but the way your shirt was big and loose, and in a v-neck, so as you leaned down, your shirt went down with it, and exposed what was underneath.

Nothing. Since you preferred sleeping braless since you wore one all day at work.

You looked up at him, realizing he was still staring, and threw your couch pillow at him.

"OMG JIN I'm so sorry!! I wasn't expecting you and so I couldn't get ready I'll go right now-" You started but you heard Jin yell "No! You'll hurt your ankle it's okay I'll just uhh.....not look!" He replied as he looked away, ears red still.

"Jin I'm sorry!" You placed a hand on his shoudler and he jumped, causing you to jump and yell "Jin!"

"Okay...how about this, I'll wrap myself in this couch blanket, and then we can chat normally, hm?" You heaved out, suddenly feeling tired again.

"O-okay....tell me when to look." He replied, ears still red.

You grabbed the blanket from the couch and wrapped your top half up and tapped Jin on the back. He slowly turned around and let his eyes meet you last.

"Better?" You asked, appreciating how gentalmanly he kind of handled that.

"Better." he said, slowly looking at your chest to double check and looking back up at your eyes.

"So what were we talking about?" You stated, trying to get everything back to normal. "Oh right! My ankle."

"Yea, are you going to go to the doctor?" He replied.

"Yea I think I'll schedule an appointment for tomorrow. I'll call off work maybe two more days to let it heal." You explained.

"Oh okay well that's good. I can take you if you want." He replied, nonchallantly, taking a bite of his toast. You did the same with yours. You both sat in silence, just chewing, enjoying the background noise of the T.V. "Wait what?! You don't have to do that!! I can ask my friend she's coming over later." You explained with your mouth full. "Okay okay." He chuckled. "Just let me know."

Once you finished your bite, you asked, "So what about the shop? Did you close it to check up on me today? I'm sorry for any business you're losing because of me."

"No it's not your fault at all!! You remember how sometimes I ask my friends to help me out if I have errands to run?" He replied. You nodded your head and he continued, "Well today I asked one of my friends to watch it for a bit so I can visit you." He stated.

"Oh okay that's good. I'd love to visit again if I could, I can't get that caramel macchiato out of my head and tastebuds." You replied. Your mind drifted to what Jin said about his friends watching the shop. Maybe it was the guy who was there yesterday talking to him when you went to the restroom.

"Y/N?? Y/N!" Jin yelled to you, trying to get your attention.

You shook your head out of your trance and didn't realize you had drifted off. "I'm sorry Jin, I was thinking of something and didn't hear anything you said." You explained.

"It's okay we all do that. I was just saying that you reminded me that I brought you a caramel macchiato from the cafe! I forgot I left it by the door because I had rushed in to help you, so it might be a bit cold by now." He repeated.

"Omg no way!"You shoved the caramel macchiato you had made earlier to the side and lunged for the one Jin was carrying back to you from the doorway.

"Want me to reheat it?" He asked. Even though he asked he was already on his way to the microwave.

"Do I even get the choice haha" You replied, looking at Jin's back, feeling very warm inside, appreciating how nice he's been to you after you've known him for about 2 days now.

'Maybe I.....like him???' You thought to yourself. He continued rustling around the kitchen, waiting for the microwave to go off, and you went through your head of what you liked about him. You realized the biggest pro was that you both could be so comfortable around each other. He was able to feel at home in your house, and when you both first met, you talked for hours. And he also liked coffee as much as you did. But you've also only known him for 2 days. Not even two whole days.

He came back with the drink and held it out for you. You grabbed it from him and thanked him. And then again...more silence. Just chewing, sipping, and T.V. noises. But, it wasn't awkward. Like you two knew each other enough for it not to be awkward.

"Soooooo Y/N?" Jin asked suddenly.

"Hmm??" You replied as you were mid-sip with the love of your life: caramel macchiato from Jin's cafe.

"Do you live here alone?" He asked. "Just trying to get to know you better! You don't have to tell me if you don't want to!"

"No it's okay! I understand haha. Yes, I live here alone. My best friend Eunae is here pretty often though so it doesn't get too lonely, and the ahjumma's next door are very sweet and always bringing me over food when they make some." You replied.

"Aww that's so nice!" Jin replied. "I live alone too, and as you know, I also tend to the cafe as well. I love it." He stated with a warm smile.

"I'm happy to hear you've found something you love to do!" You replied, a bit sadly.

"Why the long face?" Jin asked, noticing. "Are you not working with something you love now?"

"Honestly.....no." You responded sadly, giving a sad smile into your almost empty cup, making you even more sad.

"Why is that? If you don't mind me asking." Jin said.

"I dunno honestly. I feel like I'm just going with the flow. Don't laugh but, I've always wanted to own a flower shop./cafe." You replied, blushing.

"WOW REALLY?!?!?!?" Jin exclaimed, surprised. "That's SO COOL! How come?"

"Well, I love coffee, and have always been fond of flowers, how they each grow different in some type of way and how they can represent us." You replied warmly, taking your final sip of your caramel macchiato after.

After placing the cup down next to your half eaten toast, you layed back on the arm rest of the couch.

"Aaahh sorry Jin, that got a bit sappy." You stated, placing your arm over your eyes, and the other holding your blanket together to cover your shirt.

"It's okay! I don't mind, thank you for sharing. Really." He replied, smiling with those plump lips of his.

"Can I stop by again tomorrow? I'll bring more coffee and snacks this time." He asked.

"Well I can't say no to that." You replied, laughing.

"Okay! And I think I'll head out from here, I don't want to take too much of your time, and I'm worried about my baby." Jin stated.

"B-BABY?!?!" You shouted, sitting up.

"Uhh duh?? My cafe?" Jin replied, getting up with a smirk and heading to the door.

"You are the worst." You snickered. "Here I'll see you out!" You said as you got up and began to hobble to the front door.

"No don't force yourself!" Jin rushed over and sat you back on the couch. "I'll see myself out! I'll see you tomorrow, 'kay?"

"Alright, see you tomorrow." You replied.

With that he left and shut the door. You began thinking about your conversation earlier, about working with something we love. Being honest with yourself, at the moment, life felt a bit boring. You were finished with school already, and your job now payed well, and had great people working there, like Eunae.

You hoped eventually you'd get to the flower shop/cafe scenario, but right now just didn't seem right.

Something was missing.

Then you remembered the phone number and name you got yesterday. 'Dang I should have asked Jin if he knew who it was!' You thought.

Well, there's only one way to find out.

*message sent*

 

 

 

 

 

 

+ i have come to realize after all this, that ive written this fic kind of opposite to what i originally thought LOL. i usually have a few notes of the basic plot, and when i write, i get more into detail. well, we'll see how it goes ;) hope you enjoy and as always: love yourself +