Ch. 1 ~ we met ~

In Actuality

It's the start of winter in Seoul, South Korea. It's just beginning to get cold enough where you have to bring out the heavy jackets, scarves, and start layering your clothing. Winter was honestly your favorite season, but every other season was equally as great.

What you had on today fit perfectly with your style, even in the winter time. Your hair was long and curled at the end which reached to your lower back, and you had curtain bangs which swept over the sides of your face. Your makeup was simple, but you added a deep mauve, matte lipstick to your lips, but ever so lightly though since bold colors weren't really your style. No need for blush since the cold air took care of that. Your eye shadow look had deep orange and brown colors and you added light brown eyeliner to accentuate your doe eyes, and added natural lashes to keep it simple. You wore a black turtle neck with tucked into a brown skirt which was ruffled just enough to feel a little like a princess, but not a lot to feel like it was a ball gown. You wore a thin black belt on the waist line of the skirt, and underneath you had black, fleece leggings to keep you warm. You wore gray ankle socks with a cute but subtle cat face on the sides of them that went over the bottom of your leggings, and wore some ankle black boots with a thick high heel on them. Over all this was a light brown jacket that also flared out at the ends like a cute skirt, and button up with black buttons. It was super well heated and kept all the cold out, even in the pockets!

You just finished up work at an upscale business center where you worked as a receptionist. It was around 4 pm and it was still super cold as it was in the morning. In this cold air, nothing sounded better than a nice hot cup of coffee and little pastry before you got home.

You stood over to the side so to not be in the way of anybody passing by on the main sidewalk, and looked up some nice places. While gazing at your phone, you noticed from the side of your eye a man walk up and stand by your side, not all-up-on-you weird, but also far enough to seem like he was just catching his breath and then about to head out.

"Pretty cold huh?" He asked.

"Oh? Umm, yea." You replied, still trying to look for a well rated place nearby for some coffee.

"How about I show you my favorite coffee place nearby?" He asked nicely.

Not trying to be rude, you replied, "Oh thank you, but I'm actually about to head over to one right now."

"Oh come on it's the best spot in this area! Plus I'm meeting a couple friends there too we can all chat~" He said.

He seemed really nice and looked well dressed, so trying not to judge someone by your first encounter with them, you replied, "Um....okay?"

"Nice!" He exclaimed as he gestured for you to follow him.

So, you started walking. Luckily you had your phone with you in case anything weird came up. Although it only had 10 percent.

You began to grow a bit more eery as you both had been walking for a bit and passed so many pretty places and popular looking ones too, and suddenly found yourself in a suspicious looking neighborhood you didn't realize. He stopped in front of an alley and you also paused just a few feet behind him.

"It's just around this corner." He pointed as he smiled with the slightest smirk. But you noticed it.

Instantly you felt like this was going to be something bad and started slowing stepping backwards and then turned around and booked it back where you came from, until a heel broke on one of your shoes casuing your ankle to roll and instant pain going through your ankle and foot.

'Damnnn itttttt the one day I decide to wear these!!' You thought. You looked back and saw he was coming after you with one more guy.

"Yoooo wtfff why is this some kdrama or something." You said under your breath as you quickly took off both your shoes and when the guys got close enough, hurled the shoes at their heads and quickly turned around to book it. You heard an "ugh!" from both men and assumed they got slammed with shoes. I guess all that softball as a kid stuck with you until now to keep you in good shape and with good aim.

You ran and ran, not knowing where you were going, taking turn after turn to shake them off your tail, only knowing that your life was more important right now.

When you finally looked back to notice the two guys were no where in sight, you finally stopped to catch your breath and look around, bent over huffing and puffing.

You began to notice the neighborhood, while eeire, not as much as before and was a lot more welcome feeling. You took a glance at your phone to check the time and where you were, but quickly realized it was dead. '.' You thought to yourself.

As you continued walking you saw a small sign up ahead for a coffee shop. 'Oh! I hope they have a charger I can use and-' You began thinking until you fell over out of no where in wincing pain shooting up from your ankle. You looked over and saw it was a bit swollen, not realizing how bad the damage was to your ankle when you rolled it from all the adrenaline from earlier. 'Maybe I can also rest and get a bag of ice or something for this too ugh' You finished.

You limped the few feet ahead to the shop and opened the door.

Immediately you were swept with warm air. 'Ahhh I feel like I could nap here it feels so nice and safe lol' you said, relieved you could finally rest for a bit. You limped in towards the counter to order when the person behind the counter came around quickly to you. 

"Oh no no go take a seat I'll come to you!" He said concerned as he put a hand around your waist tightly and threw your arm over his broad shoulders.

"U-um okay...ow!" You winced, trying to concentrate on getting a seat and not the good looking guy helping you sit.

"Let me get you a bag of ice and then I'll get your order!" He said as he walked back to the counter.

You heaved a sigh of relief and finally looked around to get a good look of the place. There really wasn't a lot of windows except from the entrance where the top half of the front of the cafe was windows, and the bottom half was brick. The front door was actually made of a light brown wood. When you walked in, straight ahead was the counter with its array of syrups, cups, espresso machine, and the rest of what a cafe needs. The walls were a light brown so not too dim, and there was almost a japanese style to the place which is probably what made this place feel so home-y. Along the walls to the left and right of the cafe were raised levels where you could take your shoes off, leave them on the floor, and sit on the floor with a table in front. It seemed so cozy.

As you glanced around some more, you noticed a man sitting at one of the floor tables by himself, looking at you, but quickly taking his eyes off you as you caught him staring. 'Probably because I must look like a mess right now from running and falling on my .' You grumbled in your head.

"Here you go! I also brought you a warm cup of water for now. Are you alright? What happened if you don't mind me asking?" The cute man from the counter asked. You took the bag of ice wrapped in a towel, and put your foot up on the chair and placed the bag on top.

"FUUUUUoucccchhhhhh" You half-cused, not trying to seem uncute to the cute guy. Then, you told the whole story.

"Alsp by the way, I never got your name?" You asked after you finished telling the whole ordeal.

"Oh! I'm so sorry!! I'm Seokjin! But you can just call me Jin." He replied. "I'm so sorry all that happened to you. I also didn't ask you name I'm so sorry where are my manners!!"

"Oh no it's okay you were assisting me don't worry! I'm Y/N! Nice to meet you Jin." You replied as you brought your hand out for a shake.

He smiled and responded with taking your hand and shaking it as well. 'Ahhh...so warm.' You thought as you unconsciously squeezed it slightly due to the warmness. He seemed to notice this as he looked up at you and very gently caressed his thumb over your hand.

Seeing this you let go and looked away, blushing extremely hard. "Oh Y/N your face is red probably from the cold huh? What can I get you to drink? I'll bring you something nice and hot to warm up and I have the same phone so let me bring you my charger." He asked as he stared at you with a warm style.

"U-umm I'll take caramel macchiato thank you!" You replied, cheeks still red.

"Okay give me a few minutes." He gently giggled and walked back to the counter. You watched him and his broad shoulders walk back to the counter when the guy who was sitting at the floor seats earlier came up to him and talked a bit.

In this break period you decided to hop/limp over to the ladies room really quick, and began standing up.

"Ah ah ah Y/N where are you going??! Let me do it!" Jin exclaimed as he broke his conversation with the guy and rushed over.

"I'm just heading to the ladies room, is that something you can do for me?" You joked at him as he realized and put his hands up to let you pass. You giggled and leaned against the wall to the hall leading to the restroom past the counter where the drinks were made.

After doing your thing and rearranging how you looked since you were looking just slightly disheveled from the whole spiel earlier, you hopped back over to seat just as Jin was bringing your drink over. You also noticed that the other guy that was talking with him left as well.

"Ohh oh here let me help you the rest of the way." Jin said as he quickly set your drink down and met you halfway and again, grabbed your waist and slung your arm over his broad shoulders.

"O-oh thank you..." You replied as you blushed. He gently let you down back onto your chair, propped your ankle up, plugged your phone in for you, and placed the ice pack onto your ankle. 'Where are there more guys like this?' You thought. 'He is soooo niceee and sooo handsome.'

You gave him a shy thank you as he sat down across from you at the table. There was a bit of an awkward pause and then you tried to make some small talk because of it.

"Soooo Jin.....is it just you here?" You asked as you sipped on your hot macchiato to warm you up.

"Umm yea I actually own this place so it's just me and my business. I love it." He said warmly. "But my friends routinely come by for a nice drink and help out if it gets really busy, but that doesn't happen too often." He continued to explain.

"Oooh okay." You responded. "By the way this is really good!!" 

"Thank you!" He replied with his plump lips in a perfect smile. "If you like that, then I also recommend trying this and that and..."

And soon enough, you both began chatting about coffee, hobbies, family, friends, life, and soon you realized you had been there for a while. Cup empty, ice bag melted, and the sun already set. You checked your phone and realized almost 5 hours had passed by already as it was around 9 pm.

"Oh my gosh Jin it is soooo late I'm so sorry I kept you from your work!" You cried out as you began getting your stuff together, beginning to stand, only to fall over again as your ankle gave up, still swollen and sending shots of pain through your leg.

"Ugh I'm going to have to call a cab, I can't walk at all. I actually don't even know where I'm at." You mumbled over the pain your ankle was bringing you.

Jin immediately rushed over to you after you fell. "Here, why don't I take you home? Plus I'm closed already and no one walked in the whole time we were talking so there's really nothing to work on." He mentioned.

"Oh no I couldn't trouble you even more after everything you have done for me today! I haven't even paid you for the drink oh my goosshhh..." You began as you dug through your purse, pulling out your wallet, but at the same time, Jin put his large, warm hand over yours holding the wallet.

"Please, after such a pretty and nice lady chatted with me like that as if we were long lost freinds, it's the least I can do to help." He replied warmly.

This made you blush as you just shyly nodded your head and accpted his help up.

"Let me check outside and make sure no one is waiting for you." Jin said as he walked to the wooden front door, peeked outside, and shook his head no, and you assumed that meant no one was there, which was a good.

"My car is out back behind the shop, let's go!" He mentioned, as he grabbed your bag for you, again, grabbed your waist tightly, threw your arm over his shoulder, and shuffled you outside.

After settling into the passenger's seat of the car, Jin asks "Where to?" 

"Oh here I'll put it on my phone map and we can follow that." You stated as you pulled up the address to your apartment complex.

"Sounds good. Off we go!" Jin responded.

The drive was mostly silent. There was small talk ensued through what seemed like a long drive back home. Just some "you've had a long day" by Jin and "oohh yea" by you. Not really much else. It wasn't until you heard Jin say your name and "wake up, we're here" in a soft tone that you realized you had fallen asleep.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to fall asleep. I guess so much happened today that I was just so tired." You replied.

"No worries. Let me help you get out." Jin replied back as he stepped out of the car and walked over to your side, opened the door for you, and extened his hand out to you.

You blushed as you reached for it and stepped out uneasily, you ankle still hurting, but not as much as before. You both headed inside the apartment building and towards the elevator, Jin holding your waist tightly the entire time.

"Which floor?" He asked. "Umm four." You replied as you staggered inside.

The elevator ride was also pretty quiet. It was pretty short since you didn't live too far up, and your front door was towards the end of the hall.

"Here we are." You stated. "Thank you so much for the help. I'll defniitely get this checked out tomorrow, but for now, I just want to rest." You explanied with a huge sigh.

"Of course. I wrote my number down for you if you ever need anything else, a cup of coffee, or just someone to talk to. Here." He replied warmly as he handed you a small paper with his digits and a smiley face with big lips. This made you smile warmly and feel so comfortable with someone you just met.

"Thank you so much Jin. I'll definitely come by to visit you cafe again. That was honestly the best cup of coffee I've had." You explanied. With this, you reached into your pocket for your keys, and felt a peice of paper, not the same as the one Jin just handed you since it was in your other hand.

'Hmm....maybe it's a napkin from the cafe?' You thought.

"Oh are your keys in your purse? I can find them for you!" Jin stated, noticing your confused look.

"Oh no they're here in my pocket thank you though!" You replied as you pulled your key out, grabbed your purse from Jin, and waved goodbye to Jin. "Get home safe okay?"

"I will! Goodnight." He replied. "Goodnight."

You closed the door behind you and placed your things down, running the whole crazy day in your mind.

"What the heck was today?? And who is this?" You said outloud to yourself as you pulled out the paper from your pocket not from Jin.

Unfolding it, you found a name.....and a number.

"...Namjoon?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

+ author's note: hiii!! sorry for this long update/start to the story! ive been busy with school and work as always and havent had time to start this story! ive been working on it when i could bc i really wanted to get it going!! hope u like it :)) pls subscribe and upvote if you enjoyed it and as always: love yourself +