Ch. 3 ~ what happened was ~

In Actuality

*message sent*

'Hm, wonder when I'll get a reply.' You thought to yourself.

You put your phone back down on the table and were about to lay back on the couch again when suddenly...

*Ding*

'Wow, a reply already?' You thought.

"Y/N I'm heReEE!" Read the message from Eunae.

"Go ahead and walk in, I can't really walk over to the door too well T-T" You messaged back and 0.5 seconds later you heard the door open.

"Wow you're here early? I thought you were coming after work?" You mentioned to Eunae, who had her arms full of bags of...things.

"Yea well boss man said I could leave early to go check on you! And from that I have brought lunch/dinner and your fav things to make you feel better." She replied.

"You are too sweet Eunae what would I do without you~~?" You replied in a whine, grateful for such a caring friend as her.

"I know, I know what can I say...Oh also !!! I saw this really cute guy exiting the elevator as I was coming into it...does he live here?? He had big ol' broad shoulders uggghhh and he was cute AF!! I could barely see his face because he had a mask and cap on, but his shoulders took me! pLeAsE tell me he lives here!!" She exclaimed.

"O-oh??? Umm he's actually a friend of mine that also payed a visit." You explained, hoping she wouldn't read too much into it.

"OMG him?!? Are yall like...you know...." She asked, definitely reading too much into things.

"No not at all! He actually helped me a lot after I hurt my ankle and I don't see him that way...kind of..." You replied.

"Oh okay...well can I have his number???" She replied. She was relentless.

"Girl you know how I am, you're going to have to try to get that stuff yourself." You replied with a smirk. "Now show me what you brought me!!"

"Uggh okay."

You both began your escapade of bottomless bags, because Eunae was caring like that. She brought herbal remedies for teas, and food from the favorite restaurant both of you loved that specialized in a dumpling soup with tteok (rice cake), pork, a variety of veggies, and pork dumplings. There was also food from her mom who brought a whole lunch bag worth of food and side dishes quickly brought over at your work as Eunae told her what happened. You loved her mom as your own and felt so loved by her.

"Oh by the way, I got us the tickets!!" Eunae said as you both continued your escapade of rummaging the bags.

"Tickets?" You questioned, opening and smelling a carton of dried tea leaves. "Tickets to what?"

Eunae sighed loudly and rolled her eyes and replied, "The freaking concert I was telling you about yesterday!!!!!"

"Ooohh yeaaa....the concert..." You replied trying to sound like you remembered, but after everything yesterday, you could not even remember anything but the whole chase and cafe.

"I'll tell you more about that later though as the date gets closer. Tell me what happened to you today! I was so worried T-T..." Eunae continued, worry in her voice as she knew it must have been something serious, seeing the injury.

"Okay well, we should sit down for this." You replied, ushering her to the couch, and her assisting you to sit along the way. You began the whole shpeel, explaining how you were first going to stop at a cafe before heading home, then was approached by a random man who you trusted because you didn't want to judge, how you ended up in a random alley and began running away due to being chased, causing you to roll your ankle in the process due to being in heels, and ending up at a cafe with the broad shouldered man, and more.

"Girl....I am so sorry all of this happened to you first of all. But in today's day and age, we can't trust strangers anymore like that man who took you to the 'cafe.' You were honestly luckily the hot guy didn't also do something to you when he drove you home. But I am glad you're okay, that is absolutely crazy." She responded, hugging you, and your returned the hug, letting her words sink in, and feeling especially grateful to be in her embrace in a safe place, and not hurt any further, or worse. "Have you reported this to the police?" Eunae continued.

"No," You replied. "I honestly forgot. It's been so much to process." You stated, feeling exhausted just thinking about having to do that too. "But on the bright side, the handsome man is coming back to visit tomorrow ;)" You added.

"Okay, we can visit the police station tomorrow and file a report after your doctor's visit...HE'S COMING BACK ?! GIRL what did we just discuss about trusting others so easily?" Eunae explained.

"I know but we spoke to each other like we've always been close, and Eunae, he brought me home safely AND was here literally here earlier today. PLUS weren't you just asking me for his number? 'Trusting strangers' my foot..." You teased.

"Okay okay you got me there! What time is he coming over? So i can prepare~" Eunae asked.

"He said in the morning and my appointment is in the afternoon, so perfect timing." You explained, beginning to unwrap all the food brought over to begin eating.

"In the morning? Nooooooo..." Eunae replied in defeat.

"Why what's wrong?" You asked.

"I told our boss I'd stop by in the morning to help with a few things and then take the rest of the day off to help you." She explained. "I am so sad I'm going to miss his visit."

"I'm sorry Eunae, if it makes you feel better, he owns this cafe, maybe we can go visit someday! It's my new favorite coffee spot." You replied to try to console her.

"Okay I guess....I need to see his handsome face though I can just tell by those shoulders!" She jokingly replied.

You both continued laughing into the evening, watching dramas and eating. Eunae decided to sleep over to take you to the doctor tomorrow after she dropped by the office in the morning. She helped prepare dinner for you both and helped you hobble over to your room for a shower at the end of the day. As you got out and got dressed for the night, she was turned around facing the other way on your computer at your desk in your room, just browsing.

"Hey Eunae, so when is the concert by the way?" You asked as you hobbled around trying to put on your pajamas, which usually consisted of a big tshirt and shorts. And fuzzy socks if you were feeling fancy.

"Oh do you need help?? Be careful!" She shot up, rushing over to help you get dressed before you even got answer from her, being the selfless person she is.

As she helped you get your 'pajamas' on, put on lotion, and put fuzzy socks on the good ankle, and brought a bag of ice for your still-swollen ankle, she replied to your previous question: "Also the concert is next month, so hopefully by then your ankle should be better, but if not I will definitely refund them and stay here with you." She said, although sounding defeated as she said it. You knew her like the back of your hand at this point, and told her "No you're not. I'm sure I'll be fine by then, but if not, you still need to go to that concert!"

"No it's okay really-" "Nope. Even if I'm still not good, you will go, or I'll be there in a wheelchair!"

"Okay okay geez!" She replied laughing. She went back to your desk with your computer to continue browsing, mainly watching K-pop videos, or cooking videos.

You settled into your bed and grabbed your phone, checking your messages and notifications. Most messages were from your coworkers and boss asking if you were okay. You messaged everyone back and let them know you were alright. You also received a message from Eunae's mom asking if you were alright and if you needed anything else, as well as what she was going to have Eunae pick up to bring to you tomorrow. You messaged her back with bountiful thanks and gratefulness, and told her you were okay. 

You saw some notifications on your social media, indicating likes on your pictures, new follows, and direct messages. You dismissed these, as they were natural since your instagram following was a bit on the higher level, of a few thousand. You never understood why, as you posted just like anybody else: food pictures, everyday things, etc.

"You ready for bed? Because I'm exhausted just from dealing with you." Eunae teased.

"Oh my gosh shut up yes I'm already asleep be quiet." You joked back, laying down and using a pillow to prop up your ankle.

She giggled and you both settled in your bed. After a few minutes, you found it hard to wind down.

"Eunae?" You whispered.

"Mmm?" She mumbled back, already sounding like she was dozing off.

"What was the name of the group we were going to see again?" You asked.

"Mmm....-TS.." She grumbled.

"Who?" you replied, scooting closer to her to hear.

"mmmBTS...now sshhhhh..." She finally mumbled out.

 

 

 

+ author's note: ....hello! it has been so long and I am so sorry!! hopefully this update suffices T-T i hope yall enjoy and as always: love youself ~ +