Entry OO4

Drabble, Flash Fic - In Between & Beyond

 

Flashes

 

Words: 278

 

Kwon Jiyong | Lee Chaerin | Park Sandara

 


 

I’m always by your side, singing you a song

Would you look at me now? Standing here

Turning a blind eye to the day

I’m born again

-In My World (Seungri)

 


 

At this time, their band had existed for five years already. They’re voices had been all over Korea and off the world and Jiyong wrote most of their songs.

It will be the first time that I’m gonna see them live but instead of getting a giddy fangirl feeling all night, all I ever do was look at Jiyong, as if it was a one man show. Praying within myself to all the gods that could probably hear me to change Dara’s fate after tonight.

The entire time, I was following Jiyong with my gaze, sending a telepathic message to him to make him look at our direction, to see Dara, to acknowledge her presence.

There were fleeting moments that I feel him looking at our direction but would immediately tore his gaze from us. Is he inaccessible? I was finally able to bring Dara here and allow them to see each other again after 5 long years but why was it seems like the stage was moving further from us?

The concert ended and after saying their goodbye’s the band moved out from the stage, including Jiyong. At that moment, I don’t know what to feel. My words got caught up in my throat and my emotions were bursting.

I look at Dara and I saw her still looking at the stage, having a small smile on her face as tears stained her cheeks, and on her chest was her palm, tightly clutching the key that serves as the pendant of her neck ...

“Thank you for this, Chaerin,” she mumbled.

... the key that would unlock the padlocked necklace that is still hanging on Jiyong’s neck.

 



 

 

This is not an entirely original work. 

I wrote this from my memory of a scene of the manga 'Nana', although I added my own stuff, here and there.

 

When I heard Seungri's In My World a few minutes ago, my thoughts of 'Nana & Ren' from

the said manga came rushing thru me.

Probably it was because of the vibe given by the song.

 

Anyway, I hope that you like this 4th entry. Thank you for reading.

 

love, 

yen