Chapter 2

Serendipity

He was just staring at me the whole time when we came out from the cafe, despite me shouting and exclaiming at him.

"What the heck are you thinking?! Who are you to do that to me? Are you some kind of stalker? Oh my gosh. I should call the police." I got my phone only to be snatched by him.

"Hey!" I glared.

"Are you done babbling? Look, will you listen to me first?"

"Aish."

"Sorry for what I did there but I think I should even get a thank you. But never mind. Anyway, I'm... going." He said and started walking but I got him by his hood.

"Where do you think you're going? What are you doing here and why did you go there in the cafe? How did you even found out that I was there? And why'd you even do such kind of thing? Who are you, really? Are you stalking me?"

"I'm not stalking you, okay?"

"What then? Then how come I'm seeing you again? How come we're seeing each other again. It only means you're following me." I gasped. "What do you want from me?" Oh mygosh! I can give you everything you need but please don't hurt me. I'm so sorry for whatever I did to you back then. Just don't hurt me."

"I am not, okay? Will you stop talking like that? I'm not some kind of gangster or what."

I straightened up and cleared my throat. "Then, who are you?"

Just as we were talking, my tummy suddenly growled. "Oops." I laughed awkwardly. He sighed.

"Follow me. But first, let's get you treated." He started walking and I just followed him.

"Get me treated? But why? I'm okay and just hungry. Are you gonna treat me? Hmmmm.....then I want some ramen. Of course, you know ramen is super good here in Japan. You can't miss this, right?"

I keep on talking as we also keep on walking. But he just stayed quiet the whole time as we came into a convenience store.

"Eh? What are we doing here?" I gasped again. "Ohmygosh! You're gonna buy something for me to eat and then you'll drug me and then.... Ohmygosh! I'm really gonna call the police for real."

Instead of snatching my phone away, he held my hand up.

"*gasp* What?"

"You're hurt."

I saw two of my fingers bleeding. I remained silent and just closed my lips.

After he bought some first aid kit, we went out and sat somewhere around where there is light. We remained silent as he got my hand and started dabbing some cotton to remove the blood. I watched him do that and I can't help but to stare at his face. Come to think of it, his face is really familiar and it feels like I've seen him somewhere before. He put some cream on the wound and I kinda flinch in pain a little. After so, he wrapped it with some band aids and then its all done.

"Thanks." is all I had to say.

"No worries." He answered as he cleans the mess.

"So... I gotta go.." Done fixing the mess, he stood up and said.

"Eh?"

"See you when I see you." He smiled and then went off. I wasn't able to stop him and say anything before he could go and I didn't know why. It felt like I became dumbfounded and didn't have a clue at all.

"Y-yah..." is the only word I was able to speak.
_ _ _ _ _

It was almost 3AM but I'm still out here wandering around the markets of Japan, and I cant stop myself from replaying the scenes awhile back. As I was thinking so, I felt little butterflies in my stomach. But I suddenly felt sleepy, so I decided to go home and take some rest for tomorrow. I just rode a bus since its just one ride from here to my hotel room and it would be less expensive. I sat on the back part near the window. I felt my head falling while the bus was moving but I just endured it for a little more until I came in to the hotel. I decided to take the elevator and when it was about to close, a hand stopped it and quickly went inside. Surprised, my thought has awakened.

"You again?! Are you really following me?"

"You again? What are you doing here?"

"Oh? You're answering now?" I pushed the number 7 as for my floor.

"How'd you know my floor?"

"What? You're on the 7th floor, too?" He nodded. "Up until here?" I gasped. "How on earth..? Wow, this is kinda...something.." I shrugged and didn't mind him.

The door opened and I immediately went out, not minding the guy. This is really weird. How come we always meet and see each other? Is he some kind of stalker? How'd he know this is where I'm staying at? And then, the same floor? It gets me so suspicious. As I was trying to look for my key, he spoke from behind me.

"Goodnight." He said, almost whispering. I turned around and he's just on the opposite room from mine.

"Yah!"

"What?"

"Seriously? Are you trying to stalk me?"

"What? I didn't do anything. I didn't even know you were staying here or what." He shrugged.

I frowned. "Whatever."

"Goodnight." He said once again before I finally closed my door.


I plopped down on my bed as I groaned against my pillow. I don't know if I'm stressed because of what happened with that freakin' guy or because of that new familiar guy whom I always see since this morning from the airport up until here in the hotel. Something's weird and why am I always stumbling into him somewhere? Kinda like we're in a movie where things like these are called destiny, and the person you always meet somewhere around is your meant to be.
_ _ _ _ _

Days continued and passed by, so with my tour around Japan with myself. This time, there isn't any sign of that guy from yesterday. It was already lunch time when I felt the urge to eat something for this day and I decided to have the best ramen somewhere around the markets of Japan.

But the day seemed to end so fast like how it did the following days until the day before I go home came. It was almost a week that I'm here but it only felt like its just a couple of days. Again, through the rest of the days that I had here, there weren't any more signs of him, even in hotels or somewhere in the market, I didn't see a single hint of that new familiar guy. Did he went home already? I wasn't even able to ask his name, or where is he from in our country. I kind of like felt a little disappointed not because I can't already see him but because I felt a little guilty not treating him that well and wasn't able to thank him properly for what happened before in the cafe.

The sun is about to set and I'm about to also check out from the hotel. But I still find myself looking for signs of him. Still, nothing. I got myself a taxi and had my way to the airport. Hours after waiting, I've already found my seat inside the plane. As I was staring outside the window while listening to music with my earphones on, thinking what will I do next after this trip and feeling kind of like something's missing, someone put on their bag above me which made me roll my eyes and was about to glare at whoever that person is. But instead of getting annoyed, I was so surprised that my heart skipped a beat when I saw a familiar face infront of me, a face that I've been looking for since then, a face that I wanted and long to see. My gloomy face turned into a bright one with a little wide smile as I wait for him to sit beside me.

"Hey~ you again?" I greeted as soon as our eyes met. He seemed to be surprised also but then he smiled.

"Hi. It's you again. Wow, again and again. Nice to see you again." He chuckled as he scratch his head.

"Now, I'm really suspicious of you. Seriously." I said, kind of like a joke and a little serious. But it wasn't like before.

He laughed. "Come on. Wouldn't you just want to call it serendipity? Me and you meeting almost everywhere seem to be something...really...nice."

That kind of made my tummy go roller coaster again. Why am I feeling this? I quickly looked away from him. I laughed awkwardly and I feel like my cheeks are heating.

"W-what are you saying? Heh. T-that is so...childish." I started stuttering.

"Childish? *laughs* you think so? I think its not."

"What?"

"Don't you believe in such kind of things?"

"Hm? A-ah.. S-sorry, I have to use the bathroom. Excuse me." I stood up and hurriedly went to the bathroom, even though I'm not really gonna pee or what. My cheeks are heating up and as I looked into the mirror, my face was almost red especially my cheeks.

'Aish. What is this feeling? And what is he trying to say?' I can feel my heart beating so fast and loud and my tummy churning. But before the plane started moving, I went back to my seat.


The flight went like forever. But a part of me wanted it to take more time and spend it with him, while the other worries that if this flight will last a long time, then my feelings would also start to fall for him. We were busy chatting the whole time and to be honest, I didn't feel bored or anything while talking to him.

"Right, I remember before. Do you know those people you had a fight with at the cafe? It seems that you had something with them before?"

"Eh? You mean, the guy with his girlfriend?" He nods. "Its just someone I know in the past. I don't wanna talk about it. The thought of him just make me wanna slap him in the face with whatever I have now."

He chuckled. "I get it. Okay, okay."

"By the way, I'm sorry for the things I've done to you before. Uhm, for accusing you such kind of thing. And I wanna thank you for what happened there in the cafe before. I might ended up in the police station if you didn't come." I laughed.

"What about your wounds? Are they okay now?"

"Oh. About to get healed."

"That's good to hear then. I thought it still hurts because that was a little serious."

"Nah. It's all thanks to you." He smiled and for the hundredth time, I felt butterflies in my stomach.


Five hours of flight had finally ended and within that span, I felt like I have known him for so long. I was a little disappointed when we headed out of the plane and we had to say our goodbyes. As soon as he came out, somebody called for him in his phone and he answered it, forgetting that I was still behind him. I kind of felt a little sad because its already time to leave each other. And before I could forget, I tried calling him to ask about his name, but a group of people had blocked the way, making him disappear in the crowd and I wasn't able to find him. Of all the times that we've been talking to each other since then, I still forgot to ask that one question, his name. Ugh. And then things went back to normal as if we didn't actually meet each other.
_ _ _ _ _