Chapter 1

Serendipity

"Kara! Wake up! Today is your flight! How can you even forget about it? Kara!" My mom says trying to shake me up from my bed so early in the morning.

"Hmm.. What is it?"

"Today is your flight. Don't you remember?"

As I clearly heard and internalize that, I abruptly straightened up and quickly jump out of my bed to take a bath.

Shoot! I almost forgot that today is the day that I've been waiting. Ugh! How could I even forgot about this? Aish. I quickly took a bath, took some bites of breakfast, change my clothes and hurry up to the airport. There's only like two or three hours left, I don't know, before my flight and I have almost one hour, hope not, before I'll arrive at the airport, plus the traffic. Aish, my bad.

As soon as I arrived there, I hurriedly went inside almost running from everywhere. I was in panic and I can't even try to control my mind and calm down. Turning my head from left to right and then running, I suddenly bumped so hard into somebody, making his coffee spill on my shirt and then on the floor. I almost cussed, but I didn't.

"Ohmygosh! S-sorry! I, I didn't mean to.... Sorry, oh my gosh. What to do? Aish. I'm so sorry. I..." I held my head in frustration. And when I looked up at that person, I almost lost my soul, and I don't even know why.

"Y-yo-...."

We stared for a good 30 seconds before he finally broke the eye contact.

"Sorry. I wasn't looking at my way." And with that, he started walking again leaving me behind.

I exhaled. "Whatever." I said and continued searching.
- - - - -

I was already waiting for my plane to come, after having a tiring morning. Just as I am waiting, I unexpectedly saw someone when I turned my head to my left. We actually saw each other, and we were just staring at each other again the whole time. It was the guy who ever first broke my heart, together with his girlfriend. But I broke the staring game as I scowled and unconsciously rolled my eyes as if I didn't see anything, turning my head somewhere around. I also moved to some other place until the plane finally came.


As I got on board, I put my hand-carry bag on the shelf above me and sat on my seat. I tried relaxing and just waiting for my plane to start moving. When all of a sudden, two familiar faces came to sat beside me. The guy who broke my heart for the first time ever with his girlfriend. He sat in the middle and the girl is on the seat near the aisle way. So the arrangement is, me, the guy, then the girlfriend. Heh. What a nice start of my tour. I hope I enjoy this flight. Goodluck to me. I covered my face with my face mask, my cap, and then tucked my earphones in my ears. I put on some music to listen to and almost put it in a full volume. I just tried ignoring the fact that I know these guys. Tch.


The plane started moving and once it's up, I took some photos from above before I decided to take a nap. My flight will last for five hours, so that means I have to freakin' seat with these folks for five long hours, too. I mentally rolled my eyes and sighed. Whatever, lemme just sleep this out.

An hour later or so, I got awakened and I felt like peeing. I decided to go after I fixed myself from sleep. I was about to go inside but I remember to knock before going in. I knocked three times but there was no one answering.

"Hello? Somebody inside? I'm going in." I asked and knocked again. "Aish."

I was about to open the door and pushed myself inside when it suddenly flung opened, making me lean on to that person as I almost fell. I gasped and landed on that person's chest. It felt like we were in slow motion for a minute, but I quickly stood up when it hit me what happened. Eyes wide and mouth opened, I looked at that person, surprised, for a second, then my eyes became narrowed as I saw his familiar face.

"You again?!" I exclaimed. He was the guy I bumped with at the airport and spilled his coffee on my shirt.

"W-wha..."

"Aish!" I glared at him, rolled my eyes, and abruptly went inside. "If you please?" I glared at him as I wait for him to get out of the comfort room which he quickly did and went out. I sighed in annoyance.

'Is he following me or something? Why did I even meet him here again? And, that face is really familiar. I feel like I've already meet him somewhere around. I just don't remember when and where.'

I washed my hands after I peed and went back on my seat to take another nap, ignoring the people beside me and around me.
_ _ _ _ _

The plane finally landed and I'm finally here in Japan. I breath in the spring breeze as I stepped out of the airport. How nice! I grinned at myself and got myself a taxi to drop by my things in my hotel room before I start to tour around.


It took me some hours before I decided to go out again and because the sun has already set. I got my sling bag together with my DSLR and went out. I wander around the night market of Japan, tasting different street foods I could see and passed by. It was nice and there where places were it isn't crowded that much, though the people are very nice and friendly. Until I stumbled up in a street full of cafés, restos, and bars after some time of wandering. I looked around and finally decided to go in of one of the cafés. As I entered, the atmosphere seems relaxing and so with the interior design of the cafe. As soon as I entered the room, I was kinda lost a little because of the decorations and such, but then I shooked my head getting the thought out and went straight to the counter and ordered. I got some hot chocolate in a cute mug with some slice of chocolate cake. Satisfied with my order, I got my tray and looked for a seat. As I was about to make a turn and go to my found seat, someone accidentally bumped with me. I gasped as I watched my food fall down on the floor.

Shocked ate me again and I was like a lost kid staring at her spilled milk on the floor. It took me like a minute or so before my mind went back to reality. My eyebrows furrowed again as I glared at the girl, and that girl is no other than 'his' girlfriend. Heh. How nice, until here?!

"What the heck? Aren't you looking where you're going? Ugh!" I picked up the pieces of the mug on the floor as I put it back on my tray. I mumbled words while doing so.

Instead of helping me or saying sorry, she pushed me on my shoulder like asking me to look up to her as she crossed her hands. I stood up and glared at her.

"Excuse me, miss. First of all, its your fault why your food dropped. And you're the one to blame when you're not even looking at where you're going." She hissed.

I gasped, surprised with annoyance. "Oh yeah? But how dare you pushed my shoulder, eh? How dare you touch me?"

"Hey, hey, what's happening here?" Her boyfriend came and we saw each other.

"Oh, mygosh. She pushed me so hard that I fell on the floor awhile back." She acted like a baby and told him like everything's my fault. I scowled, almost puking.

"How dare you? I didn't even touched you, shut up!" I just wanted to slap her face.

"See? She's disrespecting me. I'm so hurt." And she went over it, pretending to be hurt and then crying as she cling onto her boyfriend's arm.

"Say sorry to her." He turned to me and said. Again, for the hundredth time I scowled.

"Excuse me? Why would I?" I whispered the last words.

I was about to turn around when he grabbed me by my arm. I immediately swayed it off.

"What else do you want? If you wanna believe what your girlfriend is tryna say, then go ahead. Imma leave this place and act as if I didn't know you and nothing happened. Satisfied?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Hey, I'm trying to talk to you in such a nice manner. Will you respond properly?" His eyes narrowed.

"What? Heh. I'm trying to r---"

I got cut off when someone covered my mouth from behind me. What the? And now, I was mumbling. He went beside me, his arms over my shoulders while still covering my mouth.

"Sorry for her attitude. She's really like this. And she's just tired. Sorry for the chaos." He told him and then dragged me outside the cafe.

Just what on earth is going on right now? Who the heck is this guy dragging me out? Urgh! Sheez.

I was struggling to get off from his grip and when we came out somewhere, he finally let go of me.

"Just what on earth are yo--- You again?! Ah, heol!"

I brushed up my hair in disbelief and a little bit of annoyance.

"Tch. What do you think you're doing? What the heck are you doing here? Were you following me?"

___________