In Debt

The Song of the Lost Prince

Jinah opened her door, only to shut it back and go back to her apartment when she saw the movers taking out all of Blackpink’s things. She was clinging on to the last string of hope where instead of Jennie and Rosé facing their death, they would be jumped out. She shook her head, knowing that she was grasping at a fantasy. She knew YG too well.

Jinah spent the rest of the day inside her bed, refusing to go out of her comfort zone. However, she knew all too well that she would have to get up at night to train. She checked the time. It was already 8pm. Dragging herself out of bed, she went to the training center. 

It was usually quiet, with everyone minding their own business. But the silence had a heavy tension over it. They all knew what had happened; word spread fast within YG, as most people had connections. Jinah knew that Jennie was friends with Mino, and that having to kill your friend was never an experience anyone should go through. That was one of the main reasons why she didn’t try making connections to the rest of the agents. Too often, agents were either jumped out or killed. 

Putting in her Airpods, she picked up the dumbbells, and started her workout routine. For assassins like her, it was key that she maintained the stamina and strength.

A week passed from the Blackpink incident, and while tensions lessened, they were always reminded of their empty spot when doing general meetings or when they worked out. Jinah wasn’t given a mission for a few days. Maybe the CEO did care about her. She snorted at the thought. That couldn’t be farther from the truth. 

She found her thoughts trailing to being part of a clan more often than she liked now. She knew it was a weakness; the three Blackpink members were killed simply because one of their clan members wanted to leave the company. And yet, she couldn’t help but wonder how it felt to be so connected to the others. The tears that were spilled that night by the 4 girls, knowing their doom but none truly hating Rosé for what she did, was a feeling that was foreign to Jinah.

She was absorbed in her thoughts and was only yanked out when she heard knocks on her door. Opening it, she wasn’t surprised to find a folder laying on the floor. It was time for her to get back on her missions- 5 days were enough to grieve.

She studied the case before going to sleep. It was a last-minute mission; she was to go on it tomorrow. 

 

Jinah sat in front of her mirror. She popped the cap off of her eyeliner and started drawing on her mask that would allow herself to transform into Jade. It wasn’t as high risk as her previous missions. It was simple, really. She just had to pass by a few guards and take out a politician that was causing problems for the company.

Done with her makeup and strapping on her weapons, she put on her black mask that covered half of her face. Grabbing her keys to her motorcycle, she left the dorm room quietly. There was no one to say bye to, or anyone that would truly care for her wellbeing. 

As expected, the mission was easy. The guards proved to be a small hassle, and she ended with a small knife wound on her left arm that was already on its way to healing. The actual politician however, was much more than a small hassle. The folder of information failed to say that he was a vampire, and he had put up a fight. He had pulled out a gun and blindly shot at her once he was wounded. Before she could deliver the final shot, he had managed to aim correctly at her and wounded her torso. 

This wound took longer to close and heal, mainly because she was low on blood. She did her best to stitch herself up and bandaged it. It would heal at a similar rate to that of a human if she didn’t get herself blood. Opening her refrigerator, she only saw a handful of blood packs left. She counted fast, trying to portion out her inventory until she really had to go on another blood run. There were 11 left. 

It was one of the largest cons of this company; they didn’t provide her the blood when she was out. Instead, she had to go out and steal her own. 

Making up her mind to go grab blood before she really ran out, she threw on a hoodie before leaving on foot. She wasn’t far from her house when she heard rapid footsteps. She could tell that it wasn’t going to be long before YG would give her a harder mission that would require her to have blood on hand.

The footsteps were approaching the alleyway she snuck into. Peeking out from the corner, she could tell that it was a member of Straykids. The group behind him was close. She could smell the silver guns that each one of them held in front of them as they tried aiming at the member. She trusted that the kid would be able to escape; every Stray Kid's members, even the youngest who was in charge of technology, had a foundation of fighting. Still, she hoped it wasn’t the youngest. He was the weak link among the most powerful and skilled members. 

She could hear the fight going on in the alleyway right next to her, and as she heard the member get attacked, she realized that it probably was the youngest member. She knew that although they had guns, as a vampire it shouldn’t have been too hard to get rid of them. The dropping of bodies wasn’t as fast as it would have been if it was any other members. Jinah couldn’t pass by this when she knew she could save him so she walked out of the alleyway, pulling out her spare gun.

She was surprised to see only about a third remaining, but gradually became worried when she saw the state the member was in. She was correct- it had been the youngest. He was on the floor, unable to even support himself against the people that were slowly advancing. 

The other gang members were laughing at his state, and tucked the guns away. They knew it was a lost fight, and they would have fun making I.N suffer. It was only obvious to I.N that someone had entered the alleyway, and he didn’t know if she was a foe or another opponent. 

With clear aim to each of the heads, Jinah pulled the trigger. The remaining gang members dropped without even being able to turn to face her. She left the last one alive. She wanted to know what gang he was from, and whether or not she had put herself in more trouble than necessary, especially without her mask on.

Realizing that he was in trouble, the last gang member pulled out his own gun and shot himself. He didn’t know if she was going to torture him for information, and instead of dying at another’s hands he determined it was better by his own.

“What a coward.” Jinah slowly lowered her gun and walked over to I.N. He was losing consciousness, and she could tell that he had bled out of the wounds that were refusing to close. Hauling him over her shoulder, she ran as fast as she could in the darkness, trying to avoid anyone catching her. She knew that he was in charge of the technology at Stray Kids, meaning that no one was keeping an eye out for him. 

She arrived at her house in a minute and opened the door, still having I.N over her shoulder. He was still barely holding onto consciousness; she could tell by the way he moved slightly when she accidentally shifted him and pressed on his wound. 

Throwing him onto her couch, she ran to her fridge for the packs of blood. She didn’t have a lot, but she took out 3 for him to have.

“Here. Do you have a phone to contact your clan?” She questioned while handing him the packets of blood. He had to drain at least two packs before answering.

“It’s in my left pocket.” Turning slightly so she could access it, she fished out her phone. Holding the phone up to his face, she unlocked it and sent a message to Straykids. 

“Thank you for saving me.” Jinah nodded in acknowledgement.

“Who were they?” 

“They’re connected to NCT. We’re a powerful clan. We pissed off a lot of clans to get up here.” I.N revealed. Jinah raised her eyebrow. Was it okay for him to be exposing all this information to her? For all he knew, she could go and side with NCT to destroy his clan.

“I trust you. You didn’t save my life for nothing, noona.” 

“How do you know I’m older than you?”

“I did a background check after your...scene with Hyunjin hyung.”

His eyes were drooping. She knew that he needed rest to completely recover.

“I’ll let you know when your clan is here.”

Less than a minute later, she got a text from the SKZ GC saying that they would be there as soon as possible. Jinah turned off her phone and turned to I.N, who seemed to be frowning in his sleep. She didn’t know if he was a heavy sleeper, but knowing that he went through a huge beating, she assumed that he was knocked out. 

Taking out her first aid kit, she took out the bullets in places she could see them, and applied ointment. It would take some time for the blood he drank to start working and heal him. Taking out the bullets and applying ointment sped up the process. When she was done with the wounds she could see, she heard a knock.

She had heard the footsteps running towards her door, and wasn’t surprised to see that all the remaining 7 members were standing in front of her. Opening the door wider, she gestured for them to come in. 

She realized each one of them had wounds that were fresh. They should’ve closed by now, but seeing that they were still open, she assumed that they also hadn’t had blood. 

“He’s in the living room.” She called out, leaving to get the rest of the blood from her fridge. She took 7 out, effectively emptying her fridge of all the blood.

“Take it.” Jinah tossed the blood to them. While everyone took a packet, she saw Bangchan, the leader, hand his over to Felix, who seemed the most injured out of them. 

“Thank you. For saving I.N and for the blood packets.” Bangchan said while standing up. Taking this signal, the rest of the group stood up, with Leeknow and Seungmin carrying I.N, who groaned a little but complied. 

“We owe you one.” Changbin was the last to leave for the door. 

She opened the door, allowing them to leave out to the hallway. Before they could turn around and make their way out of the apartment complex, Jinah called out to them.

“Hyunjin, be careful.” Hyunjin’s head whipped towards her, wondering what she meant. She met his eyes with a steady but piercing gaze, and shut the door behind her.