An End

The Song of the Lost Prince

Jinah wanted nothing more but to rip off the restricting dress and take a bath. She knew that she would have to face the consequences for not completing the mission as well as sabotaging Bobby. 

Her eyes instead zeroed in on an unwelcome guest sitting on her bed; the much too familiar light yellow folder. 

Opening the folder, Jinah furrowed her eyebrows when she saw a familiar face staring back at her.

“Hyunjin?” Jinah panicked at the initial page that had his picture. She scrambled to look at the other pages, trying to figure out what they had found out about him.

Birth Certificate. Royal Family Tree. DNA tests. DNA tests? Jinah was shocked at the information that kept spilling out within the folder. She wondered how YG got all of this information.

She was dreading to pull her mission paper, the one that would state what she would need to do. When she reached that paper, her eyes froze on the words.

Hyunjin confirmed as Prince. Mission is to terminate Prince Hwang Hyunjin.

Jinah was confused at the missions that she had been receiving. She had just come back from a mission to kill the royal family, and although she was only really successful in getting rid of the Crown Prince, Jinah couldn’t help but wonder why YG was so determined in getting rid of the royal family. 

Was it for power? For money? Did YG want to change the way the country was being ruled from a monarchy to a military rule? Jinah shook her head; that was an absolutely terrifying thought.

Focusing back on the mission paper, her eyes widened when she realized who was after Hyunjin. YG had sent his best assassins after Hyunjin, including Jade. 

“Assassins on the case: Jade, Seungyoon, GD, CL, Tablo… What?” Jinah didn’t get why Hyunjin was so important to send all the leaders of YG to take him out.

“Risk: High. Clan: Stray Kids. Members: Bangchan. Leader…” Jinah’s expressions slackened in understanding. They weren’t only taking out Hyunjin. They were planning to take out Stray Kids as well. It was understandable; the anger after losing Hyunjin would have severe consequences for YG, especially from a clan as skilled as Stray Kids. With the amount of allies they had, it would be a losing battle for YG; a battle they wouldn’t want to face. 

Without even wanting to, Jinah’s eyes continued reading down Stray Kid’s profile. She learned about their history and their specialities, their strengths and weaknesses. She continued down and felt her resolve slowly build as she looked at each of the faces. The moment she saw Jeongin’s face was when she decided she needed to warn and save Stray Kids. She couldn’t let Jeongin die just because he was in the same clan as Hyunjn.

Jinah took off to the typewriter and typed up a warning, knowing that Hyunjin would know it's from her.

The leaders of YG are after you. They know now and you’re not safe. They have information on all Stray Kids and are trying to kill them too. You need to get your allies on the move. Don’t let Jeongin die.

Jinah didn’t know why she was so willing to risk everything for the group. All they had were a few run-ins with each other, a few times they saved each other’s lives. And she was here doing it again.

Jinah changed into the all black suit she usually wore when she went and delivered the messages. Putting the note in her pocket, she opened the door to her apartment and went into the elevator of her apartment. 

The moment the elevator doors opened at the lobby, Jinhah felt that something was wrong. She saw men patrolling the lobby, presumably with mics in their ears. She made eye contact with one of them as she pressed close the elevator doors. As the doors closed, she saw them mouth into their earpiece. 

The elevator doors opened again, this time at her floor. She ran into the emergency staircase hall and made her way down a level, trying to gain a few more minutes to try and figure out what was happening. 

It was obvious she was caught, however, when she heard footsteps coming up and down from the stairwell, as well as footsteps outside the door.

“Why are you running away, Jinah? Guilty of anything?” The head of the guards smirked as he roughly took Jinah’s arms.

“It’s a little frightening when there’s a bunch of men going after you.” Jinah replied dryly, still trying to find out what was going on. 

If she was getting punished for her actions towards Bobby, they would’ve sent a note telling her to come to YG’s office, not ambush her like this. 

“What the does YG want?” Jinah spit out, getting dragged into the elevator. 

The typewritten note in her right pocket started to weigh heavier, making its presence known in her mind. If they caught her trying to tip off Hyunjin, it would mean death; she would be a traitor to YG.

To her luck, the guard did a search of all her pockets and a pat-down to see if she concealed any weapons before entering YG’s office.

“Well, well, well. What do we have here? The leaders of YG are after you. They know now and you’re not safe. They have information on all Stray Kids and are trying to kill them too. You need to get your allies on the move. Don’t let Jeongin die.” The guards around her slowly turned to look at her in horror. They all knew what it meant to betray YG and to have physical evidence like this, they didn’t know if Jinah would come out alive.

“Funny, huh?” Jinah smirked, taking the note from him. She wasn’t afraid of death, not when she didn’t have much she was living for in the first place.

When she entered the room, YG was sitting in his chair behind his large desk. Even though he was just a CEO, his office resembled that of a king’s throne. 

A few minutes of silence passed, with YG staring her down. 

“Jinah, we have information that you took down Bobby when he was trying to carry out the mission.” YG raised his eyebrow, demanding an answer.

“Sir? We also found a no-” The guard started off but was interrupted when Jinah laughed and threw out the note to YG.

“I won’t kill Hyunjin. Or Stray Kids.” Jinah glanced once at YG and glanced longer at the head of the guards. “Let’s go.” She knew what was in store for her and where she was heading. It was the sound-proof chamber. 

 

Jinah knew she needed to last just a little longer before they would let her go back to her apartment. She only knew of stories that happened inside of it; never would she have thought that she would be the one having to go through it. If she wasn’t dead to begin with, Jinah would say she was near-death. 

She felt like dying. The people in the chamber would let her recover just enough for her to be able to feel pain and then do something else to remind her that she was in the room. Jinah had to continue thinking about the reason why she was even going through all of this. It was for Stray Kids, for Jeongin. 

Jinah’s eyes widened when she saw what they were planning to do next. They wheeled in silver weapons as well as blood for her to drink. She knew the strategy. They would wound her with the silver weapons to slow her healing process and bleed out without being able to close the wounds. Then, they would give her the blood that had poison in it. She knew she had to escape before that happened.

After they wheeled in the weapons, the people had left the door slightly open because Jinah was positioned on the floor crouched over her wounds. They thought she was too weak to be able to do anything harmful, which was their first mistake.

As soon as Jinah realized that the door was cracked open and she had access to the silver weapons, she smirked. She jumped up, grabbing the weapons and moved out to where she saw only a few guards that were in the hallway. Knowing this was probably her only chance to escape, she tried her best to ignore the pain coming from her still open wounds and attacked the guards closest to her. They went down easily because they hadn’t thought she was strong enough to even sit up. 

Running towards the next two guards, she took them out before they even got to alert the system. She ran out of the window that was at the end of the hallway, avoiding all the cameras that she could spot. 

Only a few stories up, she thought she could land easily on her feet. Instead, she landed on her feet and ended up splaying out on the floor. Because of the pure adrenaline that was rushing through her when she was escaping the hallway, Jinah had forgotten the wounds that she had. She was sure she had made her fractured leg completely shatter and the wounds that were slowly starting to close were gushing out blood again from the overexertion.

She knew she had to get away from the vicinity to really consider herself safe from YG for at least a little bit. She stood up on her better leg and hobbled outside. In the best case scenario, she would run into people or a clan that would take her in and give her blood. In the worst case scenario, she would be captured again by YG after they finally realized she was gone. She knew that she would face the same fate as Blackpink.

Heading towards the inner parts of the city, Jinah found herself leaning on the walls to support herself. Even with her ability to heal faster, the accumulation of wounds slowed her down. Soon, she had to sit down in an alleyway because of the black spots forming in her vision and the inability to move forward. She didn’t know how long she was there when she heard someone walk by.

The footsteps went farther and then made a sudden turn back to where she was.

“Jinah?” 

A tentative voice reached out to her.

“Nah, hyung. There’s no way that’s Jinah.”

Jinah lifted her head up towards the voices. The black spots were still there and when she squinted, she could make out the faces of the two people.

“Chan?” She whispered out. Her voice didn’t sound normal to her.

“Jinah? What happened to you?” Chan walked over and started to speed up when he realized that she was unable to move.

“Jisung, come over here and help me get her on my back.” Han ran over and gasped after he realized what state she was in. 

Jinah groaned in pain when he accidentally squeezed her wound trying to get her on Chan’s back.

“Holy , Jinah I’m so sorry.” Han kept lifting her up though, until she was comfortably situated on Chan’s back.

Her wounds were stretched out again and she could feel her shifting in and out of place. Instead of fighting to see where they were taking her, Jinah succumbed to the darkness and the steady pace of Chan.

 

“Jinah? You need to take blood for you to heal.” She was shaken awake by Felix. Seungmin and Chan were right next to him, holding up blood packets. 

For a second, Jinah couldn’t see anything but white because of the difference in lighting. After her eyes adjusted, she found the three looking at her.

Too exhausted to refuse and knowing her own condition, Jinah accepted.

“Can I check for injuries… that I can patch up?” Seungmin asked, glancing over at her. It was obvious that she had tons of injuries; he just wasn’t sure what he could do and if she would even let him.

Jinah nodded, thankful that he had even offered. She knew this meant that he would have to use their own clan’s supplies to help her.

“I can’t take this off. Can you just cut and peel it off of me?” Jinah asked, gesturing to her t-shirt that was stuck to her wounds.

“She can tell you what happened after. Go away Chan.” Seungmin shooed both of them out of the room before he started to use scissors to peel away.

Seungmin grabbed a pair of scissors and started peeling off the clothes from Jinah. His eyebrows furrowed when he saw all the open wounds that were refusing to close. He could see bones jutting out of its place and wondered where she got hurt. To his knowledge, Seungmin thought that Jinah was a top assassin. 

Jinah knew the extent of her injuries. Now that adrenaline was no longer rushing through her, she could feel her pain on another level.

“I think my leg had a fracture and then I jumped a few stories and completely shattered it. But other than that I think it’s mostly flesh wounds.” Seungmin nodded to Jinah’s self-report on her condition. He could tell about her leg, especially because her ankle was in an unnatural condition. The biggest worry for him was how slowly she was healing. 

“Jinah are you poisoned? You’re healing slowly even after taking your injuries into account.” Jinah thought back to the weapons. 

“I think they might have used poison when I was unconscious because I don’t remember getting some of these injuries.”

Seungmin rescanned all her injuries, trying to see if any of them had discoloration or any other side effects of being poisoned.

“It’s probably silver. YG’s trademark.” Jinah told Seungmin. 

While Seungmin went off to find the antidote, Chan walked into the room. 

“BTOB just told us that there are YG Hunters scoping out the entire area. I think they’re looking for you, Jinah.” 

Jinah closed her eyes. She knew they would be out to find her, but she didn’t think they would send out the hunting force. 

“I need to leave.” Jinah started pulling away from Seungmin.

“Jinah, you can’t even walk properly, much less fight.” Chan pushed her back down.

“If anyone saw that you guys helped me, the target is going to be on you guys. YG has too many and you aren’t on level with them.” Jinah was starting to stress even more.

“They already have a target on you guys because of Hyunjin.” Jinah started getting off the table she was sitting on.

“Jinah. We have a lot of allies. And we’re more than capable of taking them down.” Chan pushed her back down again. 

“You’re not going to be able to help at all if you don’t heal and you go out alone. We already have a target on our backs. You staying here won’t change that.” Chan bargained with her, trying to keep Jinah still so Seungmin could heal her.

Jinah was still against staying, and Seungmin and Chan could tell that she wasn’t settled.

“Stay at least until you’re completely healed. And then you can decide then.”

Seungmin asked, looking at Chan to see if he agreed. Chan nodded his head, his hand still on Jinah’s shoulder to keep her on the table.

“Okay.” Jinah nodded, realizing that they were right. It wouldn’t help anyone if she went out in this state.