Mistakes

The Song of the Lost Prince

opping off the cap to her eyeliner, Jinah looked up at her reflection. She looked fatigued; the amount of missions she went on and the strict rationing of blood was getting to her. She lined her eyes thickly, and used concealer to cover up her drooping eye bags. She didn’t bother putting on lipstick, instead using a black mask to cover half of her face. She wasn’t Jinah anymore- she was Jade, a coldblooded assassin that was under the notorious company, YG.

She started strapping in her knives and daggers on her thigh. Slipping in multiple guns on her belt, she started to feel the adrenaline rush start. It was her favorite part; she could feel her heart beating faster in excitement and anticipation for the mission.

She heard a car drive up to her driveway, and peeked out of her window to see a black car with a pink license- Blackpink’s signature car. She could see Rosé’s shiny, silver hair through the tinted windshield. Doing a last check through the mirror, Jade made sure that her clothes covered most of the weapons. She had her classic black leather jacket on with a black tanktop and black pants. She had to move in the darkness, and blending in would be easier.

Jade opened her door and glanced at the Blackpink member’s car. She held up her hand where the key to her motorcycle dangled off her middle finger.

“Get in the car, it got updated a few weeks ago so it’s bulletproof.” Rosé called out of her window. Jad weighed her options. Sighing, she shoved her keys into her pocket and opened the door to the car.

The car was silent. There was little to no engine sound that could be heard, and the silence inside the car was deafening. None of them attempted to start the conversation and just let the silence consume them. There was no point in small talk; it wouldn’t help the mission and knowing about each other wasn’t beneficial. 

They continued to follow the road until they reached a point where there were no streetlights. To avoid suspicion from the target, they turned off the headlights and continued in the dark. Rosé’s phone suddenly lit up from its placement on the headboard. The sudden light caused Jade to look at her phone and she caught the message that came up before the other girl snatched the phone out of the holder.

Jade’s eyebrows furrowed, unable to hide her shock at the messages.

 

From: Blackpink Jisoo

Chaeyoung, I think YG knows you’re trying to leave the company

 

“What the ?” Jade drawled out in horror. Although it was silent before, after her words it was an even heavier silence. Sure, YG wasn’t the best company. Yes, it was dangerous and the longer you were there, the harder and more dangerous the missions became. But the consequences for leaving YG, especially with the years Rosé had under her belt were consequential; she knew too much for YG to just let her go easily. Jade knew of the consequences better than anyone. She was one of the most experienced assassins at YG, with a hell lot of years of experience.

“Shut up.” Rosé muttered. She didn’t want anyone to find out, especially Jade. She was too experienced, saw too much to just let Rosé go through. She could see Jade turn to her in frustration, and before she could begin to convince her, the GPS beeped, signifying that they had reached the typed destination. 

Jade’s mouth closed and she hardened her gaze while looking out. Rosé saying shut up showed that she knew of the consequences and what could happen. 

Using her heightened vampire senses, she let herself scan the premise. They had stopped a few miles away from the actual EXO-M house, where Jade knew they wouldn’t be able to hear them even with their vampire hearing. It was too big of a risk for them to pull closer with the car. Rosé probably didn’t understand, but Jade didn’t have to persuade her much when she knew that the other girl knew of her status and trusted her. Exiting the car quietly, Rosé and Jade moved forward, with Jade’s sniper hanging from her shoulder and Rosé holding her revolver that had a silencer on it and another sniper. It only took them 13 minutes to cover the ground quietly, until they could see the house. 

The lights were off, and no signs of movement. They had received the floor plan of the house in the file YG provided, and they knew that Tao and Kris were in the room right next to each other. Jade was the only one who was good at a sniper however, so they would have to take one out with the sniper and take out the other as fast as possible and run out.

“I’ll go in. On my count, take out Tao while I get Kris. We have to get out before the rest of them wake up.” Rosé suggested the plan, and while it would be a plan, it wouldn’t work out. She didn’t know that EXO were vampires. She would die on this mission if she went in. Jade’s eyebrows furrowed. Why had YG sent her when they knew that EXO were vampires? She would have to talk to them once the mission was over. Her eyes refocused when she felt Rosé start to move to get into place.

“No. You take the sniper and leave. I’ll catch up to you after I get Kris. You have to leave Rosé.” Jade wasn’t going to let someone die simply because they were not informed of another realm of beings. She glared at her long enough for Rosé to get the message. 

“I’m not leaving without you.” Obviously, Rosé did not get the message. 

“You aren’t qualified enough for this team. YG wants you gone Rosé.”

“You can’t do this mission alone.”

“Yes, I can.”

Jade stood up, handing the sniper to Rosé. It was the end of the discussion, and as much as Rosé wanted to keep fighting so she could fight, she knew Jade was right. There was a reason why she was sent instead of Jennie, their sniper, or Lisa, the best fighter. He did want her gone.

Rosé looked around, looking for the best place to shoot. She settled in front of the windows on top of a tree, well concealed behind the trees. She could see the shadows slightly move, the only way Jade betrayed her position. She couldn’t even hear her footsteps; something Rosé was supposed to be able to do with her years of training.

Jade was walking in a way her footsteps wouldn’t be heard. She heard the relative click of the sniper gun getting into place, and she placed herself outside Kris’ window. Hearing Rosé breathe in and exhale slowly was her signal that she would fire soon. Readying her gun, she jumped into action when she heard the shot fire and the window crumbled. She heard the bullet pierce Tao, and heard footsteps run towards the room. 

Although Jade knew that Kris would get up quickly and be able to understand the situation, she had underestimated his reaction time. They were one of the top underground vampire gangs for a reason. By the time she entered the room, Kris was already up with the gun he stored under his pillow. 

Shooting at Jade with an unwavering aim, she was moving around to avoid them. Soon, his gun was out of bullets and so were hers. Without giving her the time to pull out her second gun, Kris attacked. 

To the human eye, it was a blur. But to Jade and Kris, each of their movements were clear. He pulled out the knife strapped to the bottom of the bed and threw it with scary accuracy at her. Twisting away, the knife slit her arm. She didn’t have time to dwell on the pain when he made the next move towards her.

The gasp and loud cries next door in Tao’s room was heard by both. If she didn’t end this fight with Kris soon, she would be outnumbered and even her experience wouldn’t be able to save her from 4 more trained gang members. 

Side-stepping his attack, she pulled out a silver knife coated with poison and tried to stab him in his heart. Her sudden ferocity and skilled attack threw Kris off, and he was able to avoid the knife last minute. However, he wasn’t fast enough to completely avoid the attack. The knife was planted in his shoulder, and he groaned in pain. Trying to move away from her, he pushed her away. Hearing footsteps approach the room, Jade used her last trick by planting her foot between his legs.

Groaning in pain, he doubled over. He only had to last another minute or so before the rest of the EXO members would come in to fight her. Jade knew this fact too, and taking out the knife, she stabbed him again closer to his neck and again in his heart. Satisfied with her work, her head whipped towards the door where she heard the door knob twist. Unable to check whether or not Kris died, she ran out the window.

Running as fast as she could, she heard Rosé’s car speeding down the street. 

Seeing the light, she slowed down from her vampire speed so Rosé wasn’t suspicious of the blur. 

Throwing herself in the door, she yelled at Rosé to slam the car out of there. Without any words, Rosé swerved and slammed on the acceleration. It was silent until Jade let out a sigh.

“Don’t do it.” Jade was still facing forward when she muttered it. She didn’t allow herself to make connections within the company, knowing that having deeper connections would become her weakness. But she couldn’t help warn her. She knew of people that tried to leave. If they were new, they were jumped out by older groups, usually until they were almost dead. But she knew that experienced groups were never simply let out. They knew too much; they were killed.

“I have to.” Came the response, so quiet that even Jade had to concentrate to hear it. Jade knew this was wrong. She had a choice. But she also understood. This life had too much danger to it, too much risk. For people that didn’t have anything to lose, like Jade, it wasn’t too bad. But for people like Rosé, who had her parents and older sister, she had too much to lose.

Jade gave up trying to convince her. She knew her mind was set and she could only hope YG decided it wasn’t worth killing off someone as skilled as her.

Arriving at the dorm they were both living at, they were surprised to see all the lights on. It was unusual, especially this late at night for the entire building to be lit up. Jade could sense multiple people in the lobby, and heard the heartbeats of Mino and Seungyoon. She could tell their steady heartbeats, only one that skilled snipers had. Realizing what was happening, she almost wanted to redirect Rosé. But she knew that even if it wasn’t tonight, it would be another night.

They pushed open the door and saw the rest of Blackpink on the floor, covered in bruises. Rosé ran towards them before she realized that there were red dots on two of the members. Snapping her head up, she saw the infamous YG snipers. Mino and Seungyoon had their snipers trained on Jisoo and Lisa. CEO Yang was standing in between Mino and Seungyoon, smirking openly at Rosé. Jade froze, glancing ahead at Rosé. 

She could see the tense shoulders, and knew that she would act out, trying to save her members. When Jade saw her fix her stance, readying herself to attack the CEO, she heard the snipers fire. 

“You can’t leave, sweetheart. You know too much.” CEO Yang drawled out, so close to Rosé that he reached in front of him to redirect her gaze onto him. He chuckled when he saw the tears streaming down her face.

“You can go ahead, Jade.” His gaze was still on Rosé, but addressed Jade. She knew that she wasn’t given permission- it was a command. She was to go into her room. Keeping her eyes trained ahead and unwilling to show any emotion on her face, she walked into the elevator. Aware of the cameras installed everywhere, she entered her room. She wasn’t allowed to show remorse or sadness of what was happening below. 

She could still distinctly hear everything that was happening below. It wasn’t very hard when the rest of the dorms were either unoccupied or silent. 

Another gunshot went off and she heard the CEO tell Rosé that she would be jumped out tomorrow. Would she be jumped out though? Or would it be death for her? Jade wondered while she wiped off her makeup. 

Her raw face was reflected in the mirror, and there was an eerie quiet as she looked over her features. Her persona of Jade was stripped, and so was Rosé’s title of being a Blackpink member. Blackpink no longer existed for her to even be a part of.

She closed her eyes, forcing sleep to come. But instead of sleep, she could only hear the cries coming from Rosé’s room. She tossed and turned and before she knew it, darkness overcame her.

Sunlight streamed through her curtains, piercing Jinah’s eyes. Taking her time rolling around her bed before waking up, she was reminded of yesterday’s events. She closed her eyes, trying to sense the heartbeat fluttering from Rosé’s room. When she heard nothing, her eyes shot open while she scrambled for her phone. 

There was a message sent out to everyone under YG. It shot shivers down her spine, and she turned her phone off after she skimmed over the message. 

 

From YG: 

Mistakes are not allowed here at YG. The 4 members of Blackpink are an example of that.