First Love Confession

First...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyukjae looked around the room helplessly. He tried moving the chair around to see if he can at least mobilize himself enough to call for help but the carpet on the ground prevented him from going anywhere too far. Another heavy sigh came out from him, probably his millionth one, when he was startled by the door suddenly opening and a very frantic looking person came bargin in.

Donghae ran like a mad man from his house to Heechul's house trying to make sure they haven't done anything too scarring to Hyukjae. He didn't care that he could barely breath as he e corner after another just to get to Hyukjae as fast as he could. It didn't even register in his head how much he may have been overreactting but just thinking of the possible "torture" Hyukjae could be going through at the moment was scaring him. Not once did he go against Heechul's seemingly harmless "pranks" on people but Hyukjae was different. He was special.

Donghae saw the door at Heechul's apartment was slightly left opened and his eyes widened as many crazy, different, and only-happens-in-dramas-or-movies scenarios appeared in his mind. He opened the door as wide as he could and stumbled his way in all set to fight people off if necessary but all he saw was Hyukjae tied up on a chair.  Without a second thought, he rushed to his aid and untied him.

"Hyukkie! Are you okay?" Donghae asked while trying to untie the, surprisingly, well-knotted rope. "Are you hurt? Did Hyung do anything bad? I'm so sorry I wasn't here. I promise I won't ever leave your side. Ever!" And so on and so forth.

Hyukjae just stared at Donghae mildly shocked that he was here to help him. Nothing registered in his mind except for the fact that Donghae was right there in front of him gnawing at the rope like a rat trying to set him free. He couldn't even process his questions to give him any answer. Not that Donghae gave him any chance to respond either since he hasn't stopped babbling about how worried he's been since coming in. Hyukjae felt the rope loosen around him but before he can even move his arms around, he was already enveloped by Donghae in a hug. 

"I was so worried." Donghae muttered under his breath. His hold on Hyukjae was the first physical contact they've had since the incident from last week. He missed talking to the other and being around him that he barely noticed just how firm his hold on the other was. 

Hyukjae would be lying if he said that he didn't enjoy the way Donghae held him close, but he would also be lying if he said that it didn't hurt, physically. He tried to remain as still as possible for as long he can but the way Donghae was squeezing the air out of him was really making it impossible not to say anything. Eventually, he started to squirm around his arms, just to give himself some space to breath, but Donghae assumed it was just him trying to get away from him.

"I'm...I'm sorry." Donghae sadly apologized before completely letting him go. He turned his body around to leave but Hyukjae stopped him.

"Wait! Where are you going?"

"Home." Donghae simply answered while only giving Eunhyuk half-a-glance.

"Home? Why?" Eunhyuk was slightly confused by his answer. However, as soon as the question came out did his brain processed an answer for him. He looked down on the ground and let out a sigh of disappointment. "You-You probably have a date to prepare to, huh? So-Sorry for bothering you."

Donghae craned his neck out of confusion hearing those words coming from Hyukjae. He turned his body back around to face him and asked, "What makes you think that?"

"Please, Donghae. It's fine." Hyukjae shrugged his shoulders casually and let out a sad smile. "You should go. I don't want you to be late because of me."

"Hyukjae, I don't understand. What are you talking about?"

"I know about her, okay." Hyukjae said. "I heard Leeteuk hyung talk about her with you on the phone."

"What?" Donghae was confused and totally loss that that was the only thing he could manage in response.

"Isn't that why you always ditch us?" Hyukjae figured for himself. 

"Wha-" Donghae was still not quite processing what Hyukjae was talking about when he remembered the last phone call he had with Leeteuk and how Bada jumped him. The memory finally putting some of the pieces together, he let out an amused smile. "Are you talking about Bada?"

Hyukjae had to take a deep breathe to keep his tears in and show Donghae the he was completely unaffected by the mention of Donghae's "girlfriend's" name.

"I guess." Just hearing her name come out of Donghae's lips hurt him. It felt like the latter took out a sharp needle and used it to pop his heart. The fact that Donghae started laughing didn't help him feel better at all. 

"A-Are you, by any chance, jealous?" Donghae teased.

Hyukjae glared at him and crossed his arms. If he was going to get his heart broken then he would at least like to keep his dignity intact. "Why would I be?"

Donghae laughed even harder hearing his response because that was definitely the voice of a jealous person. Hyukjae didn't know it yet but in that moment, there was nothing more Donghae wanted to do than to bring him back in his arms and squish him for being too cute. Hyukjae was starting to get offended by Donghae's laughter thinking it was directed at him. Love-schmove. He wasn't just going to take that lying down...or standing up.

"I'm going home." Hyukjae declared and was just about to walk pass Donghae when the latter stopped him by grabbing his arm. 

"Wait! D-Dont-" Donghae tried to stifle his giggles but failed miserably. He saw Hyukjae glare at him and focused all his energy into composing himself. "Don't go. I'm sorry."

"What do you want?"

"Just...Just give me a chance to explain." Donghae pleaded with his puppy eyes. Even though Hyukjae knew he should mad and upset at Donghae he still gave in. He wasn't able to resist them before he realized that he's in love with him, why start now. "It's true. Bada is my girl."

"Glad to know." Hyukjae sarcastically said and made another attempt to leave but just like before, Donghae stopped him.

"Let me finish." Donghae insisted. "You haven't met her because my parents took her to the hospital."

"She's pregnant?!" Hyukjae exclaimed with wide eyes as he jumped straight to the worst possible scenario in his head.

"What? No!" Donghae quickly denied with a shake of his head at the absurdity of what Hyukjae just said. "She just got out the night before and probably ate something bad on the street." Donghae saw the confusion on Hyukjae's face and had to bite the innerside of his cheeks to stop himself from giggling again. He grabbed both of his shoulders and looked him straight in the eyes just to show how serious he was before clearing things up. "Bada. Is. My. Dog." Donghae emphasize each word to make sure the other would be able to comprehend it without any misunderstandings. "We are not dating." Donghae shook his head side to side just in case Hyukjae wasn't able to hear the word "not."

Hyukjae froze and was embarrassed hearing Donghae's confession. He felt absolutely ridiculous for the conclusion he had jumped into and didn't want to believe Donghae's words. He felt like the biggest idiot in the world and wanted nothing more than for the ground they were standing on to swallow him whole or, at least for Heechul to comeback and kidnap him again. 

"No, no, no. " Hyukjae shook his head and refused to make eye-contact. "T-That's not possible..."

Donghae slowly to showed a smile of relief and took his phone out. "Here, I'll prove it to you." Hyukjae tried to look away but Donghae was persistent. "See. Here's a picture of Bada on her first birthday. Here's another one of her and Sungmin hyung... Ah! See, here's a picture of her from last week."

Hyukjae scanned through the photos with guilty eyes. Donghae, who saw Hyukjae's wavering expression, mentally gave himself a pat on the back. That was until he realize that there was really nothing for him to celebrate. His mood deflated when he remembered that Hyukjae still harbored feelings for Siwon and not him before he put his phone back on his pocket.

"I guess you can go tell that fun little story with Siwon now." Donghae bitterly said.

Hyukjae, clueless to Donghae's actual meaning, didn't bother to question why he would specifically mention Siwon and apologized for his assumptions. "I..uhm..I'm sorry for...j-jumping to conclusions."

"It's no big deal." Donghae shrugged. "I mean, it's not like it broke my heart or anything." Donghae laughed lightly and discreetly glanced at Hyukjae to see what his reaction would be. Unfortunately, the other remained clueless to his hints.

"Yeah," Hyukjae agreed with a light chuckle. He looked at Donghae and felt the butterflies in his stomach come back. "I guess I should go back home now before my Mom gets worried." Hyukjae smiled

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter