First Heartbreak

First...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Hyukjae's POV

I paced back and forth in front of my bed while lightly biting on the tip of my finger nails. I don't know why but I have this tiny little knot in the pit of my stomach and I can't seem to stop moving. I'm just so...nervous. No, wait. I'm scared...no, no...wait, I'm not really scared just argh! What the hell's wrong with me?! I covered my face with both hands and fell backwards on my bed. I grabbed the closest pillow I could find and suffocated myself with it as I muffled my frustrated screams against it. I put every energy I had in that screamed and screamed until I was blue in the face.

Once I felt myself calm down, I threw the pillow away across the room and blankly stared at the ceiling. A whole minute passed by where my mind was empty. No thoughts whatsoever. Just peace and quiet. Then, all of a sudden, I heard his voice again in my head.

Wanna come over to my house and study?

Just like that I started panicking again. My stupid heart wouldn't stop stupidly beating and the funny feeling in my stomach won't go away. Groaning with more frustration, I started trashing around the bed. I probably got too loud since I heard my sister open the door which means she got worried enough to check up on me.

"Hyuk? Are you okay?"

I briefly looked up at her towards the door of my room before just lying back down. I didn't bother answering her question since I already know that whatever answer I give her, she'll still invite herself in and ask more questions, and just as I predicted, I heard the door shut and saw her sit by the side of my bed with a semi-worried look. Seriously, I didn't think being crazy would be this weird.

"What's wrong?" Sora asked me.

"A lot of things," I grumbled lightly. I turned my head towards her and asked, "Noona, remember when you had that crush with that one kid who always wore the tight neon shirt by the store?"

That must have been a bad memory for her since she blushed and hit me a little harder than usual in the stomach. She pursed her lips together, her brows crossed together, and gave me a weird look.

"Why are you bringing him up now?"

"Nothing. I was just curious."

"Curious? Curious about what?"

"It's just-" I paused for a second and sat up on my bed so that I could talk to her better. "How did you know you liked him, if you've never talked to him?"

I looked at her seriously, anticipating her answer to my question, but all she gave was this weird look of confusion.

"Wha-What are you talking about?"

I sighed in defeat and just dropped the matter. "Never mind."

"Do you like him?"

"What?!" I gave her an offended/surprised look. How did she get that from what I said? I mean, that's like way, way, way out of context from what I was going for. "Excuse me, but he is not my type. I'd picked Donghae over him any day." It took a few seconds before my words could sink in, but once it finally did, I can't believe I just said what I thought I said.

"Donghae?" My sister tilted her head to the side along with an evil smirk on her face. I knew it. I'm doomed! "Who's Donghae?"

"N-No o-one." Great job, Hyukjae. Stuttering your words out will really help your case! I mentally kicked myself and shook my head side to side along with my hands. Obviously, it was too late to go back now. i just looked more guilty now, and besides, like my sister will really give up the opportunity to torture me with this. My life !

"Come on, Hyukkie," she tried to persuade me with that evil voice of hers. "You can tell your Sora Noona everything." Okay, there's officially a new definition of creepy, and it's this.

I still tried to get out of it though but my stupid brain wouldn't form the right words together. "I didn't mean...He's not-...I mean I'm not...I don't-"

"Why don't we start with when?" She said cutting me off.

"When what?"

"When did you start liking this Donghae guy?"

"I don't like him!" I defended. What? I really don't. She gave me that I-don't-believe-you look and that made me retract my statement just a little bit. "Okay, maybe...I...like him a little." I looked down in embarrassment the second I saw her victory smile.

"Aww, my baby brother has a crush." She tried to hug me as she cooed over my "cuteness." Seriously, she always treats me like I'm seven. I wriggled out of her arms and lightly pushed her away.

"Noona~" I whined. Okay, I admit it. That was not very teenager-ish of me, but seriously, if I don't get my head straight now, I will be going to a mental institute tomorrow instead of Donghae's house. "I need some advice." She let out another round of her high squeals before pouncing and hugging the living daylights out of me.

"My baby brother is growing up~"

"Noona, will you stop that?" I grabbed her hands away from mey face and put some distance between us. Man, I feel so sorry for all her teddy bears. I didn't bother waiting for her to stop giggling like a maniac since I know that will take me forever, and just kept on going. "How did you know that was just a crush?"

"Simple. He only popped up in my mind when he was there." Okay? Not much help there. Donghae's always on my mind even when I don't want him to be. Maybe I should ask her about Jihoon hyung.

"How bout Jihoon hyung?"

"What about him?"

"Well, you guys were together for a year and half. How did you know he wasn't the one?"

"Well, first, because we're too young and had a lot of options back then. Second," she paused for a moment before looking back at me with that knowing smile, as if telling me she knows something that I don't. "I didn't fall for him at first sight."

What the heck? I stared at her and she just stared at me back like she could see right htrough me. How could she have known about that? I've never told anyone about me crushing on Donghae before I even knew his name. I started getting nervous since she just kept staring at me with those accusing eyes of hers. Never in my life did I want the ground to just open up and swallow me hole. Heck -- I'll even be thankful if our house somehow caught on fire right this instant just so I didn't have to put up with her staring anymroe. Anything to get me away from this situation right now.

"Stop acting so surprised. I figured it out all on my own. I don't think your friends know anything."

"How...How did you find out?"

"Well, okay. Technically, I didn't figure it out on my own." She explained. "Your friends gave me the details." Of course they did. "They asked me if you had some grudge with someone in school because there was this one guy, they wouldn't tell me who, that you wouldn't talk to."

"That's not true." I defended. I mean...sure, I avoided talking to Donghae back then, but it was for a legitimate reason.

"I know." She agreed, but she added more to it. "And that's when it hit me. Why would my friendly little brother avoid anyone if he's in desperate need of friends?" I took offense on that but she was too busy with her monologue that she didn't see my expression. "It's because he's crushing on that person, and just like the adorable innocent little kindergarten person inside of him he doesn't know how to handle it."

It's scary how accurate she was with so little information. I opened my mouth to say something back to her but I couldn't think of anything. Nothing would process inside my head and I just looked like a fish underwater. I started feeling awkward, again and just looked down on my bed. Anything to escape her eyes and knowing smile.

"Kids! Dinner!"

I've never been more thankful to my Mom. I immediately got off the bed and ran outside. I can't believe one year wasn't enough to get over that stupid fish! How am I supposed to survive tomorrow? I sighed and shook my head, trying to clear my thoughts of anything Donghae related for at least tonight. It would have worked if I didn't see the fish on my plate. Great!

End of POV

Sora remained in Hyukjae's room for a while, completely amused by her brother's actions. She took out her phone and texted someone before joining the rest of the family for dinner.

To Heechul

From: Sora

You were right! Make sure you have everything set up and text me the details.

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

Meanwhile, in Donghae's house, the latter was entertaining guests he didn't know he was having. He was enjoying his time alone with the TV, when out of nowhere, his brother just started rushing out of the house. He asked him where he was going but, since the other was so rushed, the only answer he was able to hear was, "Out...friends...sorry...good luck!" He didn't understand what the other meant with "good luck" at first, but as soon as he heard the knock 10 minutes later on his door, he realized that he owes his brother a hard kick later when he gets home.

Heechul and some of the reinforcements he brought with him entered Donghae's home without waiting for his invitation. They figured it would take Donghae a while to snap out of his shock and made themselves at home. Besides, they had a mission to achieve before tomorrow.

Donghae's POV

What the heck are they doing here? I closed the door and stayed there for a few more seconds trying to figure out what exactly is going on. I couldn't come up with anything (not that I expected to) and slowly walked inside to check if they were really in my living room. They obviously already had made themselves at home, so there's only one solution for this. I pinched myself really hard on the  arm, and after flinching from the pain, I knew that I was wide awake and that there were wild animals currently occupying my living room.

"Hyung, what are you guys doing here?"

"We have some things to do," Heechul hyung answered.

The way Heechul hyung looked at me and talked made me suspicious about what they were really up to, but then again, he's always up to something, so I guess this shouldn't really surprise me. I was going to ask him for specific detail about why they were here, when someone else knocked on the door.

“Door!”

I glared at Kyuhyun, who just smiled at me innocently, before getting the door.

“Hey.” Kibum greeted. Changmin waved at me while I stare at them blankly.

Crap! I totally forgot I asked them to come. I stepped to the side and hesitantly invite me in. I guess I was too obvious since Kibum gave me that weird look and Changmin looked very uncomfortable coming in. They stopped dead cold in their tracks by the time they reached the living room. I sighed to myself before shutting the door.

“Donghae,” Kibum turned to me, “I didn’t know you were having visitors.”

“I didn’t either.” I muttered under my breath.

“Hey, Min!” Kyuhyun called at him. “What are you doing here?”

“Oh, I’m here to help Donghae hyung with something.” He answered. I didn’t miss the way Kibum slid his arms around Changmin’s waist. Attaboy! He should really be more thankful to me for giving him those relationship advices for free.

“Really? And what would that 'something' be?” Heechul asked him while looking at me.

I shifted uncomfortably under his gaze and so did Changmin. He kept looking at Kibum for help but even he couldn’t fight against Heechul hyung.

“I just needed some tutoring.” I explained to him. Heechul hyung raised an eyebrow at what I said so I had to insist on it just so he would drop it. “It’s true! I don’t want to repeat Mr. Bae’s class again next year.”

I tried

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter