First Misunderstanding

First...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The following day, things between Donghae and Hyukjae couldn't have been more awkward. They both acted like themselves in front of everybody but everyone could tell they were avoiding each other. For example, Hyukjae could be joking around with Shindong one moment and the second he spots Donghae he would abruptly stop before proceeding to pretend like he didn't see him. Donghae was not acting any better either. Unfortunately for them (but fortunately to those who could no longer bear the tension between them) Heechul does not like to stand around and watch. 

"I can't take it anymore!" Heechul gathered everyone after school to deal with the couple problem at hand. "I need to know what happened between them."

"I don't know, hyung." Sungmin said. "They obviously don't want to talk about it."

"Sungmin-ah," Heechul put his palms on the table and leaned closer to Sungmin's face. "Do you think that matters to me?"

Sungmin pouted his lips and crossed his arms disapprovingly. He immediately shook his head side to side before his boyfriend, Kyuhyun, intervened between them.

"If you don't mind, hyung, I'd appreciate some distance between you and Minnie." Kyuhyun wrapped his arms around Sungmin's shoulder and made an attempt to hide him by semi-covering his body with his own. "I don't mind you kissing every guy you get your hands on, but my Sungmin is off limits." Heechul just rolled his eyes at Kyuhyun's possessiveness and went back to sit with Hankyung, who immediately wrapped his arms around his waist. "And as for Donghae and that monkey, I think some space between them would be a good idea. I mean, even I get sick from having Donghae around too much and he doesn't even do that whole koala-to-tree act on me."

Everyone else in the group agreed that giving them space would be the best thing to do right now, but Heechul would not have any of it. Lucky for him, for the first time ever, Leeteuk thought so as well. 

"I don't know, you guys. Maybe Heechul's right." Everyone -- including Heechul -- looked at him; surprised. 

"Hyung," Shindong called in disbelief. "You're not seriously agreeing with him, are you?"

"Well," Leeteuk hesitantly started to explain. "I mean, wouldn't you guys want to know? I just think that waiting for this whole thing to disappear might not be the best move. You guys know Donghae can't hold a grudge for more than 5 minutes and Hyukjae was just warming up to him before that whole fiasco in the end happened." Leeteuk recapped worriedly. "I'm not saying we should meddle but if we can help fix it, I think it's worth it to try. ."

"But, hyung!" Sungmin called out exasperated. "Interfering? Don't you think we might make it worst for them?"

"Min-ah," Heechul basically purred as "We're not interfering; we're helping them." 

Sungmin still looked unsure and muttered an, "I don't know." Heturned to Kyuhyun who was as unsure as he was about the whole situation. 

"I say we do it." Everyone in the room turned towards Ryeowook. "I mean, really how much more damage can we do by talking to them?" Once again, they all fell silent as they analyzed and processed Ryeowook's words in their heads. Seeing as how they can't make things worse for the two, they decided to split up and talk to both Donghae and Hyukjae separately.

"Alright then." Heechul grinned and took charge of how the group will be divided. "Me, Hannie, Ryeowook, Sungmin, and Leeteuk will go talk to Eunhyuk, and the rest of you guys can go talk to Donghae."

There were some debates that went around after that as to "why" and "who gets to go talk to whom" but in the end, it was all resolve by Heechul simply saying, "Because I said so."  No one said another word after that. They all reluctantly accepted their roles and planned of ways on how they were going to get the information they need from the two blockheads tomorrow.

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~


*Next Day*

At Donghae's House

Kyuhyun knocked against the door of Donghae's home at eight in the morning. He was still a little grumpy at the wake up phone call he got an hour ago that already ruined his morning. Yesung and Shindong carefully looked around their surroundings, afraid that they might have disturbed the neighbors at how loud Kyuhyun banged agaisnt the door so early in the morning. Kangin just leaned against the wall waiting for the door to open, looking bored as ever.

About two minutes passed before Kyuhyun decided to pound against the door one more time. However, this time, he was cut short by the door opening revealing a very groggy looking Donghwa. It was very obvious to everyone that they had disturbed his sleep, if the messy hair and squinted eye-glare he gave them were any indication.

"What the hell are you guys doing here this early?"

"Morning hyung." Kyuhyun innocently greeted before entering his home without an invitation. Donghwa's mind was still a little fuzzy from sleep and wasn't able to stop the rest of them from coming in. He annoyingly grumbled to himself about brats ruining his weekend and closed the door after Shindong. He glared at his unwanted guests in the living room and repeated his statement from earlier.

"Again, what the hell are you guys doing here?"

"We're here to visit Donghae hyung." Kyuhyun replied casually while going grabbing an apple off the counter.

"At 8 o'clock in the morning?"

"It's important."

Donghwa rolled his eyes at him and crossed his arms against his chest. "And what is so important that you had to barge in here this early on a weekend and bang against my door? You do know that we have a doorbell. Most civilized people would just have to press that once or twice instead of trying to break our door down."

Kyuhyun just gave him an innocent smile and said, "It's an emergency. If I pressed the doorbell, then you wouldn't have ran your way towards the door now, would you?"

Donghwa felt his right eye twitch at the statement and suddenly had the overhwelming urge to smack Kyuhyun hard on the back of his head. Lucky for him, Donghae had him trained enough to control his urges and not do it. He pointed them towards Donghae's room before lazily walking towards the kitchen to make himself some coffee. Yesung wanted to follow after him but Kangin already had a hold on his collar and dragged him with them.

Donghae was sleeping peacefully in his room when they entered. They all just stared at him for a moment, watching him sleep, until they heard mutter the words, "Hyukkie...Hyuk-ah..." Everyone had an amused smirk on their faces hearing Donghae moan out Hyukjae's name in his sleep. It didn't take long before Kyuhyun got bored and decided that he didn't want to spend the whole day watching Donghae have wet dreams about Hyukjae. He grabbed one end of Donghae's sheets and motioned for Kangin to grab the other end. He counted one to three and once he reached three, he and Kangin both pulled on the sheets forcing Donghae to flip over and fall flat on the ground.

Everybody had a great laugh hearing the loud thud Donghae made the second he reached the ground. Donghae, on the other hand, was surprised by the sudden the pain then was suddenly very aware of the sound of laughter around him and felt more disoriented by it. Once he had properly opened his eyes and registered who exactly were the people that invaded his room, Donghae scowled as his mood turned sour and immediately glared at them.

"What the hell are you guys doing here?"

Donghae's question was left unanswered while they all kept on laughing at his expense. He shook his head and rolled his eyes at them and decided to just quietly climb back on his bed. He grabbed his blanket from the ground and retrieved the warmth that was taken away from him. He laid back down on his bed and buried his head underneath his pillow to drown out their laughter. 

"Yah," Kangin called once he got a hold of himself. "We need to talk to you."

"About what?" Donghae retorted, his voice still muffled against his pillow.

"Hyukjae." Donghae immediately took the pillow away from his head and looked at them with wide eyes. That only lasted for a second though. As soon as he realized what he just did, he plopped back down on his bed and put his right arm over his eyes.

"There's nothing to talk about." Donghae mumbled but they knew better.

"Come on." Yesung encouraged. "Do you really think we'll be here with you at this ungodly hour if we know there's nothing to talk about."

Donghae heaved a heavy sigh before giving in. He would just have to do what he usually does. Twist the truth so that everybody gets their way. He sat up on his bed and leaned against the headboard. "What do you want to know?"

"What happened on your study-date?" K

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter