First Crush

First...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Kesuma90, hyuno_sj, and CrazySuJuNoona and shalenhae...I appreciate the trust you guys have on me. Lol! There's not even a story yet and you already upvoted me. xD

Hyukjae was just a freshman when he first saw Donghae.

The moment he laid his eyes on him, he knew that he felt something special for the other. He was part of the tour group Donghae and his friends were guiding through the school. Naturally, he tried to brush off the butterflies he felt in his stomach when he saw him smile at him as something close to first day jitters.

As their tour ended, his eyes traveled back to Donghae who was off laughing with his friends already over a joke that only he understood. They slowly dispersed to go to their designated homerooms to find out what classes they will have for the semester. Hyukjae tried to hide his disappointment from parting with his tour guide as he searched for his room.

Hyukjae was the first person to arrive in his classroom. His teacher was still setting up the room and running all over the place making sure that everything was ready. He sighed and thought that he should probably just wait outside until his teacher was ready. He looked out the window and quietly watched the rest of the students below scatter around like ants. That was, until he heard that voice. He froze before he took a peek behind the wall. Just as he thought, it really was him.

Lee Donghae.

Hyukjae silently gasped and hid behind the wall trying his best to merge with it. He looked down on the floor and tried to calm his heart and soothe the heat he felt around his cheeks.

He stared hard on the ground and tried to keep his mind off the voice that was attracting his attention. He thought of anything and everything that could distract his thoughts away from Donghae. He was only brought back to earth by the sound of the bell. Almost immediately, his first instinct was to look back at Donghae and saw the other was already entering his classroom. Hyukjae caught himself  at the last minute and forced his attention to his own teacher. This time she was standing at the door with a warm smile and welcomed him in. He bowed his head to greet her before entering. The rest followed him.

During the first hour period, Hyukjae completely forgot about the existence of Lee Donghae.

"Good Morning. My name is Ms. Yang and I will be your homeroom teacher for the rest of the year," She greeted.

"Good Morning, Ms. Yang," the rest of the class replied.

"Okay, so I know that it's the first day so I won't do anything rough with you guys. Why don't we start off by introducing ourselves." She looked at her right and pointed at him. "Why don't you start?"

The boy looked surprised for a second before clearing his throat and sitting up straight.

"Uh..well, my name is Lee Sungmin. I'm 16 years old. I like to play the guitar and I do martial arts."

"Good. What grade are you in?"

"10th."

Ms. Yang gave a nod of approval before pointing at the person next to him. "Your turn."

The rest of the class, specifically the girls, looked at the next boy with complete interest.

"My name is Choi Siwon. I'm 14 years old and I'm in the 9th grade."

"What do you like to do on your free time?" Ms. Yang asked.

"Uhh...well, I like to read my bible."

"Really?" She asked with widened eyes that caused some of the students to snicker. Siwon nodded his head sheepishly while some of the girls cooed over his shyness.

"Are you dating anyone?" A random girl from across the room asked. The whole room burst into laughter while Ms. Yang gave them a short lecture about how it was not an appropriate question to ask and that they should do it during their own free time. Once the class was quiet again, she motioned for the next person to go. It went through 5 more students before Hyukjae finally had his turn. He looked around nervously and looked down on his table. He took a deep breath and prepared his voice to be loud so everyone could hear him.

"M-My n-name is Lee Hy-Hyukjae. I'm...uhh..14 years old and in 9th grade."

"What do you like to do on your free time, Hyukjae?" Ms. Yang inquired.

I like to dance. Hyukjae said to himself but what he said out loud was, "I like to read."

Hyukjae bowed his head, a little embarrassed when he saw the way some of the students snickered or looked shocked at the fact. Once all of them had gone, Ms.Yang had them do a little group work. They had to meet with at least 3 people and know their name, age, a hobby, and one special thing they have. Hyukjae didn't move at all until he was approached by Siwon. 

"Hi," Siwon greeted with smile. "My name's Choi Siwon. I'm 14, and as I've said before, I like to read the bible as a hobby. Mmm, I guess the only special thing with me is that I like working out. How about you?"

Hyukjae let out an awkward smile as he racked his brain of what he was going to say. He felt a little self-conscious of how he looked like at the other, specially since he's been known for his gummy smile.

"Uhm, my name is Lee Hyukjae. I'm 14 and...I like to read books." Hyukjae paused and looked at the ground to think of something else to say but couldn't come up with anything.

"That's it? You don't do anything else?"

"Uh..., well, I-" Hyukjae hesitated a little. He took a deep breath before saying, "...sometimes, I...like to, uhm, dance."

"Really? Cool!" Siwon showed a bright smile and went a little closer to Hyukjae. The other was  little surprised but didn't say anything. "You know, I've never been much of a dancer. I mean, I'm not a lousy dancer, but it's just, you know, so hard to remember all the steps. You ever had that problem?"

No. "Uhh...yeah."

Siwon laughed and said something about how dancing makes him feel like a doll before getting up and finding another person. Hyukjae heaved out a heavy sigh before looking around the room to see if he could talk to someone available. Lucky for him, he was found by someone available.

"Hi!" Sungmin greeted. "My name is Lee Sungmin. I'm 16 and I do martial arts. I also like to playing my guitar."

"Oh,uhm," Hyukjae was caught a little off guard once Sungmin had finished. "M-My name is Lee Hyukjae. I'm 14 and I like to read and dance."

"Really? You dance?" Sungmin asked a little surprised.

"Well, only a little bit."

"Oh. Do you have a nickname?"

"A what?"

"A nickname." Sungmin repeated. "You have the same name as that comedian on TV. I don't want to have to think of him every time I call your name. It's weird."

"Oh. Uhm, well, I guess you can call me Eunhyuk instead."

"Eunhyuk? Cool." Sungmin stood up to look for another person to speak to. "Nice to meet you, Eunhyuk-ssi."

Hyukjae heaved out another heavy sigh and looked around the room once again. He was about to stand up from his seat to approach a girl, who just finished talking to Siwon, when the teacher called them back to their seats. They had a short discussion about their activity and Hyukjae was able to learn everyone's name without even talking to them. The class went on for another 20 minutes, with the teacher talking about what their curriculum will be like. Then, the bell rang.

Hyukjae sighed and gathered his things together. The class said goodbye to their teacher before running out of the room to their break. Hyukjae let everyone go first since he was in no mood to spend their break time alone. He planned to just go to the library when he was called back by Sungmin.

"Eunhyuk-ssi! Wait up!"

Hyukjae turned around to see Sungmin and Siwon walking up to him.

"Eunhyuk?" Siwon questioned. "His name is Hyukjae," he then turned to the latter, "right?"

Before Hyukjae could even say a word, Sungmin had already beat him to it.

"Of course, I know that. But that just sounds like that lousy guy from television. Eunhyuk is his nickname. It sounds a lot better than Hyukjae anyways."

Hyukjae didn't know if he should feel offended by what Sungmin had just said, so he just prompted on ignoring it. Siwon didn't question the matter any further and just offered Hyukjae a small smile. Sungmin on the other hand looked absolutely energetic.

"Eunhyuk-ssi, do you want to go with us?"

Hyukjae looked surprised by the offer. "Really?"

Sungmin and Siwon both nodded their heads.

"Yeah. You seemed...lonely." Siwon said. "Besides, I'm sure Leeteuk hyung would really like you."

"Leeteuk?"

"Oh, he was my babysitter before. But not anymore." Siwon quickly added the last part. "I mean, I don't need a babysitter. It's just that my parents were really religious and cautious. I don't-"

"Siwon, shut up." Sungmin interrupted. "You have to excuse him, Eunhyuk-ssi. He gets a little self-centered sometimes."

"No problem." Hyukjae gave Siwon an encouraging smile before walking along with them. "And please drop the -ssi. You don't have to be so formal with me."

"Same goes for you. But, you do have to call me 'hyung' got it?"

Hyukjae smiled to himself when he saw Sungmin trying to be serious about it. "Got it."

                                                                                                         ~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

Hyukjae walked down to the cafeteria with Sungmin and Siwon. He felt relieved that he was able to immediately make friends. However, by the time he reached the table Sungmin was walking to, his relief went away. His once calm beating heart started to pump rapidly and he felt his face flush with anticipation. He bowed his head down and made sure not to make eye contact to the one person his eyes immediately landed on. Out of the dozen people on the table, he just had to see that one pe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter