된장찌개 - Act II

The Other Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Work for Jessica never ends. 

 

Especially not in these trying times.

 

Business is bad everywhere. The economy is on the verge of falling apart. 

 

Ever since embarking on Blanc & Eclare, Jessica has faced countless moments where the outcomes of it all could meant closing the shop, pulling out from the fashion industry. 

 

Heck there were even moments where if things hadn’t gone the way she wanted, she would owe tons of shareholders money and would ultimately have to declare herself bankrupt. 

 

In the world of business, a lone woman has to be shrewd in order to not be trampled over by the old and filthy rich men that strives to monopolies and conquer whatever they want. 

 

It’s almost the same as being in the entertainment industry. 

 

So, Jessica hadn’t got a choice when it comes to making sacrifices. In the early days, instead of taking things slow, she had to dive right in deep and learn all she needed in order to survive alone out there. 

 

And this for years, she’s doing alright. There were good and bad days. But the bad? This? The situation right now?

 

It’s bad, bad. 

 

But thankfully, things are starting to pick up a little. 

 

Online shopping. In this age, Technology wins. With the successful revamp of the online site, the company’s sales have started picking up gradually and for once, Jessica could take a break today and end work early. 

 

It was a Friday after all. 

 

On a normal occasion, that would meant heading out for dinners with either the staffs or with friends. 

 

In Seoul, afterwork dinners, socialising, dinner with friends till late night is the norm. It’s only after 10PM when the subways gets packed to the brim. That’s peak hour for Seoul, it’s after everyone had their after-work meals and drinks, do they start making their way home. 

 

That’s the white-collar culture that Jessica never understood until she was actually part of it. 

 

But right now, having a party or celebration in huge crowds isn’t exactly what everyone has in mind. Sure some dinners goes on, done safely of course. However most dinners and gatherings among friends are postponed. 

 

There will be a day when everything returns to normal, even then, it will be a new normal the the world has to accept and adapt to. But all this will only be possible if everyone starts making an effort to curb the curve and avoid contributing to outbreak clusters. 

 

So tonight Jessica decides to head hope early and skipping dinner entirely. 

 

Maybe some fruits and wine when she’s hope. But right now the girl is way too jaded to sit down and put anything in her. 

 

The drive home wasn’t exactly long ever since she moved into a new housing estate. It was a tall building that has a great view of the Han River. 

 

Sunny and Yoona lives in the building, no surprise since they were the ones whom assisted her in the purchase of a unit. 

 

What the two rascals conveniently left out was that, the unit next to her belongs to one Kim Taeyeon. 

 

Singer, Leader of the Nation’s Girl group, Girls’ Generation, and the girl who broke Jessica Jung’s heart. 

 

Over the years, Jessica had come to accept what happened and decides to leave everything as it is. She had managed to fix her broken heart, which took way longer than she imagined. But whatever was broken, albeit fixed, is never really whole again.

 

Although the girl no longer holds any resentment, Jessica still thinks it’s best to steer away from Kim Taeyeon. She doesn’t see a point in meeting because doing so might actually lead to feeling something again, and of course, that also meant having her heart broken again. 

 

But not everything goes her way. 

 

Just days ago, she chanced upon Taeyeon. 

 

Singer, Leader of the Nation’s Girl group, Girls’ Generation, and the girl who broke Jessica Jung’s heart. 

 

Also, Jessica’s new neighbour (thanks to Sunny and Yoona). 

 

It’s was mostly Yoona, that kid was of course the world’s greatest prankster. 

 

From the cucumber bouquet to salty kimbaps. Jessica often feels that with Yoona stuck in acting and singing, all that creative ideas for a prank are simply talents wasted. 

 

That kiddo could have her own show like the infamous “Just for Laughs: Gags”. 

 

When the rest of the members, of course, excluding Taeyeon, heard about how Jessica was tricked into staying in that particular apartment, they all had a good laugh and went on with endless teasing. 

 

But who knows, Jessica sometimes wonders if this was all a plan by Taeyeon herself. 

 

That just maybe, Taeyeon had gotten the girls to plan out this entire thing. 

 

Jessica wasn’t sure if she’d like a plan l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter