Yuja-cha & Hodugwaja - ACT IV

The Other Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica couldn’t remember the last time she’s been out. 

 

This was the fifth day of being stuck at home. With the recent news of fresh Covid-19 clusters formed at a company, a cafe and a popular mall, the tensions were high. 

 

Daily cases skyrocket and now everyone’s staying home afraid to head out. 

 

It’s a war zone out there. 

 

Even if one is brave enough to go out for a day - for public figures like Jessica, the chance of catching hateful comments are way higher as compared to the coronavirus. 

 

So, no matter how bored things are (as always), she has to resist the temptation to go to work or have a nice meal at a restaurant. 

 

It’s the same for the members too, everyone actually. 

 

With things getting crazier in the states, Tiffany has decided that it’s safer to return to Seoul for the time being. The girl tried quarantined, waiting out the storm back in Los Angeles, but when she needs to make the necessary trip down to the grocery store - she realises that just maybe, heading back Seoul would be safer. 

 

Sure heading out is always a risk, but it’s more reassuring for the girl to know that Seoul has more rules and regulations in place. 

 

Sunny, Sooyoung, Yoona, Yuri, Hyoyeon, Seohyun are all stucked at home too. But what’s great is that they’re stuck with either family, or pets to keep them company. 

 

Heck, even Taeyeon has the greyish looking pup at home. 

 

Jessica is all alone. 

 

But it was anything new. The girl has been alone for years. Sure, Jessica enjoys the company of friends and family, but with time, the girl has in a way grew accustomed to being alone. 

 

The deafening silence. The lack of interpersonal activities to do at home. The emptiness that eats away her soul slowly. It all nothing alarming these day although it wasn’t something she enjoys or gets a kick out of. 

 

It wasn’t something she takes pleasure in but she’s gotta it up and deal with it. 

 

During tough boxing trainings back in the day, Jessica dad used to say to little Jessica, “They way I see it, sure, these cardio sessions are unbearable. But if you can’t run from it, you might as well enjoy it?”.

 

It’s was kind of a crude saying if one really thinks about it. But Jessica doesn’t think one has to force oneself to enjoy something one obviously doesn’t. Jessica prefers to complain while doing it, and it does makes one feel a lot better o but doing something dreadful. 

 

“I hate being stuck at home alone!”, Jessica shouts loudly from her balcony. 

 

There were obvious chuckles and comments from the other neighbours who heard her screams but Jessica didn’t bat an eye, paying zero attention as to whether her neighbours found it amusing or childish. 

 

“ the coronavirus!”, Jessica shouted out towards the Han River.

 

Before settling back down onto her outdoor sofa. 

 

That took out most of her energy. 

 

————-

 

Next door, Taeyeon was out in the balcony, slowly dozing off with a magazine close to falling out of her grasp when a high pitched scream shook her to the core. 

 

“I hate being stuck at home alone!”

 

Taeyeon jumped a little. Rudely woken up, the girl was still in a daze. 

 

Taeyeon, waltz closer to the edge of the balcony to try and get a better understanding of the situation when laugh there and comments came pouring from all the other units. 

 

There were the giggles and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter