Iced Water - Act III

The Other Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The movements were slow in the beginning but as the body got nearer to the tipping point. It is bound to slide off. 

 

No matter how small Kim Taeyeon is in terms of her size, she too will experience what it’s like to fall off from bed. Or in this case, the sofa. 

 

Thankfully, the soft carpet made the landing a little more bearable. 

 

“Ouch” Taeyeon complains with her eyes shut, it still hurts.

 

The girl remained in the position she’s at, spread out on all fours, feeling way too lazy to climb back up. Switching her phone on groggily to check on the status of her delivery, the words “Delivered” stares right back at her. 

 

“What the heck?”, Taeyeon mumbles, confused. 

 

————-

 

The door bell continues to ring while Jessica stares right out the peephole to verify the identity of whoever’s intruding from the other side, yet she saw nothing. It was simply a dark void staring back at her. 

 

With the endless ringing getting a little more annoying, Jessica grabs her decorative sword nearby and got ready. Whoever’s outside was obviously placing their hands over the peephole in order to block out the view. 

 

And so, whoever out there must either be pulling a sort of lame prank, or someone dangerous waiting to barge in. 

 

Either way, Jessica’s ready. This was nothing new, she’d experience something similar once or twice. The incident with the mysterious umbrella man still sticks with her till today. But the fear from years ago? She had overcame it.

 

People have no idea how much Jessica have grown. She isn’t that little barbie doll that men used to control anymore. She isn’t the innocent ice princess anymore.

 

With everything that happened, Jessica had to force herself to grow up, mature, learn, adapt, be brave. And so the Jessica Jung today has got no more strings to hold her down, an ice queen by her own right. 

 

A forced to be reckoned with.

 

And thus, the girl took a deep breath and flings open the door haughtily. 

 

“What do you want!”, Jessica shouted with the sword pointed straight at the intruder, staring fiercely with her eyes widen like a wild cat. 

 

“Whoa, chill!”, the intruder replied hurriedly with hands shooting up un the air, “Food Delivery!”  

 

“Oh dear.. Sorry. I thought it was some bad man out to force his way into my home”, Jessica replies, eyes soften. Weirdly, her voice had a hint of seductive tone. 

 

Apparently the intruder was a food delivery girl. Slim and tall. She had her hair tied up with a long ponytail falling freely at the back and wore a cap. 

 

Jessica being the shorter one had to stare right up at the girl. Looking up innocently, Jessica places her hand on the girl’s shoulder gently. 

 

“Do you want to come in, Miss? You can leave the food on the table for me.”, Jessica smiles. 

 

“What - okay”, the delivery girl sensed what was going on and plays along. Trying her best to hide a giggle and a grin behind the mask that hangs across her face. 

 

Watching the girl settle down on a chair at the dining table, Jessica places her hand on the girl’s shoulders from behind and gently massages the girl. 

 

“You can take a sit too if you like miss, the trip must be tiring. Would you like something to drink? Wine maybe?”, Jessica lowers herself and whispers by the girls ear. 

 

“Oh you can’t, you have to drive right?”, Jessica whispers through the other side. It was so close the girl could feel Jessica’s breath and for a moment, the girl through she felt Jessica’s soft lips coming into contact with her ear. 

 

“U-unnie”, the younger delivery girl shuts her eyes and finds her shoulder tense up a little before everything gave way. The younger girl was now leaning her entire head onto Jessica completely. 

 

“Shhhh”, Jessica shush the girl and proceeds to remove the girls cap and massage her head and then her temples. All while standing behind the girl who was feeling way to comfortable on a dining chair. 

 

“Can we move into your room and continue this?”, the girls raises her hand to the back and grabs onto Jessica’s arms

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter