Chapter 1

100 Days My Accountant
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol found many things beautiful. 

 

He found flowers beautiful with their delicate petals and vibrant colors. Especially the bouquet of roses and baby's breath on his desk that he had bought in the morning. 

 

He found the birds flying in the sky beautiful. Watching them from his office on the 12th floor everyday while he typed away on his computer, they soared with ease and their graceful movements told an amazing story. 

 

A knock came from his office door. 

 

"Come in." And in that moment, the door opened wide and Chanyeol smiled even wider. He watched his husband reciprocate his smile and walk into the room, his movements were graceful like the birds as he closed the door and made his way over to Chanyeol. His large doe eyes caught the sunlight when he sat beside Chanyeol and his pale face shone, his eyes sparkled and and he broke out into a heart shaped smile when Chanyeol stuttered a greeting in front of him. 

 

"We've been married for 4 years and I can't believe I still have that effect on you." 

 

Chanyeol found many things beautiful, but Kyungsoo was the most beautiful of them all. 

 

"Why did you come visit?" Chanyeol pouted when Kyungsoo picked up the bouquet on the desk, "Those flowers were supposed to be a surprise."

 

"I'm sorry, I couldn't wait knowing that today is our anniversary but I'm glad you remembered." Kyungsoo sat on Chanyeol's lap. 

 

"Did you think I would forget? I haven't forgotten it yet." Kyungsoo laughed and traced a circle on Chanyeol's shoulder.

 

"I'm just checking, don't want you to suddenly have amnesia from all the work you're doing." Chanyeol tried to fake glare at him but the endearing look in Kyungsoo's eyes melted him right away. He leaned over and pecked Kyungsoo on the lips. 

 

The fleeting kiss left Kyungsoo giggling like a teenager and he sank into Chanyeol's arms and rested his head on his shoulder. It was Chanyeol's turn to laugh at him.

 

"We've been married for 4 years and I can't believe I still have that effect on you." 

 

"Hey, you can't use my words against me." Kyungsoo muttered into Chanyeol's shoulder. Chanyeol ignored the comment and rubbed Kyungsoo's back, causing him to melt into his arms even further. 

 

The way Kyungsoo melted into his arms perfectly, the way he was humming a light spring melody as they basked in the tranquil environment, Kyungsoo made every moment of life beautiful. 

 

"We can't stay here forever Soo, we have plans." 

 

"Same restaurant?" Kyungsoo lifted himself off Chanyeol and tilted his head in question. "Aww you're so cute." Chanyeol squished Kyungsoo's cheek. 

 

"Yah," Kyungsoo swatted Chanyeol's hand away, "I'm not cute." 

 

"Okay, I'm sorry Mr. handsome, and yes, it is the same restaurant." Kyungsoo smiled in satisfaction and hopped off Chanyeol's lap. 

 

"When's the reservation?" 

 

"In about an hour." 

 

Kyungsoo smiled and took Chanyeol's hand.

 

"Perfect." 

 

..

 

"Hi Kyungsoo." The duo were walking down the hall when Chanyeol's sister, Yoora appeared from around the corner, she was the CEO of their parents company company and while Chanyeol did share the duties with her, he didn't like having the title, thus why she was the CEO. "and happy anniversary." 

 

"Thanks Yoora!" Kyungsoo said happily. 

 

"I'm guessing you two are heading out for the day then?" 

 

"Yeah." Chanyeol said. Yoora turned to him.

 

"How's the proposal going Chanyeol?" 

 

"I think it's almost done, probably another few weeks." 

 

"Sounds good, the deadline is in a couple of months anyways." Yoora nodded to both of them, "I have a meeting to go to, I'll catch you both later."

 

"Bye noona." Chanyeol smiled at his sister as she disappeared from sight. 

 

"I heard one of the workers talking about how she came in at 6am today, will she ever stop being a workaholic?" Chanyeol laughed at Kyungsoo's side comment.

 

"Well look at it like this, if I was the official CEO, then I would be the workaholic." Kyungsoo frowned at him. 

 

"You wouldn't dar-"

 

"Where are you two lovebirds going?" Kyungsoo's best friend, Baekhyun, was walking towards the two. 

 

"It's our anniversary, we're going out." Baekhyun clasped his hands together.

 

"Ah yes, sounds like a very special night," Baekhyun smirked, "Chanyeol, Try not to have too much fun with Kyungsoo tonight, his legs still need to function for our game night tomorrow " When he raised his eyebrows in a suggestive manner, Kyungsoo automatically raised his right hand and Baekhyun squeaked, taking a step back but still letting out a laugh. 

 

"Don't sleep tonight, you might die in your sleep tonight and I wouldn't want to spend game night alone tomorrow." Kyungsoo deadpanned. 

 

Baekhyun laughed again, "If you say so, anyways I have to go over the daily report with Seohyun, have fun~" Baekhyun grinned at Kyungsoo's glare and walked away. "By the way, congratulations!"

 

When Chanyeol looked back to Kyungsoo, a small smile was tugging at his lips. 

 

"You would never kill him." Kyungsoo broke out into a full on smile. 

 

"You're right, I won't, but it doesn't mean I can't put him to near death." He joked, "Now let's go."

 

 

...

 

They both enjoyed going to the same fancy restaurant every anniversary. It was the place they went to on their first date. After Chanyeol had managed to break down Kyungsoo's walls and shakily ask him out. He had went the cliche route for someone of his wealth and Kyungsoo had laughed at him when they had first walked into the five star restaurant. 

 

Chanyeol had assumed the reaction was negative and was hiding behind his menu trying to figure out how to save a failed date before Kyungsoo pulled the menu away from his face and smiled at him softly.

 

"You don't need to impress me with how much money you can spend on food in one sitting. I like you for who you are."

 

And that's one of the first times that Chanyeol knew that Kyungsoo was going to be the one.

 

 

"Hey," Kyungsoo pulled the menu out of Chanyeol's face, he was hiding behind it again. He reached over the table and placed his hand on Chanyeol's, "you're not too stressed over the proposal are you?"

 

"Sorry, is it showing? Seohyun hasn't gotten back to me with the first revisions on the budget for it, Yoora was breathing down my neck about it yesterday and it's killing me. 

 

"Then I'll help you release some of that tension tonight." Kyungsoo said with a wink. Chanyeol felt his ears tinge red, before they even got together, Kyungsoo was never the shameless one. At least the appearance of their waitress gave Chanyeol an opportunity to hide his face behind his menu.

 

After the waitress left, Chanyeol quickly changed the topic to avoid Kyungsoo making him feel even hotter in public. 

 

"So, how's the cookbook going along?" Kyungsoo beamed at him. 

 

Kyungsoo used to work in Chanyeol's company in the accounting department, but the two got together because of a very persistent Chanyeol and some events. Eventually, with Chanyeol's help, Kyungsoo had left the accounting department and was currently looking into pursuing his dream of cooking by releasing a cookbook and eventually opening a restaurant. 

 

"I think it's going great, and thanks again for funding for the book." But Kyungsoo said it with a slight grimace where the left side of his mouth would stretch slightly to far to be normal, something was off. 

 

"Are you sure it's going great?" 

 

"Yeah....." Kyungsoo's eyes darted to the left and then up. 

 

"You're lying, you know I can tell when you're lying." Kyungsoo sighed. 

 

"Something feels missing, I think the book needs one more recipe to make it special but I can't put my finger on it." Chanyeol nodded at Kyungsoo's words.

 

"Don't worry, you'll figure something out and you don't need to rush because we're not giving you a due date, unless you want to go back to the accounting department?" 

 

Kyungsoo half-heartedley glared at him, "No, I might have to murder Baekhyun if he keeps bothering me." 

 

Suddenly, the waitress arrived and placed their food in front of them. They both thanked her and dug in after she walked away.

 

They basked in the comfortable silence that loomed over the table as they ate, save for the momentary foot fights they kept having under the table, making Kyungsoo giggle constantly as he kept dominating Chanyeol's feet. 

 

When they were nearly finished their plates, a waiter and someone dressed as the manager were walking past them and talking in hushed yet panicked tones.

 

"What happened to the jazz singer? She just ran off the stage."

 

"The jazz singer got food poisoning from something, she's throwing up in the bathroom." 

 

"Her set was almost done, what are we supposed to do to fill up the extra time?" 

 

Kyungsoo's eyebrow perked at the duo's conversation and he sent a glance at Chanyeol before he turned around to the pair still talking behind them. "My husband and I would love to cover it." 

 

"Kyungsoo?" 

 

"Relax Chanyeol," Kyungsoo reached over and held Chanyeol's hand, "We've been so busy that I miss the times when we would just sit at the fireplace and sing together. It's our anniversary, let's make it special." 

 

Kyungsoo grabbed Chanyeol's hand and led him up to the simple set up, a grand piano with a microphone attached to it and another microphone stand off to the side. Kyungsoo grabbed the microphone off the stand while Chanyeol settled into the piano. The diners in the room fell silent as they observed the new performers. 

 

"I don't know about this Kyungsoo," Chanyeol whispered into Kyungsoo's ear, "It's been a while since I've touched a guitar, let alone a piano." 

 

"Don't worry, we'll do something simple, we'll do this song." Kyungsoo showed him a lyric sheet on his phone. 

 

"That's one of my favorite songs..." Kyungsoo gave him a gummy smile. 

 

"Silly, that's one of our favorite songs, now let's do this." Kyungsoo hopped onto the piano and gave Chanyeol a nod. With one more reassuring look, they started. 

 

This life has twists and turns, but it's the sweetest mystery when you're with me~

We say a thousand words when no one else is listening ~

I will be~

every night and every day, no matter what may come our way, we're in this thing together~

The dark turns to light, we both come alive, tonight~

I'm talking about forever~

 

With a quick break before the chorus, Chanyeol sneaked a glance up at Kyungsoo, who's eyes were closed as he sang with his hand gripping the microphone tightly. Kyungsoo seemed to notice Chanyeol's stare on him, opening his eyes and smiling at him. The action drew a reaction from the crowd, as their whispers grew in volume.

 

Never gonna let you go~

Giving you my heart and soul~

I'll be right here with you for life~

Oh, baby all I wanna do ~

Is spend my every second with you~

So look in my eyes~

I'll be by your side~

 

The storms may come and winds may blow~

I'll be your shelter for life~

This love, this love~

I mean it till the day I die~

 

Kyungsoo's voice resonated throughout the restaurant, some people in the audience cheered and Chanyeol couldn't help but fall harder at how beautiful he sounded. 

 

Oh, never gonna let you go~

Giving you my heart and soul~

I'll be right here with you for life~

Oh, baby all i wanna do is spend my every second with you~

So look in my eyes~ 

I'll be by your side~

Yeah look in my eyes~

I'll be by your side~

 

For life.~

 

The cheers of the audience resonating in their ears, Chanyeol opened his eyes to find Kyungsoo looking at him fondly, and before he knew it. Kyungsoo was pulling him up and drawing him for a kiss that drew an uproar from the crowd.

 

~~~

 

"I couldn't have asked for tonight to go any other way." Chanyeol said as he drove the car out of the restaurant's parking lot, the restaurant had let them have their meals on the house and even requested for them to come in and sing some other time, they had promised that if time in their schedules allowed, that they would gladly come again. "It still brings me back to that day."

 

"Oh god, can you not get sentimental, you're driving." Kyungsoo deadpanned, but Chanyeol didn't even have to turn to feel the little smirk on the end of Kyungsoo's statement, encouraging him to continue.

 

"I'll never forget when you sang that song for me at our wedding."

 

.

 

Chanyeol could never forget the moment he stood at the alter, waiting for Kyungsoo to appear. But Baekhyun had suddenly stood up from his spot in the first row and made his way to the piano at the side of the church. The guests, even Chanyeol, were confused when Baekhyun started playing, and then Kyungsoo's honey voice had cut through the air. 

 

This life has twists and turns~

 

Kyungsoo was standing on the other end of the aisle with a microphone in his hand, singing to Chanyeol with all the love he could give. When he finally ended the song and ended up in front of Chanyeol, holding his hands, Chanyeol was already a crying and stuttering mess. He could barely make it past his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter