Goryeo (2)

WENDY x SUGA • Written In The Stars

162fa1b49adfb053871230910589.jpg

After their first meeting near the river, Seungwan visited the place a few times. Yoongi would be there and they would have a nice conversation. He would tell her about hunting, things that she never learn before. He showed him some of weapon he used. Told her how to fish with a bamboo only. It turned out very fun to hang out with him. He always had to go back for hunting when the mid day come. But sometimes she met him, sometimes not. She guessed he was just went for a early hunting when she didn't meet her. It's not like they made a plan to meet each other there. It was pure coincidence? Or maybe not.

Today was their 5th meeting there. Seungwan brought her basket full of lunch and fruits. She put down her basket on her usual big rocks that she usually sat on.

"Yoongi-ssi!" Seungwan waved her hands to the man she was waiting for as he walk from the other side of the river. 

He smirked but walked towards her.

"Are you always this free? You seems to come here everyday. How long has its been, a week huh?" Yoongi said as he opened the lunch box that was given from Seungwan.

"How do you know i come here everyday?" Seungwan said.

"I can see you clearly from there." Yoongi pointed out at the forest across the river. "Your hanbok's color is so bright that i can notice you so clearly between those bushes."

Seungwan blushed and she smiled a little.

"You have no work huh? You don't help out your parents?" Yoongi asked.

Seungwan was taken aback by Yoongi's question. There were a lot of things that she couldn't explain. Should she come clean and said that she worked in the palace, or that she was from a noble family? It's really hard for her to decide. She was kind of.... afraid. But afraid of what?

"Seungwan-ssi?" Yoongi asked as he turned his head from the box of food to hers.

'What timing is this, why am i so nervous?' Seungwan thought. 

'If i answer him correctly will he stay? Or will he leave me? What should i do? I still want to meet him again' She said in her head.

"Err.. I work in the palace, actually." Seungwan said shyly. "But the princess is in the North Kingdom and i am just waiting for her to comeback. Its just been a week, she still have another week there before she comeback." She said as she looked at Yoongi.

"Oh.." Yoongi stopped chewing on his kimbap. "My mother also work in the palace. I often go there too."

"Oh my! Really?" Seungwan couldn't hide her excitement as she grabbed Yoongi's sleeve.

She realized what she did because Yoongi was glaring at her. She looked at her hands and let go of his sleeves, "Oh sorry!"

"When i visit the palace, i will let you know. My mother works in the kitchen."

"Is she a cook?" Seungwan asked.

"Something like that." Yoongi answered.

"Then lets meet!" Seungwan smiled.

She glanced at Yoongi who continued to eat his kimbap.

"Oh you got rice here." Seungwan said as she took one piece of rice near Yoongi's mouth.

He stared at her as she got closer to him.

Seungwan noticed that Yoongi was staring at her and their eyes met. Seungwan blinked a few times and look everywhere but his.

"You are really not afraid of me huh?"

"Why should i?" She answered, still not looking at him.

"I'm scary. Look at my scar, none want to get close to me." He answered, turning his head to look at the scenery in front of him instead of the blushing Seungwan.

"You are not scary Yoongi-ssi. I know you are a good person." She said. "Or at least i hope."

Yoongi smirked and didn't answer her anymore.

Both of them enjoying each other company. None talked. They enjoy the silence and only the sound of river and bird chirping was heard.

 

_

 

Days passed since the last time Seungwan meet Yoongi at the edge of the river. She was busy in the palace preparing for the princess' needs as she will be back in a few days. So it made her couldn't meet Yoongi at all.  She really hope she can visit the river the next day because she felt...... missing him.. a little? No. A lot.

Seungwan sighed as she sat on the back garden bench and leaned her back towards the seat.

"What else i have not done? I need to get it done before it gets dark so i can have my free time tomorrow.." She said to herself.

"Seungwan-ssi?" A voiced called behind her.

Seungwan turned her head towards the source of the voice. 

"Yoongi-ssi!" She stood up and run towards him and jumped on him instantly.

He didn't have any choice but to hug her back and held her closer so she wouldn't fall down. Strange thing was, he hugged her tightly. Seungwan could feel the tight hold of his arms on her waist.

Seungwan let go of the hug and try to stand properly. "So..sorry.. I shouldn't have-" She tried to explain. "I was... excited." She felt so confused on herself and why she did that.

"It's okay." Yoongi answered. "You can stay in my arm like that if you want."

Seungwan blinked a few times and seem bewitched as she froze on the spot and didn't know what to do.

"Lets sit here.." She said as she lead him to the bench she sat earlier.

Both of them sat down there and watching the sunset on the west. It felt so awkward for Seungwan.

'What should i do? It's so awkward now.' She thought.

"I..." She started. "I was so happy. I am happy. To be able to see you after a few days."

Yoongi looking at her and she was looking at her own hand on her lap and not him. Then he noticed on how red her cheeks were. 

"I also didn't expect to meet you here. I often go here but i never once meet you." Yoongi said.

"I usually stay in Gongjunim's headquater." Seungwan tried to explain slowly.

"You are not secretly a princess are you?" Yoongi .

"Of course not! There is only 1 princess in this Kingdom. Also, this lackey girl has nowhere close to the princess. How dare you..." Seungwan blushed as she was flustered at the man in front of her.

"You look like one though.. So beautiful and elegant." He answered back.

Seungwan didn't know how to respond back so she just change the topic quickly, "Wha.. what are you doing here?"

Yoongi leaned his back on the bench, "Just giving my mother some of her stuffs like usual. I will be back in like a month or so if she need something."

"You don't live in the palace's staff headquarter?" Seungwan asked.

"I'm a hunter Sungwan-ssi, it's my mom who work for the palace, not me. I can even live in the woods if i want."

Seungwan nodded at Yoongi's answer.

"How are you?" Yoongi asked.  "You didn't come to the river these days. After going to the river everyday, you suddenly stop. I was worried." He said.

Seungwan looked at the man in front of her, it's like the first time he asked how she was doing.

 "I am good." She answered. "Just doing basic work that need to be done. How are you?"

"Not that well. Got into a fight with other hunter and i scratched my self." He answered as he folded his long sleeves and show her some bruises.

"Oh my are you okay?!" Seungwan looked at the bruises and touch it lightly. "Is it hurt?"

"It's okay, it's a usual thing for me." He answered.

"No, it may get infection if its not treated correctly. Wait a second i will take some ointment." Seungwan stood up and run towards the back of a building behind them.

Not long after that she's back with a clothe and small bowl. She brought it towards the bench where Yoongi still sat on. 

"Give me your hand." Seungwan said.

Without saying anything, Yoongi stretched his hand and Seungwan grabbed it lightly and put some ointment on it.

"You should take care of yourself better. What if it get infection? It would be so bad. Especially this open wound. How long has it been?" Seungwan asked.

"Like 2 days." Yoongi answered. "I already washed it well. It's okay it will heal soon."

"But it will leave big mark if its not treated correctly." Seungwan said flustered. 

"It's not like i will show my bare hands to anyone." Yoongi answer.

"Yeah but i am concerned!" Seungwan said as she press the wound a little harder because she was annoyed to Yoongi. 

"Aw!" Yoongi clenched.

"Oh my sorry, i didn't meant to.." Seungwan taken aback as she heard Yoongi's clenched his teeth.

Yoongi looked at Seungwan's face that was lightened by the sunset. He unconsciously touched her cheek and rub it lightly with his other hand.

"Thank you." He said.

Seungwan once again didn't know how to respond. She just smiled and continue to put ointment on Yoongi's wound and bruises. Once it's done, Seungwan just put the bowl beside her and stay still, sitting there beside Yoongi. Both of them enjoying their silence as they watch the sunset.

"Will you stay for dinner?" Seungwan asked.

"Why, you want to cook for me?" Yoongi answered. 

Seungwan once again in a million times that time, blushed again. "No, i mean if you want to stay for dinner with your mother and-"

"I'm just kidding Seungwan-ssi. Teasing you is so fun, i like your red cheeks." Yoongi said.

Seungwan touched both of her cheeks, it did felt hot on her palm. 

"Well... If you want you can come back here on dinner time, i can bring some food for you. Since... you know, you spend your noon here, you didn't go for hunting today."

"Why are you so kind Seungwan-ssi. It's not good for my heart." Yoongi suddenly said.

"Huh?" 

"I will be back later at dinner time. I should go now." Yoongi said as he stood up from his seat. "Thank you for the ointment."

"You're welcome.." Seungwan also stood up from her seat.

"Same place?" Yoongi asked.

"Same place. Here.." Seungwan asked.

Yoongi didn't say anything, he just smirked and walked away from her.

_

Seungwan packed some food in two box. She then quietly walked away from her headquarter. Her parents are currently in the main building in the palace, and she was alone there. Good thing Yoongi was about to join her for dinner so she wouldn't be lonely.

She sat on the bench she sat earlier while waiting for Yoongi to come. She change her hanbook to a brighter color of pink, she even braided her heir nicely and prettily while wearing some flower pins on it. She sat quietly while looking at the stars when she felt someone tapped on her shoulder.

"Did you wait for long?" The voice from behind her said.

Seungwan turned her head and smiled when she saw the person behind her. "Yoongi-ssi."

"No, I have not wait for that long." She said. "Come and sit down... I've been hungry, i have not eat it at all. So i don't know if it will taste good." Seungwan said as she opened the box's cover and reveal some foods.

"These looks awesome! I have never eaten something so fancy like this." Yoongi said as he look at how fancy the foods were. He took a bite and nodded at the taste.

"Really? I can cook more for you in the future if you want." Seungwan was happy seeing Yoongi was pleased with the dinner she made.

They both enjoy their dinner under the stars in silence. They just smile to each other when their eyes meet but none say anything until both of them finished eating.

Seungwan packed the boxes together once they finished. But she was not ready to say goodbye to Yoongi, she still wanted him to stay there.

"What will you do tonight?" Yoongi asked.

"Uhm, maybe reading book. I really have nothing to do until the princess comeback." She answered.

"Want to have a little walk around the palace? I will take you back before it's too late." He said.

Seungwan eyes widened and she answered with a smile and a nod.

Both of them walked slowly and enjoying the night breeze. Seungwan did talk a lot while Yoongi just listening to her and nod a few times.

"I'm sorry it must be very boring keep listing to my blabbering." Seungwan said.

"No, i like listening to your voice." Yoongi said. "I am not good with talking and giving responds, but i am a good listener."

Seungwan smiled and stopped her step. 

"Yoongi-ssi..." She said.

Yoongi also stopped his step and looked at her.

"I don't know why....." She said slowly. "Like what you said before, i should be afraid of you. But i am not." 

She took a deep breath, "I don't know why, but instead of being scared of you, i keep seeing you in my days, i keep thinking of you. When i see you, my heart fluttered and it feels like jumping inside here." She pointed at her chest.

"Everyday, i cannot wait to meet you. When i couldn't go to the river, what i think the most is finishing my work so i can get free time and go there to meet you. Because i know, once the princess' back, it would be very hard for me to go to the river." She avoided Yoongi's eyes and look at the stars above her. "Why is it? What kind of feeling is it? I never once feel it this way. And especially.... towards a stranger. I just met you last week, but i feel like we are close already."

"But, these days are fun.." Seungwan said finally looking at Yoongi's eyes. "I am very happy." She smiled.

Yoongi look into the pure eyes in front of him, eyes that reflects the star in the sky sparking at him.

He took a step forward and grabbed her cheeks with both of his palm. He averted his gaze towards her lips, and he leaned forward to connect both of their lips together

Seungwan's heart beat so fast that made her blank and couldn't think of anything but closed her eyes.

Yoongi leaned off of her, but both of his hands still cupping her red cheeks. "I feel the same way as you."

He took a deep breath and said, "I keep wanting to see you. I waited for you near the river everyday but you didn't come. I was really worried. I even made up some reason to be able to meet my mother so i can go to the palace. I was looking for you the whole day. Hoping that i can see you even from a far. To make sure that you are alright."

Seungwan felt her chest was going to explode, she was so happy, so happy that she was about to cry.

"Oh why is it?" She said as she wiped tears that fell from her eyes. "Why am i even crying? Hahaha.." She was smiling but she cried.

Yoongi also smiled as his thumbs also brushed the tears away from her cheeks.

"It's late now. You should go inside, your parents would be worried." Yoongi said. 

Seungwan grabbed Yoongi's sleeve preventing him to let go. "If i finish early, i will go to the river tomorrow."

Yoongi nodded and let go of her cheeks that he's been touching.

"Good night Yoongi-ssi." 

"Good night Seungwan-ssi."

Seungwan walked backwards as she still wanted to see Yoongi who was standing there. She waved her hands to him and he waved back.

 

Little did they know, someone was watching them in the dark shade not far from where they were standing.

"Who is he?" The man said.